ADVERTISEMENT

4B opinions after 3 weeks

Brown from EV was the best player in the game!
Nope, he could not have been! Haven’t you heard? Louisa “controlled” the game! Oh, except for the scoreboard that is. However...

I would be shocked if Smith isn’t playing on Sundays in a few years. He is an incredible player.

Last edited:
Brown from EV was the best player in the game!
Even though Smith had more tackles while EV sent 3 players at him almost every play, while he played hurt? And flew from the middle of the field and made a huge solo stop on a WR screen on a 4th down? Brown played great but missed a ton of tackles.

Even though Smith had more tackles while EV sent 3 players at him almost every play, while he played hurt? And flew from the middle of the field and made a huge solo stop on a WR screen on a 4th down? Brown played great but missed a ton of tackles.
Oh my goodness...no way EV really won that game! Somebody check who was running the scoreboard. I smell a conspiracy! Or is that smell sour grapes?

Your posts have everything to do with being passive aggressive and dismissive of EV. I guess you do that to every team who beats Louisa. It is a character flaw but fortunately Louisa doesn’t lose often...even when they do, they really don’t (wink, wink).

Reactions: Bcope83
@Marshall-Dillon no, my post has everything to do with Smith being the best player on the field, regardless of the loss. I congratulate EV on the win! Funny, when we lost to Salem I gave all credit to Salem and said they out-coached us. Take your straw man arguments to the Class 2 board.

@Marshall-Dillon no, my post has everything to do with Smith being the best player on the field, regardless of the loss. I congratulate EV on the win! Funny, when we lost to Salem I gave all credit to Salem and said they out-coached us. Take your straw man arguments to the Class 2 board.
I’m sure Salem was honored by your magnanimous gesture! Too bad you’ve gone to great lengths and multiple posts to rag on EV. But that is okay, the Nats are winning.

By the way, most teams who play Salem are out coached. I’m a converted believer.

I think I’ll stay here awhile longer.

Last edited:
This year if ev and Louisa play the outcome is going to be different and I will say this the Qb for ev isnt on the level of the qb of last years Qb , meaning Louisa isn’t gonna give him much time to pass and honestly I seriously doubt they can run on Louisa, so they’ll have to pass the ball , ev do have 3 good players on offense from what I’ve seen which are receivers, I think the key to beating Louisa is to have a Mobil qb like massaponax has, and a a team must have a a few solid running backs to

I’m sure Salem was honored by your magnanimous gesture! Too bad you’ve gone to great lengths and multiple posts to rag on EV. But that is okay, the Nats are winning.

I think I’ll stay here awhile longer.
And I haven't "ragged" on EV, you just read what you want to read the way you want to read it to fit any straw man arguments that match your narrative. Yep, the Nationals are true patriots along with their vocal fans! They couldn't have won the championship at a better time. Not sure what that has to do with high school football though!

Last edited:
This year if ev and Louisa play the outcome is going to be different and I will say this the Qb for ev isnt on the level of the qb of last years Qb , meaning Louisa isn’t gonna give him much time to pass and honestly I seriously doubt they can run on Louisa, so they’ll have to pass the ball , ev do have 3 good players on offense from what I’ve seen which are receivers, I think the key to beating Louisa is to have a Mobil qb like massaponax has, and a a team must have a a few solid running backs to
I hope I’m wrong but I doubt EV makes it to a rematch. Too many penalties.

Reactions: FoxesPride
your wasting your time he is stuck in his "who won mode" he cant here what we are saying so he must me needing batteries for his hearing aid.
Just FYI...hearing aides are not necessary to read. However, my glasses work just fine...it is “hear” not “here” and “be” not “me”. If you are going to be insulting, at least be literate.

if you watched the game he put up he was running for his life all night and was not effective till it
My glasses work just fine...it is “hear” not “here” and “be” not “me”. If you are going to be insulting, at least be literate. And I don’t think hearing aides are necessary to read.
lol do you think I'm going to try and be correct in my grammar for you surely you gest. I know your grasping at straws if your criticizing the way I type when most of these guys are as horrible as I am. nice try

if you watched the game he put up he was running for his life all night and was not effective till it

lol do you think I'm going to try and be correct in my grammar for you surely you gest. I know your grasping at straws if your criticizing the way I type when most of these guys are as horrible as I am. nice try
Gomer says, “hey to you and yours!”

*Taps plays*. Here's to you:

4B opinions after 3 weeks

10-11 pages of great on topic conversation without personal attacks. You were awesome and amazing. Truly, a once in a generation thread. However, Father Time is undefeated. You can not stop the inevitable. :(

Reactions: SpartanOfYore
it should have ended long ago. and with him I cant help my self hes so negative and grouchy on every post. time to make a new thread.

If someone makes a subjective statement but portrays it as fact, it will be challenged. I might be sarcastic to some of these subjective posts presented as fact but not negative about any player or team.
Time to go over to the Long Branch and flirt with Ms. Kitty so you have “control” of the floor for the rest of the day. Bless all who have endured!

Holy smokes this thread!!! :D Again this is the 4B thread can yall make a Eastern View/ Louisa thread already? Last year is over and done with, Louisa may have "controlled" the game, but they lost! Bat the ball or catch the "hail mary" pass. Better yet just make the tackle! On to what matters EV or Louisa will be lucky to make it to the Region final I have seen EV a couple times and seen Louia once this season and neither team is what they were last year. I am sorry fellas new year, new teams....Dont count your chicks before they hatch. You ready for this? (Depending on seeding) Monacan/Dinwiddie region B finals! Louisa and EV will have to hope they make it to eachother so we can have another glorious thread dedicated to them :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not sure if EV can/will win the region this year, BUT, I don't think anyone but Louisa is capable of coming into Cyclone Stadium and leaving a winner from 4B. I think if EV stays at #2 or goes up to #1 they will play in the final.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
Holy smokes this thread!!! :D Again this is the 4B thread can yall make a Eastern View/ Louisa thread already? Last year is over and done with, Louisa may have "controlled" the game, but they lost! Bat the ball or catch the "hail mary" pass. Better yet just make the tackle! On to what matters EV or Louisa will be lucky to make it to the Region final I have seen EV a couple times and seen Louia once this season and neither team is what they were last year. I am sorry fellas new year, new teams....Dont count your chicks before they hatch. You ready for this? (Depending on seeding) Monacan/Dinwiddie region B finals! Louisa and EV will have to hope they make it to eachother so we can have another glorious thread dedicated to them :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I doubt EV makes it to a rematch. Like I said more than once, too many penalties. Hope I am wrong. Now I’m out for good!

I’m just hope the games played has great weather and not watered down fields and teams can play the game this year because if a wet field or snow I’m not sure who has a better run game then Louisa , monacan airs it out a lot dinwiddie can do both, ev can do both also but with bad weather And messy field and teams had to run I’ll bet on Louisa

Can you elaborate? If you mean it's because we lost Smith, that's fine, but we're pretty much the same team but improved, with a better QB, O line and D line than last year.

No problem, no disrespect but I do not feel your OL/DL or QB is better than last year. You have some key pieces returning for sure, but losing seniors is huge. The freshman QB and freshman DL is good (and will be great) but he is still a freshman who has yet to play in a big playoff game (Do not want to take anything from massaponax) and thats going to be tough for him. OL/DL has pieces returning but i feel they lost some good ones and I just dont know if the ones filling those roles are as good as lasts years 56 and 63. But i could be wrong you know what they say about opinions...and i believe you have said that your defense is better than last year; please elaborate because I do not see how a defense gets better by losing a Player of the year?

Reactions: LionNation540
that's what I said. thanks

No problem, no disrespect but I do not feel your OL/DL or QB is better than last year. You have some key pieces returning for sure, but losing seniors is huge. The freshman QB and freshman DL is good (and will be great) but he is still a freshman who has yet to play in a big playoff game (Do not want to take anything from massaponax) and thats going to be tough for him. OL/DL has pieces returning but i feel they lost some good ones and I just dont know if the ones filling those roles are as good as lasts years 56 and 63. But i could be wrong you know what they say about opinions...and i believe you have said that your defense is better than last year; please elaborate because I do not see how a defense gets better by losing a Player of the year?
Thanks for the great response! I agree about the QB, in that he might have a freshman moment at the worst time, but so far he's shown more poise than our QB did over the course of the regular season last year. I disagree on #63, he was the one most fans complained about (he was a backup anyway since the starter was hurt all year) and I feel that #75 is much better. On the D line, our freshman is playing like a senior already, he's looking like a bigger #55 at times, and we still have our other starting D end. It remains to be seen if we end up missing #56 as he was good at D tackle, but I'm confident in the depth I've seen so far. I say the defense is better because the secondary has everyone back but they're deeper. Adding Smith's sophomore little brother Jordan, and sophomore JaQuan Jones has made a difference, Morgan has improved too. Jarett Hunter has barely played in the secondary, because everyone else has played so well, and Robinson hasn't played defense at all yet. Junior LB Logan McGhee has been great as well, along with soph Stephen Dean off the bench. Senior LBs Aponte and Sims have looked like Smith at times. Basically I say the defense is better because of more depth and a stacked LB and secondary core. Thanks again for your response.

Reactions: footballjunkie01
Don't know them well enough to talk about individuals but I don't think either the O-line or D-line has performed like they did last year. I know they didn't face the same teams but Louisa has been susceptible to simple dive plays all year (Massaponax, Orange, Chancellor).
On the offensive side the QB has been pressured quite a bit this year against good teams. Also many of the highlights I see are the RB's making things happen on their own, not having a lot of holes to hit and getting past the secondary.

Don't know them well enough to talk about individuals but I don't think either the O-line or D-line has performed like they did last year. I know they didn't face the same teams but Louisa has been susceptible to simple dive plays all year (Massaponax, Orange, Chancellor).
On the offensive side the QB has been pressured quite a bit this year against good teams. Also many of the highlights I see are the RB's making things happen on their own, not having a lot of holes to hit and getting past the secondary.
That was how I felt last year, ha. We got beat on dives much more last year. Orange's RB killed us last year but only had 2 or 3 good runs against us this year, one of them was in garbage time. This year we've only gotten beaten on a dive maybe 5 times all year besides the Ponax game. I just chalk it up to our aggressiveness/scheme biting us sometimes. It's a risk/reward defense. For example, last year against C'ville's triple option we ran the same 4-3 defense Glass runs, instead of our 3-4. I thought we'd do the same against Ponax, but we used a modified 3-4. I feel that 4-3 would've helped a ton but we got enough stops at the right times.

Can you elaborate? If you mean it's because we lost Smith, that's fine, but we're pretty much the same team but improved, with a better QB, O line and D line than last year.

I feel Louisa is a very good and a very dangerous team I’m just not buying that they are better than last years team. Honestly just because Brandon Smith was a man playing amongst boys. He’s getting playing time at penn state as a freshman! You just don’t replace that and think you are better. He’s one of a kind! The guys coming back and replacing him do not have power 5 offers....I could be wrong it’s just hard for me to think they are better without him. My honest opinion is that Louisa’s team that went to the state championship two years ago was far better than last years team or this years team! That team was so physical! This team seems more finesse to me! I’ve been wrong before and I can be wrong now

I feel Louisa is a very good and a very dangerous team I’m just not buying that they are better than last years team. Honestly just because Brandon Smith was a man playing amongst boys. He’s getting playing time at penn state as a freshman! You just don’t replace that and think you are better. He’s one of a kind! The guys coming back and replacing him do not have power 5 offers....I could be wrong it’s just hard for me to think they are better without him. My honest opinion is that Louisa’s team that went to the state championship two years ago was far better than last years team or this years team! That team was so physical! This team seems more finesse to me! I’ve been wrong before and I can be wrong now
i was saying this last year the only thing that improved last year was brandon had another years experience along with his other team mates. you cant lose the offensive fire power they did and expect to keep rolling like they were. the only thing that really improved the team is that they got a qb that would have helped malik 2 yrs ago. I gave credit to last yrs team because they proved me wrong and im thinking this yrs team is going to really prove me wrong. I hope anyways. see you at the game tonight GO LIONS!!!! P.S. let me apologize now for my grammar.

Louisa offense is pretty much the same this yr but better, the same kids from last yr are playing The defense is pretty much the same except Brandon smith, they didn’t have to reload or a had a drop off on defense or offense this yr, now next year it’s reload for sure, I think it’s like 21 seniors on the team so next year is gonna be so different

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT