E. C. Glass 4 4D Seminole 6 1 0 3 1 0 25.85714
Louisa Co. 4 4D Jefferson 7 1 0 5 0 0 25.00000
Halifax County 4 4D Piedmont 5 1 0 2 1 0 23.83333
Amherst County 4 4D Seminole 4 2 0 3 1 0 22.16667
Orange Co. 4 4D Jefferson 4 3 0 2 2 0 21.85714
Pulaski County 4 4D River Ridge 4 3 0 2 2 0 20.14286
Blacksburg 4 4D River Ridge 0 6 0 0 3 0 14.66667
Jefferson Forest 4 4D Seminole 0 6 0 0 3 0 14.16667

If Salem beats Franklin Co tomorrow, They will move up into the #2 spot with a 27.66666 rating
26 W 6
122 + 44 /6 = 27.66666

If Franklin Co wins Salem drops to 4th with a 25.33333 rating

Last edited:
Just at a glance I think Salem will pull ahead. They'll nab a couple extra points from Martinsburg (10-0) over Louisa (9-1). WA has a 2-5 Fluvanna, 0-7 Monticello, and 4-3 Orange County left while Salem has 2-5 Cave Spring (should finish 3-7), 6-2 Hidden Valley (should finish 7-3), 0-6 Blacksburg (should finish 0-10), 7-1 Patrick Henry (should finish 8-2). PH will bring in 5A points as well.

I'm far too lazy to run the points and I don't know enough about WA's part of the world to predict their schedule finishes but Salem has two pretty good teams left on the schedule that should nab them a good bit of points, just makes it seem like they'll use those to catch up and pass WA, might happen in the last week with PH giving big 5D points as an 8-2 team.

Just at a glance I think Salem will pull ahead. They'll nab a couple extra points from Martinsburg (10-0) over Louisa (9-1). WA has a 2-5 Fluvanna, 0-7 Monticello, and 4-3 Orange County left while Salem has 2-5 Cave Spring (should finish 3-7), 6-2 Hidden Valley (should finish 7-3), 0-6 Blacksburg (should finish 0-10), 7-1 Patrick Henry (should finish 8-2). PH will bring in 5A points as well.

I'm far too lazy to run the points and I don't know enough about WA's part of the world to predict their schedule finishes but Salem has two pretty good teams left on the schedule that should nab them a good bit of points, just makes it seem like they'll use those to catch up and pass WA, might happen in the last week with PH giving big 5D points as an 8-2 team.
Western should beat Fluvanna and Monticello. They lost their QB and their best receiver is now QB so Orange might be an issue for them. Assuming they win out they will end up with 303-311 points depending on how Rockbridge, Turner Ashby, and Wilson Memorial play-out.

I will run max points for each team tonight

End of the season will be interesting. Salem has PH, Glass has LCA, GW has Dinwiddie, WA has Orange (wouldn't put this here normally but being made aware of those QB issues it makes me wonder how far WA can go). Louisa I feel comfortable saying will finish 9-1 but the other teams can be 8-2 or 9-1.

Salem and probably WA will likely have the points to finish 1-3 regardless of being 8-2 or 9-1, feels like Louisa will need help elsewhere to avoid the 4/5 slot. That 4/5 game will be a good one, I think Louisa vs either Glass or GW seems most likely at present time although who knows how it'll look in another few weeks.

e: Brookville, Bassett, and Hidden Valley loom large for several of the above teams but I feel like those will all go the way of the presumed favorites so I didn't really mention them.

Reactions: SFUWO
I had enough time to do a quick run with Salem and WA. I ran out of time to do more teams but I will double check these numbers and finish the rest tomorrow.
Salem most possible points 31.2
Western Albemarle 30.1
I noticed Charlottesville was supposed to play a game vs Marshall. Is that a F or no contest?

This is an estimated number. I defiantly could have made an error somewhere.

Last edited:
I had enough time to do a quick run with Salem and WA. I ran out of time to do more teams but I will double check these numbers and finish the rest tomorrow.
Western Albemarle 30.1
I noticed Charlottesville was supposed to play a game vs Marshall. Is that a F or no contest?

I've got Western with 311 points (31.1). 201 currently, +66 for wins, +44 bonus

I've got Western with 311 points (31.1). 201 currently, +66 for wins, +44 bonus
Their current game points is 134 Bonus points 67
134 + 62 = 196 game points
67 + 44 = 111 bonus points

Total of 307

Last edited:
Western should beat Fluvanna and Monticello. They lost their QB and their best receiver is now QB so Orange might be an issue for them. Assuming they win out they will end up with 303-311 points depending on how Rockbridge, Turner Ashby, and Wilson Memorial play-out.
Who lost their QB? Western?

I think you have 4 extra points for Game points.
Fluvanna C3= 20
Monticello C3 = 20
Orange C4 = 22
I put the points for playing down into the game points. Just makes it easier for me.
Fluvanna- 20(+2 for playing down, +4 for 2 wins, +2 for a projected win over c'ville) 28 total
Monticello- 20(+2 for playing down, +0 for now and the rest of the way) 22 total
Orange- 22 (+10 for wins when they play) 32 total

I did make a mistake giving them 4 more points from Louisa going forward instead of 2. The rest I have as Wilson-6 (3 wins), Goochland-0 (0 wins, all district games though so doesn't matter, WA gets the points either way), 10 points total from Rockbridge and Turner Ashby (they play each other), and 4 from C'ville (wins over Central and Mont.)
I believe that's a minimum of 301 and a max of 309 (if they win out).

Western Albemarle 30.1

Where did you see they already should have played them. The only place I found a mention of C'ville and Marshall was MaxPreps for tomorrow. Max Preps has them playing Central Woodstock this week as well. So does VHSL Master Schedule and jeffersondistrict.org

I put the points for playing down into the game points. Just makes it easier for me.
Fluvanna- 20(+2 for playing down, +4 for 2 wins, +2 for a projected win over c'ville) 28 total
Monticello- 20(+2 for playing down, +0 for now and the rest of the way) 22 total
Orange- 22 (+10 for wins when they play) 32 total

I did make a mistake giving them 4 more points from Louisa going forward instead of 2. The rest I have as Wilson-6 (3 wins), Goochland-0 (0 wins, all district games though so doesn't matter, WA gets the points either way), 10 points total from Rockbridge and Turner Ashby (they play each other), and 4 from C'ville (wins over Central and Mont.)
I believe that's a minimum of 301 and a max of 309 (if they win out).
I have the same thing for these 3. I agree it' in the range of 301-309. Either way we have pretty much the same score outside of a couple bonus points. It's definitely easy to miss something. I originally had them 30.1, rechecked a couple things and it went up to 30.7

Last edited:
Where did you see they already should have played them. The only place I found a mention of C'ville and Marshall was MaxPreps for tomorrow. Max Preps has them playing Central Woodstock this week as well. So does VHSL Master Schedule and jeffersondistrict.org
I was using preps for a quick reference. They replaced the game with Central so it is listed as cancelled.

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
What's going on with GW Danville's games with Dinwiddie and Tunstall? Will either be played or will they only have eight games? Is that allowed?

What's going on with GW Danville's games with Dinwiddie and Tunstall? Will either be played or will they only have eight games? Is that allowed?
I went ahead and added both games. I've got GW at 33.1 as their high. Dinwiddie would be a possible 40 pts if GW wins and Dinwiddie wins out. This also takes into account that Amherst wins out against Brookville, LCA and Heritage

GW Danville 33.1
Louisa Co 31.9
Salem 31.2
Western Albemarle 30.7
Halifax Co 27.5

These are the schools I have worked on so far. These are max power points if everything was to fall into place for each school. Estimated due to the fact that I could have made an error of course.

Reactions: LionNation540
No word yet on the GW/Tunstall game. Word is GW has asked Tunstall to forfeit. Not sure what's taking so long for a decision. Maybe it's been made and we just haven't heard about it.

With Dinwiddie on 11/1 GW would have to play Tunstall early next week if it is to be made up. That's awful short notice. What is the VHSL's official position on situations like this?

GW Danville 33.1
Louisa Co 31.9
Salem 31.2
Western Albemarle 30.7
Halifax Co 27.5

These are the schools I have worked on so far. These are max power points if everything was to fall into place for each school. Estimated due to the fact that I could have made an error of course.

How does Louisa jump 7 points with two games left? There's a 3A and a 5A, both look above average but it's not like either is finishing 9-1 with only losses to Louisa.

No word yet on the GW/Tunstall game. Word is GW has asked Tunstall to forfeit. Not sure what's taking so long for a decision. Maybe it's been made and we just haven't heard about it.

With Dinwiddie on 11/1 GW would have to play Tunstall early next week if it is to be made up. That's awful short notice. What is the VHSL's official position on situations like this?
The VHSL leaves it to the teams and/or the District. Very soon though, the VHSL will post a date that is the deadline to reschedule games.

How does Louisa jump 7 points with two games left? There's a 3A and a 5A, both look above average but it's not like either is finishing 9-1 with only losses to Louisa.
Because it is a max amount of points possible. It also includes past teams wining all of their games for the rest of the season (will not happen). If you notice GW Danville jumps 6 points. Part of that is Amherst beating Brookville, LCA and Heritage. I truly don't believe they win any of these games but for max points you have to tally them in.

Reactions: 1MoreHokie
The VHSL leaves it to the teams and/or the District. Very soon though, the VHSL will post a date that is the deadline to reschedule games.
In the past they stated that the game must be played before regional playoffs start. If not played a forfeit

Because it is a max amount of points possible. It also includes past teams wining all of their games for the rest of the season (will not happen). If you notice GW Danville jumps 6 points. Part of that is Amherst beating Brookville, LCA and Heritage. I truly don't believe they win any of these games but for max points you have to tally them in.
When you say "past teams winning all games" does that account for past teams playing each other?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT