ADVERTISEMENT

4B opinions after 3 weeks

A lot of teams in the Battlefield have improved drastically too
I think this is the biggest factor. Spotsylvania, Chancellor, JM and KG are all much better teams than they were last year. Courtland and EV’s JV teams have dominated so the talent is there I think with all the injuries they might just be young.

All,
Look I will be honestly transparent about this. Against EV we played 2 freshman LB in second half after another injury. Moved up JV QB to add some support in case starter goes down. We lost Thor Hanlon to ACL season ending injury in first quarter against Caroline last week and both offense and defensive lines have backups playing more than starters. So, JC has his hands full with a lot of items that he has had the luxury over the years of not having to deal with. This current team at week 7 is not the same team in week one. There was enough talent back to be 7-3 Or 8-2 at best, 3 online back and 3 defensive line returned as well as Auddie and Thor! The last second loss to Liberty put doughty in the team's potential that spilled over to Stafford loss that should not have happened. 3 point loss to spotsy after botched short field goal for the win and same thing at Caroline with a blocked field goal and a botched snap and miss on last second game winning FG try. There is no woe is me excuses at Ct, especially with JC in charge, still playing hard, just playing really really young right now. JV is 6-0 ,and really talented, beat EV 20-6 last week in hard fought game. Most of JV starters are freshman with a couple songs sprinkled in. Gotta be honest, haven't seen Ct experience this kind of hardship since early to mid 90"s. You might say we're in total rebuild mode now and we look forward to the talent moving up Dont be down on Courtland, they will be back with vigor and renewed success next year and years to come.

All,
Look I will be honestly transparent about this. Against EV we played 2 freshman LB in second half after another injury. Moved up JV QB to add some support in case starter goes down. We lost Thor Hanlon to ACL season ending injury in first quarter against Caroline last week and both offense and defensive lines have backups playing more than starters. So, JC has his hands full with a lot of items that he has had the luxury over the years of not having to deal with. This current team at week 7 is not the same team in week one. There was enough talent back to be 7-3 Or 8-2 at best, 3 online back and 3 defensive line returned as well as Auddie and Thor! The last second loss to Liberty put doughty in the team's potential that spilled over to Stafford loss that should not have happened. 3 point loss to spotsy after botched short field goal for the win and same thing at Caroline with a blocked field goal and a botched snap and miss on last second game winning FG try. There is no woe is me excuses at Ct, especially with JC in charge, still playing hard, just playing really really young right now. JV is 6-0 ,and really talented, beat EV 20-6 last week in hard fought game. Most of JV starters are freshman with a couple songs sprinkled in. Gotta be honest, haven't seen Ct experience this kind of hardship since early to mid 90"s. You might say we're in total rebuild mode now and we look forward to the talent moving up Dont be down on Courtland, they will be back with vigor and renewed success next year and years to come.
It was easy to tell from the start that Ct was overmatched. I was just surprised they never really tried to throw it at all. I know that’s not Hall’s game, but game plans should be s little more dynamic.

Absolutely,
It's okay to know your overmatched and more than likely going to lose. Take what team you have and go have fun, dial it up a notch, try new things. They have a great receiver and very good mobile Jr. QB who can chuck it. Screens, tight end plays and so on. All season on offense the middle of field is wide open, could drive freight train down the middle. I just dont know why he (JC) does not try new stuff? To stubborn and old school I guess.

All,
They kicked one FG against Spotsy and made it in the first half. I was at the game. No doubt that losing Thor has hurt them since.

Courtland JV moves to 8-0 with big rivalry win over Chancellor tonight. Building on last weeks 26-6 win over EV, Courtlands youngsters continue to roll despite a flag fest tonight from the refs!

Courtland has had good JV teams in the past few years but it’s not translating to varsity

Not true, minus last season's 10-2 team and this years so far undefeated group which will bolster the team next year, our JV program has kept varsity in great shape. The Varsity over the past couple years has been hit hard by graduation losses more so than other schools. It's a cycle that just happens year in year out. The year after we lost to Lake Taylor started the current speed bump. The JV teams during those couple in between years had a few speed bumps themselves which has come full circle to this years team. Chancellor went through something after they had 4-5 year great run with some awesome talented players, then bang graduation kosses mediocre JV program, coaching changes and before you know it you have 0-10 and 1-9 seasons. However, they have righted the ship mostly with new coach and infusion of better players. All during the early 2000's up to 2010 or so, Ct JV program was dominate, which fed the varsity and kept them in the playoff discussion each year, heck if not for that crazy good Briarwoods team we lost to years back, we probably would have won the title that year.

impressive keep it up
Wheels kinda fell off in the 4th quarter. EV was up 21-14 with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd when KG intercepted the ball. KG was called for pass interference about 10 yards down field (ball was badly under thrown.) EV scored on a long pass on the next play. Later a fumble return for a TD was called back because of an inadvertent whistle. EV earned the win, but it should have been more like 34 -21, not 41-14. They are not what they have been the last few years. Louisa probably beats them by 3 scores. I don't think they get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how Chancellor does against them. EV lost 2 starters to bad leg injuries. I think they had a player ejected as well. They are definitely coming back down to earth.

Reactions: mbonape1
Wheels kinda fell off in the 4th quarter. EV was up 21-14 with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd when KG intercepted the ball. KG was called for pass interference about 10 yards down field (ball was badly under thrown.) EV scored on a long pass on the next play. Later a fumble return for a TD was called back because of an inadvertent whistle. EV earned the win, but it should have been more like 34 -21, not 41-14. They are not what they have been the last few years. Louisa probably beats them by 3 scores. I don't think they get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how Chancellor does against them. EV lost 2 starters to bad leg injuries. I think they had a player ejected as well. They are definitely coming back down to earth.
2 that got hurt are good players. Not good if they are out. First half was just ugly. Sorry, but refs stink.

i can tel u this Ev can’t win against Louisa if they don’t have all there starters this year, if u can’t run the ball on Louisa it’s a small a chance u will win , Louisa defense is that good, u probably have 3 seconds to pass and Louisa corners play man defense , and if u think your running back is gonna out run sims,and aponte the 2 line backers your wrong so all that screen passes won’t work against Louisa, I’ve watched Ev and there defense isn’t better then Louisa at all , I think it’s gonna be Louisa vs like monacan match up

i can tel u this Ev can’t win against Louisa if they don’t have all there starters this year, if u can’t run the ball on Louisa it’s a small a chance u will win , Louisa defense is that good, u probably have 3 seconds to pass and Louisa corners play man defense , and if u think your running back is gonna out run sims,and aponte the 2 line backers your wrong so all that screen passes won’t work against Louisa, I’ve watched Ev and there defense isn’t better then Louisa at all , I think it’s gonna be Louisa vs like monacan match up

1. what game were you watching? EV @ KG
2. How many touchdowns did EV have called back? (stands stopped counting at 5) Why too cold to take their shoes off? There were multiple TDs called back on one goal line series, but they scored...so isn't that a wash? You don't get to add all those up, you got the TD. There was one other one called back for a penalty. I was standing in the opposite end zone so I don't know what the call was.
3. JMO but only player on field for Kg is the QB. Classy, way to take a shot at the kids. JMO EV is a very talented team full of good players.
4. Can you post what penalty and lost offense yards were for EV vs KG please if your going to make some claim that refs hurt KG in any way? The officiating was atrocious for both teams the entire game. The interception that was “under thrown” was right on target for another TD had 17 not tackled Blake Leake because he couldn’t come close to
Covering him— The player who intercepted the ball was no where near the receiver. The QB threw a wounded duck that our guy, standing by himself intercepted. I was standing about 10 yards from the official (line judge at the time) who threw the flag. Wasn't his call and the other two officials who were right on top of the play didn't call it. If there was interference, there is no way that kid gets back to the ball anyway. Blake Leake is a beast! -some unofficial stand numbers were in the hundreds of yards - everyone agreed that this was probably the worst officiated game of the year but it was so lopsided if the refs were left out it would have been 75-7 EV?
5. Louisa beat EV by 2-3 scores is laughable - We'll see, this isn't the same EV team from the last couple of years and if Louisa is better this year...
6.your AD was keeping track of every penalty that he felt crew should have called - props EV AD never stepped in at all even when EV had a fifth TD called back -
Really just tell the truth -the only player KG had tonight was the QB and the officiating crew - this was a 70-7 route without those - Again stop disparaging the players. They smacked EV around all night, if this was a fight EV might have been TKO'd. Hard hitting.
Good luck the rest of the way hope you make the playoffs Thanks, I think we can win out and sneak in at an 8 seed, we'll see.

Oh and no EV player was ejected- foxes pride if you want to keep your pride title -please get facts straight before just posting what you feel like or hear from some random source - maybe a lesson from Dinwiddie could get you headed in right direction -

"I think they had a player ejected" Referee threw a flag and yelled at a player to leave the field and then point at the bench, looked like he was telling them to remove him. Sorry if I misread that, that's why I put "I think"...

2 things from me. This game was so poorly officiated that it made it almost impossible to assess. Not sure who these refs were but they really should’nt be allowed to call any games in the future. Also, parts of the EV o/line better wake up or they will pay the price.

First Downs: EV 13 KG 11
Rushes/Yards: EV 32/93 KG 31/115
Passing yards: EV 204 KG 154
Comp-Att-Int: EV 7-15-0 KG 13-23-3
Penalties/Yards EV 16-141 KG 13-133

First Downs: EV 13 KG 11
Rushes/Yards: EV 32/93 KG 31/115
Passing yards: EV 204 KG 154
Comp-Att-Int: EV 7-15-0 KG 13-23-3
Penalties/Yards EV 16-141 KG 13-133
That last line is ridiculous. Almost 30 penalties and 300 yds. This game should be a do-over.

Reactions: FoxesPride
That last line is ridiculous. Almost 30 penalties and 300 yds. This game should be a do-over.
Yeah, I've coached with this crew out there before, awful. To be fair though, it was the white hat and one of the line judges making all those awful calls. The rest pretty much let the boys play. The officiated bled over into anger on both sides which led to some unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct. Got a little chippy out there.

Yeah, I've coached with this crew out there before, awful. To be fair though, it was the white hat and one of the line judges making all those awful calls. The rest pretty much let the boys play. The officiated bled over into anger on both sides which led to some unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct. Got a little chippy out there.
Not sure what’s going on. I’ve seen the worst officiating this year...worse than ever. Hope it improves come playoff time.

Reactions: FoxesPride
Not sure what’s going on. I’ve seen the worst officiating this year...worse than ever. Hope it improves come playoff time.
agreed, they seem to be wanting to call EVERYTHING they see instead of calling what impacts the play. It used to be that if they saw a hold or block in the back or something that didn't impact the play they wouldn't call it, but talk to the player and educate them and warn them. They would do the same thing with coaches. "Hey, just talked to 54 about getting his hands outside on the shoulders. Thanks, I'll talk to him." Instead they have NO interaction with the coaches and are very adversarial. Not sure why this changed, perhaps the coaches (guilty) were too abusive and they stopped trying to work with them.

2 things from me. This game was so poorly officiated that it made it almost impossible to assess. Not sure who these refs were but they really should’nt be allowed to call any games in the future. Also, parts of the EV o/line better wake up or they will pay the price.
Blake Leake was the difference in the game. 3 catches for 128 yds, 2 TDs and also returned an interception for a TD late.

I couldn’t tell....did the KG kid who got injured last week play in this game?
yes, QB #1. He suffered "whiplash" last week from being thrown down on his head/neck. He said he was still a little sore, but don't think that effected him. Glad it wasn't more serious, it looked bad last week. KG did incorporate some single wing offense, probably in an attempt to gain some sort of advantage. #1 wasn't the QB on those series.

I agree with all of this. Our defense gets pressure like the good Lake Taylor teams, except it's out of a 3-4. But what's most impressive to me are the freshman, sophomores, and juniors who are stepping up on defense! Freshman Qwenton Spellman, sophs Jordan Smith, JaQuan Jones and Stephen Dean, juniors Logan McGhee and Robbie Morgan. They are getting great experience with these seniors, most of whom got a lot of experience in the 2017 title game as sophs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT