ADVERTISEMENT

4B opinions after 3 weeks

Oh and no EV player was ejected- foxes pride if you want to keep your pride title -please get facts straight before just posting what you feel like or hear from some random source - maybe a lesson from Dinwiddie could get you headed in right direction -

"I think they had a player ejected" Referee threw a flag and yelled at a player to leave the field and then point at the bench, looked like he was telling them to remove him. Sorry if I misread that, that's why I put "I think"...
yes, QB #1. He suffered "whiplash" last week from being thrown down on his head/neck. He said he was still a little sore, but don't think that effected him. Glad it wasn't more serious, it looked bad last week. KG did incorporate some single wing offense, probably in an attempt to gain some sort of advantage. #1 wasn't the QB on those series.
Mutter is number 3. So did they change QB’s?

i can tel u this Ev can’t win against Louisa if they don’t have all there starters this year, if u can’t run the ball on Louisa it’s a small a chance u will win , Louisa defense is that good, u probably have 3 seconds to pass and Louisa corners play man defense , and if u think your running back is gonna out run sims,and aponte the 2 line backers your wrong so all that screen passes won’t work against Louisa, I’ve watched Ev and there defense isn’t better then Louisa at all , I think it’s gonna be Louisa vs like monacan match up
Well IF Eastern View makes it to a game v. Louisa, you just saved the school a bunch of money. No need to even bother making the trip! Thanks for the heads up!

Well IF Eastern View makes it to a game v. Louisa, you just saved the school a bunch of money. No need to even bother making the trip! Thanks for the heads up!
We held them in check for much of the game, especially running the ball. If Louisa can shut down #15 and take away the deep threat I really feel EV will struggle. I am not sure who graduated from last year's team, but they are just different. Attitude and everything is just "off" from last year. I wish them no ill will, hope their injured players return, and can give Louisa a run for their money and represent the Battlefield.

Reactions: LionNation540
We held them in check for much of the game, especially running the ball. If Louisa can shut down #15 and take away the deep threat I really feel EV will struggle. I am not sure who graduated from last year's team, but they are just different. Attitude and everything is just "off" from last year. I wish them no ill will, hope their injured players return, and can give Louisa a run for their money and represent the Battlefield.
If you manage to hold 15 in check you better hope 2 doesn’t go off. Not sure how it’s another week of KG (now 0-3 in the battlefield) with a loss they “should’ve won and dominated the entire game.”

Reactions: OCBoy
If you manage to hold 15 in check you better hope 2 doesn’t go off. Not sure how it’s another week of KG (now 0-3 in the battlefield) with a loss they “should’ve won and dominated the entire game.”
Who said that...read all of my comments. They clearly earned the win but aren't what they have been the last few years. We should have beaten JM and possibly Chancellor, lost both by 1, I stand by that. KG is 3-4 and lost 3 games by a total of 12 points. Just being a fan, sorry if that somehow dictates how you live your life, glad to know I can have that kind of impact.

Who said that...read all of my comments. They clearly earned the win but aren't what they have been the last few years. We should have beaten JM and possibly Chancellor, lost both by 1, I stand by that. KG is 3-4 and lost 3 games by a total of 12 points. Just being a fan, sorry if that somehow dictates how you live your life, glad to know I can have that kind of impact.
It doesn’t. But they have 3 bad wins and with every loss you hop on and tell us how dominant a team that’s 4-13 in its last 17 game is. If it ain’t the refs it’s something else.

It doesn’t. But they have 3 bad wins and with every loss you hop on and tell us how dominant a team that’s 4-13 in its last 17 game is. If it ain’t the refs it’s something else.
Maybe you or Mike can enlighten me on the purpose of the board. There are countless people on here supporting Salem, Dinwiddie, Louisa, EV, etc and as best I can tell I am the only one supporting KG. Am I biased, HELL YES! I coached these kids and continue to teach many of them and LOVE these kids. I attend their games and try to give insight to add to the board. Not sure what this board is about if not for that and debating about issues. I haven't spoken ill toward anyone and wouldn't disparage players like some have. I am just being an advocate for the boys. I don't take the results personally, I played football and don't feel the need to live vicariously through them. I feel bad for them when the result doesn't match the effort and I get on here and try to explain it from my BIASED perspective. Thanks for listening. Good night and Semper Fi... heading in to chaperone the homecoming dance

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
On a another note, I’m telling you now people better keep a eye on Broad run, and I can bet there be in the state championship game this year, there running a west coast offense not sure how many high school teams run it as well as they do, they have a senior qb has a cannon , a legit rb he’s like 6’1 230, fast and can catch damn good as a receiver, defense is solid , now on there schedule they beat toscarora 28-26 they have to play stonebridge and briar Woods if they beat them it’s a. Sure thing there really legit

Reactions: FoxesPride
Maybe you or Mike can enlighten me on the purpose of the board. There are countless people on here supporting Salem, Dinwiddie, Louisa, EV, etc and as best I can tell I am the only one supporting KG. Am I biased, HELL YES! I coached these kids and continue to teach many of them and LOVE these kids. I attend their games and try to give insight to add to the board. Not sure what this board is about if not for that and debating about issues. I haven't spoken ill toward anyone and wouldn't disparage players like some have. I am just being an advocate for the boys. I don't take the results personally, I played football and don't feel the need to live vicariously through them. I feel bad for them when the result doesn't match the effort and I get on here and try to explain it from my BIASED perspective. Thanks for listening. Good night and Semper Fi... heading in to chaperone the homecoming dance
Coaching involves a bit more than staunch support. The best coach I ever had always said to accept the outcome. No excuses. Tip your hat to the opponent while using the loss to get better. Never once heard him justify a loss, only things he discussed was what we could do better next time.

Not sure but I don’t think we are QUITE to the place of giving trophies for narrow losses. But if not facing facts works in your world, have at it.

Coaching involves a bit more than staunch support. The best coach I ever had always said to accept the outcome. No excuses. Tip your hat to the opponent while using the loss to get better. Never once heard him justify a loss, only things he discussed was what we could do better next time.

Not sure but I don’t think we are QUITE to the place of giving trophies for narrow losses. But if not facing facts works in your world, have at it.
I get what you're saying but I am not coaching any more, just providing insight as a fan. Otherwise I might as well just say "EV 41 KG 14". Someone may care that it was 7-7 at the half or may want to see the stat line that shows that it was a closer game than the score indicates. That was my way of providing some insight about EV for anyone who cared. As a coach, no excuses, injury or not we should have been far enough ahead of JM that it wouldn't have mattered. If they were more disciplined they may have beaten Chancellor. KG is 3-4, bottom line. Could they be 5-2, sure, but they are not. If you knew me you would have never made the trophy comment.

If Louisa plays EV, I sure hope you go to the game.
Apparently, there would be no need for me, the team or anyone else to go.

Seriously, I think EV will have to make some significant improvements to get that far. This is one tough region.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying but I am not coaching any more, just providing insight as a fan. Otherwise I might as well just say "EV 41 KG 14". Someone may care that it was 7-7 at the half or may want to see the stat line that shows that it was a closer game than the score indicates. That was my way of providing some insight about EV for anyone who cared. As a coach, no excuses, injury or not we should have been far enough ahead of JM that it wouldn't have mattered. If they were more disciplined they may have beaten Chancellor. KG is 3-4, bottom line. Could they be 5-2, sure, but they are not. If you knew me you would have never made the trophy comment.
I think I know enough from the posts. Bless your heart.

Your keyboard tough guy snarkiness is impressive. This is like Oprah's book club with some of you people. "Bless your heart" are you kidding me?
Why thank you! I’m sure you are doing your best!

Time for Sunday dinner with the in-laws. Same bat time, same bat station next week? Bless your heart...seriously!

Mutter is number 3. So did they change QB’s?

Mutter is #3 and he was playing but this week he was #1 because they cut his jersey off last week. I would agree with Foxespride that it did look like #44 was ejected by the refs for his 2nd targeting penalty in the second half. My thoughts on the ref situation is they are calling every little tick tack thing that goes on. The curl and go that got picked was a flag they threw when the Corner only reached out to touch the WR. They hudled in the middle of the field for 10 minutes trying to decide it.

It did suck to see Graves and Robinson go off the field. Graves is really good and Robinson is a decent Tail back who transferred from Culpeper and is only a junior

The Bottom line is KG is 3-4 and only .40 out of 8th place. They need to take care of business the next 3 weeks and they'll be playing in playoffs. Courtland is having a tough year along with Caroline. Spotsy is going to be a dog fight with possible playoff implications. This season for the Foxes is far from over.

Yeah it’s gonna be trouble for any team that’s below 2,3,4, because we all know monacan and dinwiddie is a problem and facing monacan or dinwiddie the first rd is really bad for somebody , I think it’s gonna be 1.Louisa 2. Monacan 3.Ev 4.spotylvanna 5.patrick Henry 6.dinwiddie 7.huguenot 8.chancellor,, so which mean ev more then likely will play dinwiddie the 1st rd, I’m calling it now monacan vs Louisa in championship game now

Yeah it’s gonna be trouble for any team that’s below 2,3,4, because we all know monacan and dinwiddie is a problem and facing monacan or dinwiddie the first rd is really bad for somebody , I think it’s gonna be 1.Louisa 2. Monacan 3.Ev 4.spotylvanna 5.patrick Henry 6.dinwiddie 7.huguenot 8.chancellor,, so which mean ev more then likely will play dinwiddie the 1st rd, I’m calling it now monacan vs Louisa in championship game now
Do you predict EV to lose? If they go undefeated they will be very close to beating Louisa. If Massaponex slips it could spell doom for a Louisa #1 seed.

Reactions: OCBoy
Do you predict EV to lose? If they go undefeated they will be very close to beating Louisa. If Massaponex slips it could spell doom for a Louisa #1 seed.
Oh wow didn’t know ponax could determine Louisa seed , but I think monacan is a scary team to play right now who gets number 1 seed will have a big advantage of going to 2nd round

What’s with the Monacan bandwagon? Because they whooped Powhatan?? Monacan almost lost to Midlothian for goodness sakes. That’s not a 2 seed in my mind. They were obviously better the previous 2 years.

Powhatan was giving up 12.7 points per game. I heard Monacan opened up their offense and the transfer QB from Liberty (Bedford) was on fire. They had 35 points at halftime.

Last edited:
What’s with the Monacan bandwagon? Because they whooped Powhatan?? Monacan almost lost to Midlothian for goodness sakes. That’s not a 2 seed in my mind. They were obviously better the previous 2 years.
U have to realize those rva team play better competition then the Fredericksburg area teams every Friday it’s a dog fight monacan isn’t 6-1by accident they lost to Manchester

U have to realize those rva team play better competition then the Fredericksburg area teams every Friday it’s a dog fight monacan isn’t 7-0 be accident
George Wythe-Richmond has had like 2 winning records in their school history. I don’t care if they play Highland Springs every week...their bad, along with a few others in th RVA area.

Oh wow didn’t know ponax could determine Louisa seed , but I think monacan is a scary team to play right now who gets number 1 seed will have a big advantage of going to 2nd round
It’s possible because the Battlefield teams are better this year over last year compared to the Jefferson. Like someone mentioned in an earlier post it could come down to the Culpeper/Kettle Run game who determines the 1 seed. If some reason Massaponax loses and some other things don’t go Louisa’s way it could get interesting. I think it’s unlikely EV takes the one seed but anything is possible in 4B.

It’s possible because the Battlefield teams are better this year over last year compared to the Jefferson. Like someone mentioned in an earlier post it could come down to the Culpeper/Kettle Run game who determines the 1 seed. If some reason Massaponax loses and some other things don’t go Louisa’s way it could get interesting. I think it’s unlikely EV takes the one seed but anything is possible in 4B.
The picture is becoming a little clearer. If (IF!) LC and EV win out and other expected teams win then LC will take it by 14 or 1.4 after dividing by 10. I dont see Monacan getting the 1. To get the 2 they would need to average more than 36 power points per week for the next 3 weeks.
All that being said it was around this time last year that it looked like we were headed for a 2nd straight year of 4 undefeated teams and Monacan and Dinwiddie each took a loss. Anything can happen folks.

Last edited:
The picture is becoming a little clearer. If (IF!) the LC and EV win out and other expected teams win then LC will take it by 14 or 1.4 after dividing by 10. I dont see Monacan getting the 1. To get the 2 they would need to average more than 36 power points per week for the next 3 weeks.
All that being said it was around this time last year that it looked like we were headed for a 2nd straight year of 4 undefeated teams and Monacan and Dinwiddie each took a loss. Anything can happen folks.
We did our part to keep this from happening this year!:confused::eek:o_O:(

I will tell you this... it may be too early to jump on the bandwagon.. I say let me see you (Monacan) do it again. I can tell you the athletes Monacan has on the perimeter can keep them in ball games. We are a big play offense and seem to struggle a bit with long drives bc of penalties or mistakes. Last week we finally executed and are getting healthy again. Our best player still has yet to play a down this season. Monacan is a team that has underperformed a bit so has floated below the radar but keep an eye on the Chiefs. This is a rebuilding year for us we only have 3 seniors that see the field. Half of our squad is just learning how to play varsity ball with several freshman and sophomores that see significant time on the roster. We would love to get a crack at EV should the stars align this season. Our last 3 games against 3 division 5 and division 6 playoffs teams should help further evaluate us. I can tell you based on last week, when we play as a cohesive unit our celling is fairly high.

Dinwiddie played Hopewell tough... without Tre Henderson... Hopewell would have lost that game. That General team is improving and is very young. If they can get the passing game going a bit they could be a BIG hurdle for someone. Let's not forget Dinwiddie may have played the toughest schedule of any class 4 team.

People seems to think getting to the regional finals is going to be an automatic layup. I'm not so sure about that.

These teams you speak of in the Dominion such as Midlothian, Huguenot, Powhatan and the capital district 4B Patrick Henry Patriots would all finish second in the battlefield by my estimation. Even one win Midlothian. Don't forget they played several games without their senior QB who is now back and were in some really close ball games. I can tell you that Midlothian is not a bad football team.

I do think Louisa is the front runner in both 4A & 4B. Louisa is very well balanced and makes very few mistakes plus has about 4 dynamic athletes. As far as 4C obviously Broad Run and Tusky are debatably the statewide class 4 favorites. Region D is a bit murkier of a picture for me. I think I will still take Salem to emerge the frontrunner in D for now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT