ADVERTISEMENT

4B opinions after 3 weeks

All I’m saying I was at the game but but looking in tape is different u see more and I saw more or this video Louisa had more rushing yards and passing and controlled the game ev had literally one great running play up then middle and scored other then that there offense wasn’t doing much that whole go watch the whole game sir
Louisa's first TD was set up by a long run and their 2nd was set up by a turnover deep in EV territory. EV's first TD was set up by a turnover deep in Louisa's end and their 2nd was scored on a long run. Louisa had a shot for a 3rd score on a tipped pass in the end zone but it was dropped (and a penalty on the play). EV capitalized on their tipped pass. I would say it was an evenly played game in harsh conditions. EV won, Louisa lost in heartbreaking fashion. Moving on.
How about Orange vs Fluvanna this week? Play-off implications for Fluvanna, Orange trying to keep their hopes alive, and 1-3 seeding implications as well.
How about Kettle Run vs Culpeper? Two teams with disappointing seasons that could decide the location of the rematch of this terrific game.

Reactions: 86CulpGrad
All I’m saying I was at the game but but looking in tape is different u see more and I saw more or this video Louisa had more rushing yards and passing and controlled the game ev had literally one great running play up then middle and scored other then that there offense wasn’t doing much that whole go watch the whole game sir
Huh....
EV LOU
Rushes-yards 32-171 40-152
Passing yards 99 73
Comp-Att-Int 7-18-1 4-13-1
Punts-Avg. 4-38.6 4-27.0
Fumbles-lost 1-0 2-2

Yep. Clear domination

Louisa should’ve been up 14-0 in the first half they threw interception on there 12 yard line ev scored, Louisa offense scored on ev , then Louisa literally threw the ball into the receivers hands at the 20 yard line he dropped it, Louisa dominated that game with the run and passing game, ev got lucky with that one touchdown run , and the last few seconds wIth a Hail Mary pass, other then that ev would’ve lost , this year Louisa team will win if they play again Louisa defense is the same minus Brandon smith and offense is better
I wouldn't say we dominated, controlled is a better word as racindan said. And the pick on our first drive was actually inside the 5 yard line, EV scored right after. That was a complete gift to EV by our QB.

How about Orange vs Fluvanna this week? Play-off implications for Fluvanna, Orange trying to keep their hopes alive, and 1-3 seeding implications as well.
How about Kettle Run vs Culpeper? Two teams with disappointing seasons that could decide the location of the rematch of this terrific game.
If Fluvanna continues to get healthy, I can see them winning a playoff game or two. This year's and last year's team (with their coach who came from Louisa) are actually teams you must worry about, or you'll lose. They run the Wing T but a better variation than Courtland's, and they run nice pass plays out of it that can actually torch your defense if you aren't disciplined, instead of "chuck it up and pray" like Courtland does.

I'd love to see Orange make the playoffs, but unfortunately they'd probably rematch us or EV. They had a ton of trouble snapping the ball early in the season, and still has trouble with penalties. But when they can actually execute their plays, they can be very formidable and have the personnel and O line to play with anyone.

I never thought that our seeding would be so implicated by Kettle Run beating Culpeper!

That "gift" was the result of great pressure by a lineman and a great interception by a diving LB.
The QB could've thrown the ball away, as he was outside the box, but clearly panicked. We were saying in the stands before that play that we bet he would panic, and he did.

Reactions: Va434
Huh....
EV LOU
Rushes-yards 32-171 40-152
Passing yards 99 73
Comp-Att-Int 7-18-1 4-13-1
Punts-Avg. 4-38.6 4-27.0
Fumbles-lost 1-0 2-2

Yep. Clear domination
Literally be fore that 55 yrs Hail Mary pass they had only 44yds pass ev, and like I said Louisa controlled the game just go watch the whole game smh

If Fluvanna continues to get healthy, I can see them winning a playoff game or two. This year's and last year's team (with their coach who came from Louisa) are actually teams you must worry about, or you'll lose. They run the Wing T but a better variation than Courtland's, and they run nice pass plays out of it that can actually torch your defense if you aren't disciplined, instead of "chuck it up and pray" like Courtland does.

I'd love to see Orange make the playoffs, but unfortunately they'd probably rematch us or EV. They had a ton of trouble snapping the ball early in the season, and still has trouble with penalties. But when they can actually execute their plays, they can be very formidable and have the personnel and O line to play with anyone.

I never thought that our seeding would be so implicated by Kettle Run beating Culpeper!
Yeah...I'd like to think Culpeper could beat KR, but I'm not confident. If the QB for Culpeper can throw 1 int or less, they have a pretty good shot. He's an athletic kid but man he throws a lot of pics.

Literally be fore that 55 yrs Hail Mary pass they had only 44yds pass ev, and like I said Louisa controlled the game just go watch the whole game smh
To say it was a hail-mary is incorrect. It's not like he threw it 50 yd's sky-high and was hoping for a miracle. He was on the run and was throwing it to a specific player. It was under thrown, got tipped, and that was it. AND, Leake did have to run it a nice long way for the TD and no one could catch him.

The QB could've thrown the ball away, as he was outside the box, but clearly panicked. We were saying in the stands before that play that we bet he would panic, and he did.
Outside the box doesn't apply to VA HS rules TMK If the ball isn't thrown in the area of an eligible recover it can be flagged for intentional grounding. The rule you are referring to applies in college and the NFL.

Reactions: LionNation540
And most of those yards were screen plays. @86CulpGrad the ball was in the air 30 yards before it was tipped, I'd consider that a hail Mary. For anyone else, the play is at the 2 hr 26 minute mark of the video.

So much for "4B opinions after 3 weeks"

I'll stir the pot...EV wins last year on a dry field and a rematch this year will result in EV getting blown out...discuss.

To say it was a hail-mary is incorrect. It's not like he threw it 50 yd's sky-high and was hoping for a miracle. He was on the run and was throwing it to a specific player. It was under thrown, got tipped, and that was it. AND, Leake did have to run it a nice long way for the TD and no one could catch him.
Man that play was a miracle that ball was tipped and leake happened to catch it the Louisa players were literally not in place to tackle, a few of Louisa players were on the ground, Louisa made one bad mistake and that was the interception and it killed them the game is over and done, so now if Louisa and ev have the rematch I’ll bet it on Louisa but first we’ll see how the seedlings are and just remember dinwiddie and monacan isn’t a slouch or bad team, they just played the 804 teams that’s good, dont be surprised if one of them come out the region

Outside the box doesn't apply to VA HS rules TMK If the ball isn't thrown in the area of an eligible recover it can be flagged for intentional grounding. The rule you are referring to applies in college and the NFL.
Thanks, but #1 Jarett Hunter was also eligible nearby and the QB could've thrown the ball near his feet. The play is at the 20 min mark of the video.

And most of those yards were screen plays. @86CulpGrad the ball was in the air 30 yards before it was tipped, I'd consider that a hail Mary. For anyone else, the play is at the 2 hr 26 minute mark of the video.

I agree it was a lucky play, but I don't know by your definition how most passes now aren't Hail Mary.

30 yards in the air isn't a lot, and it being tipped doesn't make it a hail mary.

Before you say I am against Louisa here, I wanted them to win, and the game that I watched Louisa was the better team

If a frog had wings, he would not bump his hiney on the ground...

Remind me again who scored the most points in that game? Just asking for a friend:)
again a the wise @#! speaks. I didn't say they should have won I said they controlled the game whats so hard about that grouch

@Gunz41 it was EV's final play, from their own 41 yard line, to win the game. It was a desperation pass that was underthrown on the run. If Louisa had stopped it, they needed only a kneel to win.

Last edited:
mike I just made the observation because he put the game film up and it confirmed what I said after the game last year and everybody blamed the field.....the same field louisa played on by the way.If making a comment about last years game isn't cool ill make sure not to do it again. your still a grouch dillon

@Gunz41 it was EV's final play, on 4th down, from their own 41 yard line, to win the game. It was a desperation pass that was underthrown on the run. If Louisa had stopped it, they needed only a kneel to win.
I'll go along with desperation. Not your classic hail-mary though.

It's clear now that the details/viewpoints of this game will change as each year goes by. I believe last year after the game, each side said it was very even/hard hitting/bad field for both/etc. No mention how one controlled it over the other. It will be known though as the Miracle in Mineral. Keep in mind if not for a missed extra point by an excellent kicker, that game was headed for overtime.

@Gunz41 it was EV's final play, on 4th down, from their own 41 yard line, to win the game. It was a desperation pass that was underthrown on the run. If Louisa had stopped it, they needed only a kneel to win.

I know it was desperate attempt, but by your words saying 30 yards in the air and tipped you call that a Hail Mary, but that happens lots during a game was my only point

In case anyone wants to watch or re-watch last year's Louisa/EV playoff game to brace themselves for a potential rematch this year, here it is. I finally got around to watching it, now that I have a clear head again about how it ended, ha! Great game! So many missed opportunities by both teams, but especially Louisa (like dropped good passes), that could've broken the game open. Both defenses played really well, and Louisa has most of that team back.

https://cmn.viebit.com/player.php?hash=OlKQj7znLnLm
Thank you so much for posting. My father grew up in Culpeper and my mother was from Louisa so I had mixed emotions on this game. In watching complete game for the first time I thought Louisa should have won the game but early mistakes and costly penalties late in game hurt them drastically. I would have loved to have seen this game played on an excellent field as I do think it would have been a high scoring affair. Linebackers for both teams, number 12 for Louisa and #7 for Eastern View were everywhere. I thought Louisa should have passed a little more yet I guess their game is running the ball.

A shame either team had to lose. Again thank you so much for posting.

@86CulpGrad I wasn't posting here at the time, but I remember differently, people saying EV dominated, etc. The thread is still there. And missed PATs are much more common in high school, even by excellent kickers, than hail Marys. If the game didn't end that way, EV fans would complain about the missed PAT, while Louisa and neutral fans would say too bad, that's part of the game, don't miss it.

@86CulpGrad I wasn't posting here at the time, but I remember differently, people saying EV dominated, etc. The thread is still there. And missed PATs are much more common in high school, even by excellent kickers, than hail Marys. If the game didn't end that way, EV fans would complain about the missed PAT, while Louisa and neutral fans would say too bad, that's part of the game, don't miss it.
Personally I didn't think either team dominated. I did think the 2 LB's for both teams were great, with the Louisa kid being a litter better.

I know it was desperate attempt, but by your words saying 30 yards in the air and tipped you call that a Hail Mary, but that happens lots during a game was my only point
I didn't think at the time that I had to give multiple reasons why it was a hail Mary just to please you. I thought one reason was good enough. The point is, most people use the terms hail Mary and desperation pass interchangeably. If you watch the play, most of the EV players ran verticals and the ball was underthrown. It was a hail Mary play.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting. My father grew up in Culpeper and my mother was from Louisa so I had mixed emotions on this game. In watching complete game for the first time I thought Louisa should have won the game but early mistakes and costly penalties late in game hurt them drastically. I would have loved to have seen this game played on an excellent field as I do think it would have been a high scoring affair. Linebackers for both teams, number 12 for Louisa and #7 for Eastern View were everywhere. I thought Louisa should have passed a little more yet I guess their game is running the ball.

No problem! Glad someone appreciated it!

mike I just made the observation because he put the game film up and it confirmed what I said after the game last year and everybody blamed the field.....the same field louisa played on by the way.If making a comment about last years game isn't cool ill make sure not to do it again. your still a grouch dillon
It's all good. Discussion is what this board is all about. For the most part, this year has been a big improvement over last year in terms of content and a dramatic decrease in personal attacks and negative posts. I don't care if you talk about last year or games that won't ever happen. As long as everyone realizes that there are many ways to look at things, different conclusions can be drawn from the same play or game, and we can disagree without being disagreeable, then I'm fine.

your still a grouch dillon
Nothing grouchy about it. To the contrary... I find it amusing that supposedly grown men are still trying to justify a loss almost a year after the fact.

I could spend post after post going on hypothetically about how EV would have won by 20. 30, 40 on a dry field. Maybe that’s true maybe it’s not. But it still won’t change the outcome of the actual game. What it would do is slight the effort of Louisa on the night of the actual game. Pretty much what most of these posts has done to EV.

Last edited:
Welp, thread ruined.

giphy.gif

Reactions: mike salem
Oh God not politics. The 3 most divisive issues I can think of are politics, religion, and apparently HS football! Let's just stick with the latter.

Reactions: mbonape1
It's all good. Discussion is what this board is all about. For the most part, this year has been a big improvement over last year in terms of content and a dramatic decrease in personal attacks and negative posts. I don't care if you talk about last year or games that won't ever happen. As long as everyone realizes that there are many ways to look at things, different conclusions can be drawn from the same play or game, and we can disagree without being disagreeable, then I'm fine.
Right...just look at that unbelievable play during the Nats game last night. Even All-Star/Hall-of-Fame players were disagreeing over that call after the game.

Reactions: mike salem
I didn't think at the time that I had to give multiple reasons why it was a hail Mary just to please you. I thought one reason was good enough. The point is, most people use the terms hail Mary and desperation pass interchangeabley. If you watch the play, most of the EV players ran verticals and the ball was underthrown. It was a hail Mary play.

Goodness gracious man, you take everything so personal. I agree with you on the outcome, just the way you worded something and you think it's a shot or something.

Again, just so you are clear, I am NOT disagreeing that it was desperation, but this is a direct quote "the ball was in the air 30 yards before it was tipped, I'd consider that a hail Mary." The point being that the play could happen 20 times in the game and it WOULDN'T be a Hail Mary, so adding in the context is what WOULD make it a Hail Mary.

You think all the people on here are against you or Louisa. Maybe a lot of the posters are, but I am not one of them. But you get defensive at the 1st word of anyone who says a word differently than you. Just because someone has a differing opinion, or responds to you, doesn't mean they dislike you, your area, or your team.

Goodness gracious man, you take everything so personal. I agree with you on the outcome, just the way you worded something and you think it's a shot or something.

Again, just so you are clear, I am NOT disagreeing that it was desperation, but this is a direct quote "the ball was in the air 30 yards before it was tipped, I'd consider that a hail Mary." The point being that the play could happen 20 times in the game and it WOULDN'T be a Hail Mary, so adding in the context is what WOULD make it a Hail Mary.

You think all the people on here are against you or Louisa. Maybe a lot of the posters are, but I am not one of them. But you get defensive at the 1st word of anyone who says a word differently than you. Just because someone has a differing opinion, or responds to you, doesn't mean they dislike you, your area, or your team.
I didn't take it personal, it's just the way you nitpick the things I say down to the most minute details. You nitpicked that sentence as a standalone sentence without the context, when most people know what the context was, due to this current discussion, and I obviously wasn't applying that sentence to just any old long pass play. I bet that play in EV's playbook is literally called Hail Mary. And don't tell me what I think, thank you buddy!

Last edited:

yes lion and that was my whole point that I didn't agree with them because it wasn't true. louisa controlled it but didn't take care of business when it counted. oh I said 2 big plays it was more like 2 and a half as that 14 yard run torwards the end of the game and louisa had holmes tied up and then he broke free for the first down. that was key. and props to the leake kid too he played hard all game.

Nothing grouchy about it. To the contrary... I find it amusing that supposedly grown men are still trying to justify a loss almost a year after the fact.

I could spend post after post going on hypothetically about how EV would have won by 20. 30, 40 on a dry field. Maybe that’s true maybe it’s not. But it still won’t change the outcome of the actual game. What it would do is slight the effort of Louisa on the night of the actual game. Pretty much what most of these posts has done to EV.
you just miss the point altogether guy I don't think it was a fluke or anything else simply put they got what they needed when they needed it after louisa controlled the game. I'm done now thanks for the banter

Hey does that Fluvanna coach wanna move to new district? Would love to see desicive pass routes and an improved variation of the wing T. Colonial Forge run the wing T and passes alot out of varying formations. Just bewildered!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT