ADVERTISEMENT

6-3 TEAMS

MT FAN 91

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 19, 2013
Galax has lost 3 times all to undefeated teams Altavista, Giles and Glenvar. Fort Chiswell has lost 3 games to Galax,Thomasville and Graham. I know George Wythe lost to Fort Chiswell but who did the other 2 losses come from? Just wondering because they showed up at #9 in the state all of the sudden so they must have some quality wins and lost to some good teams.

We lost to Fort, Marion, Radford yeah Fort and Marion are good teams and Radford isnt bad but Galax should have our spot I saw Galax beat Fort and they just to look to be on another level but we will see who it all plays out over the next few weeks.

Galax is 4th where it matters the most. Honaker, Haysi, Northwood, Galax, GW, Fort. If this stays like this, 2nd round would be GW vs Galax.

Galax really doesn't have a quality win other than Fort Chiswell. I know George Wythe rolled Northwood, do they have any other quality wins? George Wythe may be hard to handle come playoff time.

Tazwell was a good win at the time other than that not really. And if we can keep playing the way we have been we could cause problems for a few teams. And like Fort89 said if it plays out the way it could there wll be a great game between GW and Galax.

I really don't see a clear cut favorite in the west. We have played well at times and like we have never seen a football at times. I don't know much about the top 2 teams so I may be wrong on that assumption. It just might be an exciting playoff in 1A west.

MT Fan 91. Tide has some quality losses if that counts .. That Giles game I think made both teams allot better.

I agree that's why I posted at the beginning of the thread about them only being beaten by undefeated teams. I hope playing those tough teams will have them prepared for a playoff run!

With hale coaching Fort and he is calling the plays. No chance-none, could match up maybe with Northwood. If the talent is equal u roll to the coaching matchup. Galax and Fort not much talent difference, Hale wouldn't beat Dixon if he had 22 all state players. Dixon is a great coach-may not be a fair comparison. If Hale doesn't keep his fingers on the gameplan than we will see how good his staff is. Hope this will be the case. George Wythe has improved greatly since seeing them early in the season. Honaker and Haysi are good teams. I would rate the teams Galax, Honaker, George Wythe and Haysi. Fort has more than enough talent but weak at the most important position. Auburn is solid as well as Clintwood. Northwood a good record with one good win in Marion(without some starters), rest of the schedule pretty weak. Radford has some good/great players in grant/Finley that can change games..

This post was edited on 11/6 8:20 PM by GKKING

Was referring to coach Hale not Dixon

This post was edited on 11/6 8:19 PM by GKKING

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT