ADVERTISEMENT

4B opinions after 3 weeks

Mea Culpa.
I mis-calculated and shorted EV 10 points. Combined with JM looking stronger I don't believe a Chancellor victory is a given against them. I revert back to my earlier statement that KR/Culpeper could very well determine the #1 seed in the region. This is assuming neither 'Ponax nor Orange come up lame against their final opponents. KR/Culpeper is a 4 point swing (2 for one team, take 2 from the other) and JM/Chancellor is a 2 points swing (EV gets the points either way).
TL/DR- I was wrong earlier and right way before. It's going to be very close.

Last edited:
Mea Culpa.
I mis-calculated and shorted EV 10 points. Combined with JM looking stronger I don't believe a Chancellor victory is a given against them. I revert back to my earlier statement that KR/Culpeper could very well determine the #1 seed in the region. This is assuming neither 'Ponax nor Orange come up lame against their final opponents. KR/Culpeper is a 4 point swing (2 for one team, take 2 from the other) and JM/Chancellor is a 2 points swing (EV gets the points either way).
TL/DR- I was wrong earlier and right way before. It's going to be very close.
I wouldn’t call a loss to Colonial Forge coming up lame. Massaponax could go 1-1/0-2 at the end. Both teams left on their schedule are really good.

Adrain 'Night Train' Williams finally put some highlights up. I can't see anyone, except himself, stopping him this year.

Freshman defensive end Qwenton Spellman:

And the other starting defensive end, Derrick Barbour. Nasty trio!

Last edited:
I heard some of KR's lineman were high level college prospects. Was he over top one of them or was he beating more "typical" high school lineman? Looked great either way, just trying to get a measure of his competition.
Also, loved the view of his TD run. Often wondered how that play can work so well. The LB's run themselves completely out of the play (due to the scheme and the effectiveness of the single wing and the backs carrying out their fakes). With the tackle and end crashing down that DE in a 3-4 has no shot.

Reactions: LionNation540
@VAHSFootballFan I'm not sure which player you're talking about. Williams was lined up over center all game, while Spellman lined up over both the right guard and tackle. Against other teams we've moved them around. Yes KR had some nice athletic linemen, they should be a better team than they are.

And yes that wedge play is a Louisa staple. I love it! We always break big runs with it, wish we ran it more than we do, especially with Williams.

Last edited:
Good God, who has the blue turf? I'm sorry, but that is just plain ugly.
Courtland's smurf turf, awful! Gonna get a real good luck at it tomorrow!!! If things keep going like they are for the Cougars, it might turn into the curse of the smurf turf...lol!

I might even agree with that statement, however we were due for a rebuild job. The blue field takes time to get used to, but it is neat, players like it. Cost 1,2 million!!!!!

Reactions: FoxesPride
I might even agree with that statement, however we were due for a rebuild job. The blue field takes time to get used to, but it is neat, players like it. Cost 1,2 million!!!!!
I don't think I could get used to that, but if the players like it, that's cool with me. It's a shocker of a color to the eyes, imho.

ODU-commit Noah Robinson has only played in 4 games so far this year.

What was his injuries This year, I remember last year went to the Albemarle game he was catching everything they threw at him very talented kid I hope he gets to 100 for playoffs, I would honestly sit him the next 2 games just to have him fresh , he already has committed so it’s no point in playing the last 2 district games to teams Louisa can beat without him right.

I forget what he injured, but he had surgery for it over the summer. He's at 100% now, and skipped the KR game after playing 3 straight. I say let him play and continue to get any rust off and get acquainted with the QBs. The Fluvanna game showed a little of what the short passing game can do. He's also only playing offense right now.

Last edited:
he should have gotten a better offer imo hes deceptive and doesn't mind initiating contact. I like him a lot.

@racindan4u I think he would have gotten better offers, but he committed too quickly, but that's just my opinion. His first offers were from Ivy schools, very smart young man. ODU is a program on the rise though, and runs a very nice offense that suits him.

In case anyone wants to watch or re-watch last year's Louisa/EV playoff game to brace themselves for a potential rematch this year, here it is. I finally got around to watching it, now that I have a clear head again about how it ended, ha! Great game! So many missed opportunities by both teams, but especially Louisa (like dropped good passes), that could've broken the game open. Both defenses played really well, and Louisa has most of that team back.

https://cmn.viebit.com/player.php?hash=OlKQj7znLnLm

Last edited:
I looked at the definition of the word control and except for 2 big plays louisa DID control that game and before you chop my head off again look the word up. thanks nation for putting that up I thought I was loosing my mind thinking I was wrong. oh pls don't think I even think louisa dominated the game they didn't but they did control it. you can come to that decision just by listening to the commentators. they knew it.

Reactions: LionNation540
Exactly, and the commentators are homers of Culpeper County! I'm glad they also had instant replay.

Last edited:
oh and something I missed when I was at the game that Brandon played so much on offense in that game.

Well dang! Glad the last few posts were made! I was under the impression that the object of the game was to score more points than the other team before time runs out!

Silly me. I now see that it is FAR more important to go back and analyze each and every play (obviously in the most objective manner) and determine who SHOULD have REALLY won the game.

I think I’ll stop going to games and wait for the video to come out. Then I’ll gather a couple of friends...er I mean object observers, and score the game like a boxing match. We can then proclaim a winner sometime in the next 12 months.

Makes sense to me now!

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Louisa should’ve been up 14-0 in the first half they threw interception on there 12 yard line ev scored, Louisa offense scored on ev , then Louisa literally threw the ball into the receivers hands at the 20 yard line he dropped it, Louisa dominated that game with the run and passing game, ev got lucky with that one touchdown run , and the last few seconds wIth a Hail Mary pass, other then that ev would’ve lost , this year Louisa team will win if they play again Louisa defense is the same minus Brandon smith and offense is better

Louisa should’ve been up 14-0 in the first half they threw interception on there 12 yard line ev scored, Louisa offense scored on ev , then Louisa literally threw the ball into the receivers hands at the 20 yard line he dropped it, Louisa dominated that game with the run and passing game, ev got lucky with that one touchdown run , and the last few seconds wIth a Hail Mary pass, other then that ev would’ve lost , this year Louisa team will win if they play again Louisa defense is the same minus Brandon smith and offense is better
If a frog had wings, he would not bump his hiney on the ground...

Remind me again who scored the most points in that game? Just asking for a friend:)

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Got it."Louisa would've/should've won if they wouldn't have made those bad plays, and if EV wouldn't have capitalized on them". Can't argue with that logic.

Wow. All I can say to that crock.

oh and something I missed when I was at the game that Brandon played so much on offense in that game.
Yeah, I guess the coaches felt he was more needed for blocking. I definitely would've played more spread or some 5 wide with him at QB at times, and see what would've happened.

Well dang! Glad the last few posts were made! I was under the impression that the object of the game was to score more points than the other team before time runs out!

Silly me. I now see that it is FAR more important to go back and analyze each and every play (obviously in the most object manner) and determine who SHOULD have REALLY won the game.

I think I’ll stop going to games and wait for the video to come out. Then I’ll gather a couple of friends...er I mean object observers, and score the game like a boxing match. We can then proclaim a winner sometime in the next 12 months.

Makes sense to me now!
It's all about playing hypothetical games that aren't going to happen and analyzing games that happened a year or more ago. Apparently talking about games that will actually happen in the near future isn't interesting enough.

Yeah, I guess the coaches felt he was more needed for blocking. I definitely would've played more spread or some 5 wide with him at QB at times, and see what would've happened.
The way that field was, I think if he would have just dropped back and then ran the ball every time it probably would've been enough. He was very difficult to bring down, especially on that field. Oh well.

If a frog had wings, he would not bump his hiney on the ground...

Remind me again who scored the most points in that game? Just asking for a friend:)
All I’m saying I was at the game but but looking in tape is different u see more and I saw more or this video Louisa had more rushing yards and passing and controlled the game ev had literally one great running play up then middle and scored other then that there offense wasn’t doing much that whole go watch the whole game sir

Reactions: racindan4u
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT