ADVERTISEMENT

4B opinions after 3 weeks

I will tell you this. Caroline is tougher than you might think. Courtland will/should win this game this week, but I don't think it will be a push-over. Unfortunately Caroline will be without their starting QB who got ejected on Friday night against EV. When that team takes the field, the "eye-test" tells you they look smaller than a JV team, but they play very tough. The new coach there just may be able to turn that thing around.
Wow...shocker if that halftime score holds up for Caroline

Battlefield: EV..and then everyone else way behind fighting for 2nd. SOOOO much parity...after EV.

Congrats to Spotsy! Louisa fans were talking about them in the stands. Maybe it's time to get them back on the schedule....

Reactions: Bcope83
Who else besides Spotsylvania is fighting for second?
Spotsy still has to play JM and Caroline who have only lost to EV in the Battlefield and they still have KG who lost to Chancellor 29-28. Spotsy may win out, but I think that they can all beat Spotsy. My point was not to disrespect Spotsy but to point out how close all the other teams are. Think about it, right now Courtland may be the worst team in the Battlefield and they lost to Spotsy by 3 and Caroline by 1. Outside of EV, Spotsy's win over Chancellor tonight is probably the most impressive. Not sure how that game played out, but it was close late.

Spotsy still has to play JM and Caroline who have only lost to EV in the Battlefield and they still have KG who lost to Chancellor 29-28. Spotsy may win out, but I think that they can all beat Spotsy. My point was not to disrespect Spotsy but to point out how close all the other teams are. Think about it, right now Courtland may be the worst team in the Battlefield and they lost to Spotsy by 3 and Caroline by 1. Outside of EV, Spotsy's win over Chancellor tonight is probably the most impressive. Not sure how that game played out, but it was close late.
I was there and sone may disagree but I thought right before half Spotsy took control and never really looked back.

If we are dissecting wins how is KG’s 3-2 record with wins over a bad Orange team, a 1 point win over a D1 team and a bad Stafford team more impressive than Spotsy sitting at 5-1 with their only loss to Bville on the road without their best player?

Reactions: 7time
I was there and sone may disagree but I thought right before half Spotsy took control and never really looked back.

If we are dissecting wins how is KG’s 3-2 record with wins over a bad Orange team, a 1 point win over a D1 team and a bad Stafford team more impressive than Spotsy sitting at 5-1 with their only loss to Bville on the road without their best player?
Never said they were... again I am just arguing that there's a lot of parity. I don't think Spotsy, Chancellor, KG, Caroline, and JM should be favored by more than a TD playing against each other. Spotsy is slightly ahead of the others, slightly. It's all about matchups so we will see. Brentsville is a bad team that probably loses to Orange and W&L. If KG played Monticello, Fluvanna, Culpeper, Courtland, Brentsville, and Chancellor they might be 5-1 as well. KG has lost to Liberty and Chancellor which are certainly better than Brentsville.

Never said they were... again I am just arguing that there's a lot of parity. I don't think Spotsy, Chancellor, KG, Caroline, and JM should be favored by more than a TD playing against each other. Spotsy is slightly ahead of the others, slightly. It's all about matchups so we will see. Brentsville is a bad team that probably loses to Orange and W&L. If KG played Monticello, Fluvanna, Culpeper, Courtland, Brentsville, and Chancellor they might be 5-1 as well. KG has lost to Liberty and Chancellor which are certainly better than Brentsville.
You’re leaving out the part where Colbert didn’t play in that Bville game. KG has squeaked past bad teams for their wins.

You’re leaving out the part where Colbert didn’t play in that Bville game. KG has squeaked past bad teams for their wins.
You already mentioned it. KG had injuries as well for those two losses, but didn't want to make excuses, they should have won, and so should have Spotsy. Spotsy "squeaked" past Courtland...

You already mentioned it. KG had injuries as well for those two losses, but didn't want to make excuses, they should have won, and so should have Spotsy. Spotsy "squeaked" past Courtland...
You make excuses every week so I thought you’d enjoy it. This excuse is saying the RB with a handful of offers who might be the best RB in the Fredericksburg area mattered in a loss.
EV is the top dog. Spotsy is second. Chancellor is third. I could see KG finishing with 1 one more win with what’s left on their schedule.

Last edited:
You make excuses every week so I thought you’d enjoy it. This excuse is saying the RB with a handful of offers who might be the best RB in the Fredericksburg area mattered in a loss.
EV is the top dog. Spotsy is second. Courtland is third. I could see KG finishing with 1 one more win with what’s left on their schedule.
Caroline just beat Courtland... I'm good with EV and Spotsy, but Courtland? I would argue that Chancellor deserves to be ranked 3rd. Right now I would have a hard time ranking Courtland ahead of anyone in the Battlefield. They may turn their season around but they just gave Caroline their first win of the year. Again I think you missed my point and got bothered by my supposed slight of Spotsy. They are 2nd to EV right now and will fight it out with the rest of the Battlefield to maintain that position.

It looks more and more like a rematch as each week goes by. Louisa won't be tested the rest of the way in the regular season. Is Louisa's O-line the same as last year or did they replace some? If so how many?
Is Orange getting better...or Louisa didn’t play well...or EV just really good...or some combo?

Just a bit surprised by score last night.

EV is the top dog. Spotsy is second. Courtland is third. I could see KG finishing with 1 one more win with what’s left on their schedule.
Courtland? They’re on pace to have their worst season in 20 years.

Is Orange getting better...or Louisa didn’t play well...or EV just really good...or some combo?

They did but score is deceiving after first drive most of orange movement was backwards. And 1 86 yard run late. Louisahurt themesves with stupid penalties.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon

Orange has a way of throwing a score on to make things look closer than they were. Their RB is really talented so even against the best he can break one.

Reactions: LionNation540
I get it...I don’t believe in the transitive theory. The TV report made it sound kind of competitive...raised my curiosity is all.

They did but score is deceiving after first drive most of orange movement was backwards. And 1 86 yard run late. Louisahurt themesves with stupid penalties.
I'll say Orange dirtied up the game and Louisa took some of the bait. Too many penalties on both sides and too many stoppages. Orange did play like they finally have a pulse though.

Last edited:
1. Louisa
2. EV
3. Monacan
4. Spotsylvania
5. Dinwiddie
6. Chancellor
7. King George
8. Patrick Henry
9. Huguenot
10. Powhatan

I'll say Orange dirtied up the game and Louisa took some of the bait. Too many penalties on both sides and too many stoppages. Orange did play like they finally have a pulse though.
Same thing when they played EV. Multiple 15-yarders...sometimes on 1 play.

1. Louisa
2. EV
3. Monacan
4. Spotsylvania
5. Dinwiddie
6. Chancellor
7. King George
8. Patrick Henry
9. Huguenot
10. Powhatan

I’d have Dinwiddie at 4 after handling Petersburg. Then Spotsy in either 3 or 5 with Monacan the other. Then I think I would have Patrick Henry and Powhatan , KG Chancellor but those 4 can be in any order in my opinion

Last edited:
I have 0-fear of PH-A. Ex Culpeper coach running the show.
They have a very talented QB helping carry them. They are the type of team that you think is easy to stop, but then one kid beats you. They seem to be improved defensively this year, which can be enough to spring an upset.

Reactions: Senex
Orange has a way of throwing a score on to make things look closer than they were. Their RB is really talented so even against the best he can break one.
yeah they have a few good ones like the 6, 25 and the undersized 3 but he was sticky on pass defense.

They have a very talented QB helping carry them. They are the type of team that you think is easy to stop, but then one kid beats you. They seem to be improved defensively this year, which can be enough to spring an upset.
Doesn’t appear as if they’ve beaten anyone with s winning record

Reactions: LionNation540
Chancellor hangs 64 on Caroline.

Courtland must have more than couple of injuries, because the team I saw wasn't THAT bad.

https://www.dailyprogress.com/sport...cle_0581144d-063b-5c0f-9719-c9db8be0eb72.html

Landon Wilson averaged nearly 100 passing yards a game in his first five games as Louisa County’s starting quarterback.

The freshman more than doubled that total Friday night as he threw two touchdown passes and ran for another to lead the Lions to a 55-14 road victory over Monticello.

Wilson completed 7 of 14 passes for 217 yards and two scores in the first half in his signature game under center for the Lions.

“It felt really good,” Wilson said. “We switched it up a little bit and I got a little more comfortable in the pocket tonight.”

Last edited:
They returned almost their whole lines on both sides from last year, hard to believe they've gone that much backwards and can't compete with anyone up front.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT