ADVERTISEMENT

4B Region Final: Dinwiddie Generals at Patrick Henry Patriots

Who will win

• Dinwiddie High School

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Patrick Henry High School (Ashland)

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
Everyone close to me is fully aware of my attentiveness to statistics, trends, and patterns.

Since realignment Dinwiddie has appeared in the State Championship in 2013 and 2016. Could the pattern continue? I know I am grabbing at straws here, but it would sure be a nice surprise. Lol.

One game at a time. The more I look at PH the more concerned I get. Honestly, I thought Louisa would win Region B and the state Semi quite easily, but PH had other ideas. To shut down the Lions, the Patriots must obviously have a physical lock down defense. They obviously play the run very well. The only team that really challenged them with a stretching type passing game was Varina. There is some hope.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Everyone close to me is fully aware of my attentiveness to statistics, trends, and patterns.

Since realignment Dinwiddie has appeared in the State Championship in 2013 and 2016. Could the pattern continue? I know I am grabbing at straws here, but it would sure be a nice surprise. Lol.

One game at a time. The more I look at PH the more concerned I get. Honestly, I thought Louisa would win Region B and the state Semi quite easily, but PH had other ideas. To shut down the Lions, the Patriots must obviously have a physical lock down defense. They obviously play the run very well. The only team that really challenged them with a stretching type passing game was Varina. There is some hope.
the key to Patrick Henry is running offense they use that to drag the game out and to keep it a low scoring game but I watched them at the Louisa game literally let the play clock get down to 5 seconds each down , they’ll run the ball and chip away and get 4, yards 5 yards and next thing u know it’s a first down but at the same time it’s killing clock but it was successful against Louisa, they maybe had one run play that was 25 yards they never broke a run play on Louisa that game, but I learned ph pass defense wasn’t that good so that’s the key , and score first against them make them speed up the pace make them throw the ball, Louisa scored quick on Ph with 5 play drives or 6 play drives so it’s not hard,u just gotta stop there run and I think dinwiddie can win

A real fan would simply quit his job to be at a game! Food and shelter are so over-rated.

Tell that to my wife, lol! It is all good... I will be going to Huguenot Friday night instead to catch Thomas Jefferson and King William. If your Generals continue winning maybe I'll see them in another week or two :)

A real fan would simply quit his job to be at a game! Food and shelter are so over-rated.

Tell that to my wife, lol! It is all good... I will be going to Huguenot Friday night instead to catch Thomas Jefferson and King William. If your Generals continue winning maybe I'll see them in another week or two :)

If Navy and I continue to neglect our responsibilities, we might find out what it's like to be without food and shelter. Ask him what his wife's reply was Friday night when he texted her that Dinwiddie won!!!

If Navy and I continue to neglect our responsibilities, we might find out what it's like to be without food and shelter. Ask him what his wife's reply was Friday night when he texted her that Dinwiddie won!!!

I talked to him Sunday afternoon so the reaction could not have been that bad, he is still alive. Not sure if he is missing any parts.

I text her at halftime and said Dinwiddie was losing. She text back "go Generals"! I said are you sick? she said "no, I didn't mean I want them to win" lol After the game I told her we won
Her exact words were "ugh" Why can't Dinwiddie let someone else have a turn". "This has been going on since August". How many more weeks do they play?

I text her at halftime and said Dinwiddie was losing. She text back "go Generals"! I said are you sick? she said "no, I didn't mean I want them to win" lol After the game I told her we won
Her exact words were "ugh" Why can't Dinwiddie let someone else have a turn". "This has been going on since August". How many more weeks do they play?
LOL! Spoken like a true football widow who just doesn't see why her husband is so enamored with "just a game". Kudos to her and all the other spouses/significant others who indulge our fall addiction.

@falcettik and @CRF4Dan, I read my wife my post last night and your responses this morning. She said to give you both a (first bump), then handed me a to do list. After looking at the list I said "its pouring down rain". She shook her head calmly said "no problem you can do the list on Friday"! Needless to say my frog togs are coming in handy right now. The things we do for a darn football game. Snorkel please!

@falcettik and @CRF4Dan, I read my wife my post last night and your responses this morning. She said to give you both a (first bump), then handed me a to do list. After looking at the list I said "its pouring down rain". She shook her head calmly said "no problem you can do the list on Friday"! Needless to say my frog togs are coming in handy right now. The things we do for a darn football game. Snorkel please!

You need to take a page out of my book. From January to June I do whatever the wife wants, from July to August is negotiable and then from August to December she knows it is all about football.

I was just reviewing the Dinwiddie Football record book and discovered that the "Little Engine that Could" Robert Barlow, Jr. has broken several indicidual game and single season records. They inlcude: Game- most points -42; most rushing touchdowns -7, and most rushing yards- 309. Season: Most rushing td's in a season - 31, most td's in a season - 33, most points in a season 198.

The cool thing about these achievements is the prior record holder was Sadarius William's (2013) who is considered to be the best rb ever from Dinwiddie. This young man is amazing and tough as old shoe leather.

Last edited:
Hey Gensfan, we are meeting at The Sportspage Grill in Ashland tomorrow at 2:00 pm to watch a little of the UVA/VT game. Please join us if you can. It's only a few minutes to get to the field from there.

Any others that would like to join us are invited as well.

Final thoughts:

After reviewing every resource available I think this game can go either way. Patrick Henry struggled early on with offenses like Dinwiddie's, but they have progressed tremendously on the defensive side of the ball.

The one advantage Dinwiddie may have is depth and stamina. Coach Mills teams just don't get tired and due to injuries they have generated additional depth. The Patriots play a lot of people both ways and the Generals hurry up offense could cause PH to fatigue. This could change if PH holds the ball for 5-10 minute drives. In order for the Generals to get the win they must put PH in long yardage situations and make 3rd/4th down stops. Dinwiddie must make PH chase all over the field defending the pass and run.

This may sound crazy, but the most important play of the game may be the coin toss. Whoever, gets up early can set the tempo. Score fast, score often and the Generals move on. Play slow and methodical the Patriots travel to the 757 next week.

Final thoughts:

After reviewing every resource available I think this game can go either way. Patrick Henry struggled early on with offenses like Dinwiddie's, but they have progressed tremendously on the defensive side of the ball.

The one advantage Dinwiddie may have is depth and stamina. Coach Mills teams just don't get tired and due to injuries they have generated additional depth. The Patriots play a lot of people both ways and the Generals hurry up offense could cause PH to fatigue. This could change if PH holds the ball for 5-10 minute drives. In order for the Generals to get the win they must put PH in long yardage situations and make 3rd/4th down stops. Dinwiddie must make PH chase all over the field defending the pass and run.

This may sound crazy, but the most important play of the game may be the coin toss. Whoever, gets up early can set the tempo. Score fast, score often and the Generals move on. Play slow and methodical the Patriots travel to the 757 next week.
Facts on everything u just said

Final thoughts:

Also if u stop the qb dinwiddie can win y’all pass way more then Louisa does I watched the qb for ph play qb, cornerbac, kick return and he played special teams last week, so the more dinwiddie offense is out there is better , really in y’all favor to win , I’m rooting for y’all today

Final thoughts:

Little nugget I thought you would appreciate...

Dinwiddie is 2-0 on this date whereas Patrick Henry is 0-3

Sorry but Kevin Morgan was the greatest running back to ever come out of Dinwiddie hands down.

based on from which year?

1986 Patrick Henry lost to Warwick in Division 5 State Semifinals
1997 Patrick Henry lost to Hampton in Division 5 State Semifinals
2002 Patrick Henry lost to Hopewell in Division 5 Central Region Final

2008 Dinwiddie beat Liberty-Bealeton in Division 5 State Semifinals
2013 Dinwiddie beat Lake Taylor in Class 4 State Semifinals

Reactions: gwb16
I said people are underestimating PH defense.

I am assuming you are a PH fan... congratulations on winning region B and the rest of the region will be pulling for you against the best A has to offer. To go from being a 3 win team last season to 10-3 and winning the region with a 1st year head coach is a phenomenal achievement.

I am assuming you are a PH fan... congratulations on winning region B and the rest of the region will be pulling for you against the best A has to offer. To go from being a 3 win team last season to 10-3 and winning the region with a 1st year head coach is a phenomenal achievement.
Thanks. Grew up watching PH in the 90’s when they dominated the central region and played for them in the 2000’s. Not saying we are back but I haven’t had this feeling in a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT