ADVERTISEMENT

4B Region Final: Dinwiddie Generals at Patrick Henry Patriots

Who will win

• Dinwiddie High School

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Patrick Henry High School (Ashland)

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
Ph defense is solid there coaching or coach is legit and it starts from there there offense isn’t explosive or drop jawing but it gets the job done and defense wins games championships etc congrats ph

Just got home after a long day. First, congratulations to Patrick Henry. Go represent Region B going forward.

@Bcope83, I guess you were right about a few things, but was a wrong about a few others.

Yes, Barlow did not play, but it was not because of the ankle injury suffered at EV. In fact, he had a MRI and was cleared to play. This past Wednesday a nagging knee issue reared its ugly head along with swelling. The coaches, his parents and Robert decided to sit it out and hope for the best. It was not easy for him to sit out the last high school game of his career and he was devastated afterward.

Patrick Henry played hard and their defense was very solid, but no way were they "way faster" than Dinwiddie. Turnovers bit us early, a few very odd calls like awarding a first down then giving the ball to PH baffled everyone.

Neither team executed well and I believe the Generals front 7 handled the PH offense until they changed qb's and ran more of a read option offense. PH passed more than they had all year and to be honest made some crucial plays when needed. Dinwiddie played much better in the 2nd half, but could not make the crucial play or something freaky would happen. Sometimes you get the breaks and sometimes the breaks get you.

Still don't know how you call back a touchdown after you run by the spot where the receiver allegedly ran out of bounds, but that call didnt cost us the game. Had Drumgoole caught the interception rather than the PH receiver having the ball land his lap things may have been different.

Kudos to Coach Wakefield. He did a great job getting his team ready. Proud of this team though. Went a lot further than we expected. Until next year. Go Patriots!

Last edited:
Just got home after a long day. First, congratulations to Patrick Henry. Go represent Region B going forward.

@Bcope83, I guess you were right about a few things, but was a wrong about a few others.

Yes, Barlow did not play, but it was not because of the ankle injury suffered at EV. In fact, he had a MRI and was cleared to play. This past Wednesday a nagging knee issue reared its ugly head along with swelling. The coaches, his parents and Robert decided to sit it out and hope for the best. It was not easy for him to sit out the last high school game of his career and he was devastated afterward.

Patrick Henry played hard and their defense was very solid, but know way were they "way faster" than Dinwiddie. Turnovers bit us early, a few very odd calls like awarding a first down then giving the ball to PH baffled everyone.

Neither team executed well and I believe the Generals front 7 handled the PH offense until they changed qb's and ran more of a read option offense. PH passed more than they had all year and to be honest made some crucial plays when needed. Dinwiddie played much better in the 2nd half, but could not make the crucial play or something freaky would happen. Sometimes you get the breaks and sometimes the breaks get you.

Still don't know how you call back a touchdown after you run by the spot where the receiver allegedly ran out of bounds, but that call didnt cost us the game. Had Drumgoole caught the interception rather than the PH receiver having the ball land his lap things may have been different.

Kudos to Coach Wakefield. He did a great job getting his team ready. Proud of this team though. Went a lot further than we expected. Until next year. Go Patriots!
That’s terrible news. Always prefer everyone at full strength especially this time of year. Great career for him!

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I had a chance to chat with Louisa Coach Will Patrick and a couple of the Louisa coaches at the Din/PH game today. Class act, those guys are. I look forward to our two teams meeting up again one day.

Best wishes to the PH kids. Go bring the state title back to 4B.

Patrick Henry played hard and their defense was very solid, but no way were they "way faster" than Dinwiddie. Turnovers bit us early, a few very odd calls like awarding a first down then giving the ball to PH baffled everyone.

Great run Dinwiddie... You got a long way with that house money this year. Barlow being out was a HUGE loss. Even on a down year you are in position to win the region. Well done despite the tough luck today. I agree, Go Patriots moving forward!

79208672_1310851349098068_8512312330959192064_o.jpg

Congratulations to Patrick Henry-Ashland, who has defeated Dinwiddie 13-6 to win Region 4B.
They await the winner of Region 4A, either Churchland or Lake Taylor.

Reactions: Mccoy Bruin
Great game, congrats to Dinwiddie on a good year. I am happy PH won but way to many penalties on them especially false starts. I thought PH could have easily been up 14 or 21 to 0 at halftime but kuddos to the Dinwiddie defense. On to lake taylor. PH is playing with house money, nothing to lose!

Reactions: COTU
I would have to go with Kevin Morgan and a close second was Earl Winfield. Earl was probably the best athlete to come out of Dinwiddie.

I would like to add one last comment on this game. Like most of you, I travel around a lot, watching high school games. I've been to a lot of places where the fans, gate workers, security, and concession workers were less than friendly, or just unhappy that they were out in the cold working on a Friday night.

I'm glad to tell you that this certainly was not the case at Patrick Henry. Everyone was friendly and jovial from the time we got there, until the time we left.

I know from games we have hosted on Thanksging weekend that finding workers is always a big problem. PH not only had friendly people, they had plenty of them. My hats off to the Patrick Henry AD, and to the community for supporting their school.

I hate losing, but if you have to lose, it's nice to lose to such a classy bunch as are the Patriots and their community.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT