ADVERTISEMENT

4B opinions after 3 weeks

@Marshall-Dillon learn to read, I said "for either team this time". Everyone knows it hurt both teams. I want both teams at full strength and able to show their skills at 100%. And it didn't hurt either team "more". Louisa completed 4 passes for about 70 yards. EV had 6 completions for 20ish yards before the 70 yard final play. Maybe that's because of Louisa's defense, but I know it's very hard for posters on here to give them credit. Can't blame the field for all of Lowry's bad passes.

Last edited:
@Marshall-Dillon learn to read, I said "for either team this time". Everyone knows it hurt both teams. I want both teams at full strength and able to show their skills at 100%. And it didn't hurt either team "more". Louisa completed 4 passes for about 70 yards. EV had 20ish yards before the 70 yard final play. Maybe that's because of Louisa's defense.
@Marshall-Dillon @LionNation540 it was a relatively boring game until the final drive. Not many first downs, neither offense able to get on track. 2 deep turnovers and 2 long runs for 2 scores each. Both sides had multiple shifty runners that could not use their strengths (agility and speed). Additionally, defenses could not showcase what they could do either. Flying to the ball, not much of an option.

@Marshall-Dillon @LionNation540 it was a relatively boring game until the final drive. Not many first downs, neither offense able to get on track. 2 deep turnovers and 2 long runs for 2 scores each. Both sides had multiple shifty runners that could not use their strengths (agility and speed). Additionally, defenses could not showcase what they could do either. Flying to the ball, not much of an option.
EV/Louisa game was boring??? Huh? I thought it was one of the better games I’ve seen in the past couple of seasons. Up there with the 2017 Dinwiddie/Salem game and Louisa/Lafeyette game.

Louisa is a different kind of animal this year. They are more balanced than they were the past 2 years. There’s no replacing Brandon Smith but they’ve made due. Of course Smith was a 5 star recruit but Alex Washington has stepped up big time this year and isn’t a huge drop off. I can’t speak for EV because I haven’t seen them in action, but you better bring it if you want to beat Louisa this year. Noah Robinson is back 100% healthy and the freshman QB is progressing every game. They have all the tools (and even past the eye test) and I think they are from top to bottom the best team in 4A. I couldn’t tell you where Ponax ranks in 6A but I was at that game and it doesn’t get any more impressive than what Louisa did to them and I’ll argue that Louisa played a bad game. It’ll be a fun finish and I hope Louisa/EV gets their rematch on a dry field and both teams are at full health.

EV/Louisa game was boring??? Huh? I thought it was one of the better games I’ve seen in the past couple of seasons. Up there with the 2017 Dinwiddie/Salem game and Louisa/Lafeyette game.

Louisa is a different kind of animal this year. They are more balanced than they were the past 2 years. There’s no replacing Brandon Smith but they’ve made due. Of course Smith was a 5 star recruit but Alex Washington has stepped up big time this year and isn’t a huge drop off. I can’t speak for EV because I haven’t seen them in action, but you better bring it if you want to beat Louisa this year. Noah Robinson is back 100% healthy and the freshman QB is progressing every game. They have all the tools (and even past the eye test) and I think they are from top to bottom the best team in 4A. I couldn’t tell you where Ponax ranks in 6A but I was at that game and it doesn’t get any more impressive than what Louisa did to them and I’ll argue that Louisa played a bad game. It’ll be a fun finish and I hope Louisa/EV gets their rematch on a dry field and both teams are at full health.
It looks more and more like a rematch as each week goes by. Louisa won't be tested the rest of the way in the regular season. Is Louisa's O-line the same as last year or did they replace some? If so how many?

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
@86CulpGrad it's mostly seniors, a new face or two, overall better than last year's. JD first team lineman #51 David Munoz has been playing out of his mind.

Last edited:
lol he wasn't whining, as both he and I have said since last year the field was the same for both teams as others blamed the field for EV lack of offense last year that's all. in fact I didn't mention the field at all because I'm smart enough to know they BOTH played on that same field.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon

Dramatic, yes. Tense, yes. But if you weren't from either place, kind of a boring football game until the last play. Really just 6 big plays with many, many, many, plays of slipping and sliding in between. Just my opinion is all.

Dramatic, yes. Tense, yes. But if you weren't from either place, kind of a boring football game until the last play. Really just 6 big plays with many, many, many, plays of slipping and sliding in between. Just my opinion is all.
I thought it was a great game. If people were paying attention in the trenches, there was some heavy hitting going on regardless of field conditions. I still say (due to the field conditions), if Louisa leaves the big man in at QB they probably win that game. Just being so big and hard to bring down on that field, they probably could have walked it down the field using him on every play.

It looks more and more like a rematch as each week goes by. Louisa won't be tested the rest of the way in the regular season. Is Louisa's O-line the same as last year or did they replace some? If so how many?
They have some hosses on the line. Their dline was also impressive. Night Train is big, strong and fast and is a big difference maker. For a 4A school Louisa has 5 skill guys who will play D1 football which is a lot (Robbie Morgan, Jarrett Hunter, Alex Washington, Noah Robinson and Buck Hunter.. I think Aaron Aponte will too so 6). They are loaded. My only worry is them not getting challenged again until they play EV. Louisa’s starters won’t see the second half of any games in the JD. But then again, the same will probably be the case for EV. During this collision course, I pray for full health, the guys staying conditioned and they stay in rhythm!

@iDidntGetBanned if we happen to get matched up with Powhatan, that will be a huge test. They have a history of weird games, and they know each other more than I would like. Powhatan's JV crushed us twice last year, and many of those kids are on varsity now.

Any thoughts?
[QUOTE="one man, post: 357088, member: 500"OL - Louisa
QB - EV
RBs - Louisa
WRs - EV
DL - Louisa (almost went push here but #55 from Louisa is different)
LB - Push
DBs - EV
[/QUOTE]

Re-visiting this.

OL-Louisa
QB- EV (closer than I originally thought though)
RBs- Louisa
WRs - Push (with Robinson back)
DL - Louisa
LB - Push
DBs - EV (Very close, would be push or Louisa if Hunter and Robinson play defense)
ST- EV (they both have legit kickers, EV better punter, both cover well)

Much like last year, it'll be who makes the most plays. Both teams will be prepared and equally talented. I'm interested to see if my eyes are deceiving me in the trenches. I don't by any means think Louisa will own EV in the trenches, but I'd say they are slightly better on both sides. The skill guys for both teams play both ways while both teams operate separate OL and DL. It'll be another classic if these two teams meet. I hope for good health on both sides.

@Marshall-Dillon learn to read, I said "for either team this time". Everyone knows it hurt both teams. I want both teams at full strength and able to show their skills at 100%. And it didn't hurt either team "more". Louisa completed 4 passes for about 70 yards. EV had 6 completions for 20ish yards before the 70 yard final play. Maybe that's because of Louisa's defense, but I know it's very hard for posters on here to give them credit. Can't blame the field for all of Lowry's bad passes.
My reading comprehension is quite high...especially when someone is trying sooo hard to imply something without actually having to say it. But that is enough beating of this horse...EV won the game. Hopefully Louisa will get a return match this year. The Lions are probably better situated to do their part than is EV this year.

No, I wasn't trying to imply anything. What I said is what I meant, the bad field hurt both teams and I hope both teams get the opposite this year. Even on the bad field Louisa made all the plays to win, except the final play. That could've easily happened on a good field too. The 4th down screen play stop by Brandon Smith on EV's previous drive was the play of the game until the Hail Mary.

No, I wasn't trying to imply anything. What I said is what I meant, the bad field hurt both teams and I hope both teams get the opposite this year. Even on the bad field Louisa made all the plays to win, except the final play. That could've easily happened on a good field too. The 4th down screen play stop by Brandon Smith on EV's previous drive was the play of the game until the Hail Mary.
Oh, I get what you are saying...EV made one more play than did Louisa to win the game; that could have easily happened on a good field; and Leake made the play of the game. Thanks for clarifying!

I agree with you.

I would like to see another EV/Louisa matchup. Not to validate last year but because it will match up 2 quality teams with a lot on the line.

But there is a lot of water to pass under the bridge before that could happen.

Last edited:
I'll disagree. The play of the game (until the final play) was the missed extra point. That game had all the makings of an OT game. It was dead-even.

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
Oh, I get what you are saying...EV made one more play than did Louisa to win the game; that could have easily happened on a good field; and Leake made the play of the game. Thanks for clarifying!

I agree with you.

I would like to see another EV/Louisa matchup. Not to validate last year but because it will match up 2 quality teams with a lot on the line.

But there is a lot of water to pass under the bridge before that could happen.
Yes sir we'll have to see if Leake can do it while down 14-21 points.

Last edited:
I find it comical that "no one gives Louisa respect on these boards." Louisa fans are something else.....Louisa is great, we should put them up there with Highland Springs, Oscar Smith, Westfield and IMG Academy! You all have to line up and play the game just like everyone else! You had all this D-1 talent last year and lost....miracle or not you LOST! I agree Louisa was and is a great team but dont degrade 4A, you still have to line up and go toe to toe with Monancan, EV, Lake Taylor, Churchland, Salem, Blacksburg, BROAD RUN!! Tusky! I am all for being positive and a great fan but dont think you are high and mighty and you can play with Alabama

Reactions: OCBoy
@footballjunkie01 it's true though, because if many of our players, especially Smith, played for a Richmond or Henrico team, there would be pages and pages of posts about them from you guys. But since it's Louisa, crickets besides a very few. If Smith played for HSHS, this site would've crashed.

Louisa still owes Broad Run for 2010, and Salem for 2017, so bring it on! :) And none of us have "degraded" 4A, the only ones to do that are Highland Springs fans. Most of us here think the best of 4A can play with the best of 5A.

@footballjunkie01 it's true though, because if many of our players, especially Smith, played for a Richmond or Henrico team, there would be pages and pages of posts about them from you guys. But since it's Louisa, crickets besides a very few.

Louisa still owes Broad Run for 2010, and Salem for 2017, so bring it on! :) And none of us have "degraded" 4A, the only ones to do that are Highland Springs fans. Most of us here think the best of 4A can play with the best of 5A.
I don't know. Salem is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and they don't seem to have a problem getting props. The thing is, you actually have to win a trophy before you get the respect you think you deserve. Same with EV. They've been "dismissed" many times. Win the big one and that goes away.

@86CulpGrad take a stroll to the 5A board and do a search, even Salem with their 9 titles has been disrespected by certain fans. Even Lake Taylor was painted as JV level compared to HS.

Reactions: FoxesPride
I find it comical that "no one gives Louisa respect on these boards." Louisa fans are something else.....Louisa is great, we should put them up there with Highland Springs, Oscar Smith, Westfield and IMG Academy! You all have to line up and play the game just like everyone else! You had all this D-1 talent last year and lost....miracle or not you LOST! I agree Louisa was and is a great team but dont degrade 4A, you still have to line up and go toe to toe with Monancan, EV, Lake Taylor, Churchland, Salem, Blacksburg, BROAD RUN!! Tusky! I am all for being positive and a great fan but dont think you are high and mighty and you can play with Alabama
ooooops someone blew a gasket.

It's to be expected that a larger division would discount a smaller one....regardless of fact.
It shouldn't be expected, after what has happened over the last 5-6 years. LT beating Bird and Freedom, Woodgrove destroying Ponax two years ago, and many other examples of smaller class teams beating good larger teams. Also 5-5 Blacksburg beating Phoebus, when folks didn't think they belonged on the same field. They're just ignorant to that and/or don't want to acknowledge it.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be expected, after what has happened over the last 5-6 years. LT beating Bird and Freedom, Woodgrove destroying Ponax two years ago, and many other examples of smaller class teams beating good larger teams. Also 5-5 Blacksburg beating Phoebus, when folks didn't think they belonged on the same field. They're just ignorant to that and/or don't want to acknowledge it.
Shouldn't be expected, but that's what happens. The "bigger" guys aren't going to give up their self-worth by admitting many of the "smaller" guys are better. Ignorance should be ignored.

ill be at louisa jv game tonight and varsity on Friday. I heard the 95 traffic is awful rite now. the things I do for these kids. go LIONS!!!!!

I don't know. Salem is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and they don't seem to have a problem getting props. The thing is, you actually have to win a trophy before you get the respect you think you deserve. Same with EV. They've been "dismissed" many times. Win the big one and that goes away.

Hey!! We’re not in the middle of nowhere. We’re just up the road from Elliston, and only a stone’s throw away from Bonsack.

Reactions: RKE Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT