ADVERTISEMENT

4B Region Final: Dinwiddie Generals at Patrick Henry Patriots

Who will win

• Dinwiddie High School

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Patrick Henry High School (Ashland)

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
I’ve seen both in back fo back weeks. If #5 from Dinwiddie is out I give this one to PH. They have more speed all over.

Barlow will be ready. Play hard and hope for the best! That's all we can expect. Congrats to PH. Neither team wants the season to end. May the best team win.

I'll take Dinwiddie provided they can get on the board early. If PHA turns it into a dog-fight, which they will try to do, it will be very interesting.

And this is why we play the games.....
Great job by both teams....the athletes and the coaching staffs have done a fantastic job of getting it done on the field.
Message boards don't win games. Word flexing doesn't win games. What a great finals match up. I just might have to make a trip up to watch my first game of the year. My personal and professional life have kept me overwhelmed ALL fall....things are finally starting to slow down a tiny bit.

Barlow will be ready. Play hard and hope for the best! That's all we can expect. Congrats to PH. Neither team wants the season to end. May the best team win.
You know that he’s ok? That’s great news. He was down for 5 minutes and couldn’t put any weight on the leg when he went off. Never saw him come back into the game.

I'll take Dinwiddie provided they can get on the board early. If PHA turns it into a dog-fight, which they will try to do, it will be very interesting.
I noticed on the Scoreboard thread...there was a post that said PH-A had the ball the entire 3rd quarter...was that accurate? If so - HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

And this is why we play the games.....
Great job by both teams....the athletes and the coaching staffs have done a fantastic job of getting it done on the field.
Message boards don't win games. Word flexing doesn't win games. What a great finals match up. I just might have to make a trip up to watch my first game of the year. My personal and professional life have kept me overwhelmed ALL fall....things are finally starting to slow down a tiny bit.
Prayers big man. @gwb16 , you know Navy Nation is always there for you.

Reactions: gwb16 and 1Gensfan
You know that he’s ok? That’s great news. He was down for 5 minutes and couldn’t put any weight on the leg when he went off. Never saw him come back into the game.
I am 100% sure. I spoke to Barlow and the trainer after after the game. Freaky play. He got hurt in the pile after the play. A little twist of the ankle. He was taped up.and ready if we needed him. Thought our backup rb's played well. #30 ran the ball hard and helped grind the clock with 50 yards on our last series. He is a sophomore.

Why 4? If it were 7 I could be there but my 9-5 gets in the way otherwise.
Will have to ask Matt Crowder the PH athletic director. The traffic (Black Friday shopping) is going to be fun, but its football. #Find a way! The region is going to lose about 25% in revenue. Matt is smart. Must have a reason. Crowd control possibly. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: CRF4Dan
Will have to ask Matt Crowder the PH athletic director. The traffic (Black Friday shopping) is going to be fun, but its football. #Find a way!

Yeah I just saw King William & Thomas Jefferson are playing at noon on Friday. So looks like by default I will have no choice but to go to Manchester Saturday.

Reactions: mbonape1
I noticed on the Scoreboard thread...there was a post that said PH-A had the ball the entire 3rd quarter...was that accurate? If so - HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!
Yes it was true they got the ball in the beginning of 3rd qtr because they deferred to the second half , they ran literally a run play and it was successful it was like it was small chunks of yards 3yds , then 2yards, again but then they converted them into 1st downs , I think they ran 20-21 plays whole 3rd qtr, then I’m in the 4th they scored. Ph Qb was a good athlete tough kid he literally played corner back qb special teams , and I’m not even sure he was tired.

Reactions: gwb16
Yes it was true they got the ball in the beginning of 3rd qtr because they deferred to the second half , they ran literally a run play and it was successful it was like it was small chunks of yards 3yds , then 2yards, again but then they converted them into 1st downs , I think they ran 20-21 plays whole 3rd qtr, then I’m in the 4th they scored. Ph Qb was a good athlete tough kid he literally played corner back qb special teams , and I’m not even sure he was tired.
That's insanity. I wouldn't have guessed that scenario in a million years. Execute the game plan. Just execute. If that doesn't make the kids believers in the coaching staff - what will?

That's insanity. I wouldn't have guessed that scenario in a million years. Execute the game plan. Just execute. If that doesn't make the kids believers in the coaching staff - what will?
Well that coach for Ph had a game plan and it worked I salute to him, he probably told the kids we’re gonna run and if they can’t stop it we’re gonna keep going , and ph wanted a low scoring game which it was also, they controlled the game pretty much Louisa barely had the ball I would love to see the time Of possession ph had the ball to Louisa had the ball on offense

Reactions: mbonape1 and gwb16
I am 100% sure. I spoke to Barlow and the trainer after after the game. Freaky play. He got hurt in the pile after the play. A little twist of the ankle. He was taped up.and ready if we needed him. Thought our backup rb's played well. #30 ran the ball hard and helped grind the clock with 50 yards on our last series. He is a sophomore.
I’d be shocked if Barlow is 100%. He’s definitely a difference maker if he’s good to go.

Dinwiddie wins. Both have played a very tough schedule and both have beat some sound opponents. Dinwiddie will be in the state championship this year.
PH speed will be too much. Dinwiddie didn’t have a whole lot offensively outside of 5. Even if he’s playing there’s not way he’s even close to 100%. I say PH in a win

Reactions: COTU
@BCope3, our third team back hit EV for 48 yards on 5 carrie's. Damn a bunch of slow sophmores beat them too. It's all good we were not supposed to even make the playoffs this year. Oh Guess what? 4 straight Region Finals. Wheres all your Battlefield boys? Have fun trying to stop the slow Generals the next two years. You said the same thing last year about Pope being all we had and Barlow hit EV for 2 tds. SMH.

@BCope3, our third team back hit EV for 48 yards on 5 carrie's. Damn a bunch of slow sophmores beat them too. It's all good we were not supposed to even make the playoffs this year. Oh Guess what? 4 straight Region Finals. Wheres all your Battlefield boys? Have fun trying to stop the slow Generals the next two years. You said the same thing last year about Pope being all we had and Barlow hit EV for 2 tds. SMH.
You’re taking a kid being injured really personally man lol

Reactions: aw19752
This game is over. EV couldn’t make enough stops to do anything. Dinwiddie was definitely the better team on Friday night. Good luck Generals.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I think a lot of people are underestimate PH defense. They are better than what you think. Holding Henrico, Deep Run, and Louisa to low score. And on the other side seems like Dinwiddie defense has giving up a lot of points so PH might have a field day on Friday.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people at underestimate PH defense. They are better than what you think. Holding Henrico, Deep Run, and Louisa to low score. And on the other side seems like Dinwiddie defense has giving up a lot of points so PH might have a field day on Friday.

I can promise you no one from Dinwiddie is questioning Patrick Henry. Any team that makes it this far in Region B obviously has talent and by beating Louisa the Patriots surely woke everybody up. Not knowing anything about the Patriots and flying under the radar is a more likely reason for some people's reaction.

Sikkar is the real deal and physical running qb's like Sam Roger's, Cheatham (Hanover), Bell (Louisa) and Snyder (Monacan) have given the Generals trouble in the past.

PH has played four very tough teams this year Henrico, Deep Run, Varina, and Louisa. I think their schedule has prepared them very well for the playoffs and Coach Wakefield has reenergized a once very proud program. The Patriots are averaging 30 points a game and are giving up 14. The only bad loss they had was to Class 5 Varina who just ended Highland Springs 40 game unbeaten streak.

This should be a very physical and entertaining game. Will the Patriots have a "field day"? I sure hope not.

I can promise you no one from Dinwiddie is questioning Patrick Henry. Any team that makes it this far in Region B obviously has talent and by beating Louisa the Patriots surely woke everybody up. Not knowing anything about the Patriots and flying under the radar is a more likely reason for some people's reaction.

Sikkar is the real deal and physical running qb's like Sam Roger's, Cheatham (Hanover), Bell (Louisa) and Snyder (Monacan) have given the Generals trouble in the past.

PH has played four very tough teams this year Henrico, Deep Run, Varina, and Louisa. I think their schedule has prepared them very well for the playoffs and Coach Wakefield has reenergized a once very proud program. The Patriots are averaging 30 points a game and are giving up 14. The only bad loss they had was to Class 5 Varina who just ended Highland Springs 40 game unbeaten streak.

This should be a very physical and entertaining game. Will the Patriots have a "field day"? I sure hope not.
I thought the Dinwiddie QB was a dangerous runner. Probably next to #5 the best runner on the team.

I telling u this now that qb for ph is really fast and elusive Louisa literally had trouble with him he ran between the tackles and on the edge but he’s not a really big kid but hard to put hands on lol, its going to be a low scoring game I’m sure ph will grind out the game with the run and control the clock like they did in Louisa game. Ph front line is really tough To block I saw it at the Louisa game so dinwiddie gotta bring there A-game this week, but win or lose for both teams it’s good there here no one seen them getting this far.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I telling u this now that qb for ph is really fast and elusive Louisa literally had trouble with him he ran between the tackles and on the edge but he’s not a really big kid but hard to put hands on lol, its going to be a low scoring game I’m sure ph will grind out the game with the run and control the clock like they did in Louisa game. Ph front line is really tough To block I saw it at the Louisa game so dinwiddie gotta bring there A-game this week, but win or lose for both teams it’s good there here no one seen them getting this far.
I don't know. For both Dinwiddie games about 65% had them winning in the polls, so most thought they would be here. About the same % so far have them winning this one too.

Reactions: Va434
Does Patrick Henry have a good Marching Band? Will they be performing at halftime on the marching field, or just playing pep tunes in the stands?

I don't know. For both Dinwiddie games about 65% had them winning in the polls, so most thought they would be here. About the same % so far have them winning this one too.

@86CulpGrad, you are a stat nerd just like me, but you know very well VA Prep posters don't decide games. Lol

I really don't know how this game will go. Our Junior and Seniors have been here before, but no one on this team has won a regional final. Again this team never gets too high or too low. They just work hard and have fun. Never seen anything like it. The 2013 team was super focused and had unreal leadership. This team is no where close in talent, but they appear to be a closer unit. I don't even think this team even cares about who leads.

I am 100% sure Coach Mills will have this team prepared. I have not mentioned this before, but for the first time since 2016 he has a full coaching staff. Last year he, Coach Davis and Coach Coles killed themselves. The work being put in by former Averett College safeties Coach and Dinwiddie alumni Johnson (defensive coordinator) seems to be working. Our new coaching additions are young and relate really well to the kids. They surely put in the hours to get better. 16 hours a day, 6 days a week.

@MrSalem1000, I would love to give you a report, but I honestly don't think anyone would believe me anyway. I do know he was awake and laughing at a tweet I posted about him last night. His spirits are high, so that says something. Will certainly know more by tomorrow or Wednesday. Thanks for asking.

I will leave it up to the VA Preps guru's to break this game down and determine a winner. This 2019, Dinwiddie team has already earned Navy Nations respect and win or lose they will go out as one of my favorites. Proud of the PH team too. They have proven to be a top dog and don't be surprised if they stay there. Either way Region B will be in good hands. Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone.

@86CulpGrad, you are a stat nerd just like me, but you know very well VA Prep posters don't decide games. Lol

I really don't know how this game will go. Our Junior and Seniors have been here before, but no one on this team has won a regional final. Again this team never gets too high or too low. They just work hard and have fun. Never seen anything like it. The 2013 team was super focused and had unreal leadership. This team is no where close in talent, but they appear to be a closer unit. I don't even think this team even cares about who leads.

I am 100% sure Coach Mills will have this team prepared. I have not mentioned this before, but for the first time since 2016 he has a full coaching staff. Last year he, Coach Davis and Coach Coles killed themselves. The work being put in by former Averett College safeties Coach and Dinwiddie alumni Johnson (defensive coordinator) seems to be working. Our new coaching additions are young and relate really well to the kids. They surely put in the hours to get better. 16 hours a day, 6 days a week.

@MrSalem1000, I would love to give you a report, but I honestly don't think anyone would believe me anyway. I do know he was awake and laughing at a tweet I posted about him last night. His spirits are high, so that says something. Will certainly know more by tomorrow or Wednesday. Thanks for asking.

I will leave it up to the VA Preps guru's to break this game down and determine a winner. This 2019, Dinwiddie team has already earned Navy Nations respect and win or lose they will go out as one of my favorites. Proud of the PH team too. They have proven to be a top dog and don't be surprised if they stay there. Either way Region B will be in good hands. Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone.
Absolutely...not saying the polls determine the outcome necessarily. That guy was just saying no one thought PH/Din would be there. The polls show most thought they would be there. This year is another example of never being able to pick the assumed favorites. You never know how 15-18 year olds are gonna play on any given night.

Does Patrick Henry have a good Marching Band? Will they be performing at halftime on the marching field, or just playing pep tunes in the stands?

PH band hasn’t played their halftime show since the end of October. Think they’re just in stand-band mode.

Highland springs has the best band I’ve seen and heard and in a while performing at halftime and playing during game and they actually move or perform on rhythm lol but best band I’ve seen so far.

Springer band is pretty good. I always get annoyed when I see/hear a good band and there’s no appreciation from the crowd. Saw that happen this past Friday in Warsaw at Rappahannock. Band is doing everything it can to pump up the crowd at halftime and barely any acknowledgement from fans at the end of the show.

Reactions: Va434
I figured Dinwiddie would be in the mix from week 1. Their sophomore QB didn’t look like a sophomore in his first start, I know he’s playing like a senior now. They had some solid young skill guys, Barlow isn’t their only weapon..They also had an elite line. PH’s resume is impressive. Loss to 3 by Henrico and Deep Run (both 5B playoff teams) and from everything I’ve heard, competed with Varina, who just knocked off Highland Springs.

Well the winner will have to travel to the 757 for the state semifinals

One little side note to this game. A long term assistant coach under Ray Long, coach Jim Cobb, passed away very unexpectedly from a heart attack less than a year ago. Coach Cobb pretty much walked away from coaching when Coach Long retired, so few, if any of the kids on the PA team actually knew him. I've known Jim and his family for about 30 years, and no finer family has ever existed. It's sad that these kids did not have the opportunity to learn from one of the best, in football and in life.

I know Coach Cobb will be watching the game Friday from a lofty seat, high above. Jim, enjoy the game my friend, but don't be sending down any plays. Our job will be tough enough without your divine intervention!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT