ADVERTISEMENT

63-23 Dinwiddie.

Final! 63-23. Dale hit a long one in garbage time. Our 15 year old qb had 20 carries for 200 yards and three TD's. 152 passing. Tucker ran for 119 and 3 tds. Both have 1,000+ rushing on the season. Dinwiddie had 523 yards in offense. Pounded a physical team into submission. We ain't bad.

During the Dinwiddie, Green Run & Smith Tri-Scrimmage I commented to my buddy next to me that these 3 teams all had chances to win State Titles! While Smith isn't same as last years team & it will definitely be tougher for the Tigers this year, Dinwiddie looks unstoppable! If the Generals don't win 15 games this year, I'll be very surprised!!

During the Dinwiddie, Green Run & Smith Tri-Scrimmage I commented to my buddy next to me that these 3 teams all had chances to win State Titles! While Smith isn't same as last years team & it will definitely be tougher for the Tigers this year, Dinwiddie looks unstoppable! If the Generals don't win 15 games this year, I'll be very surprised!!
We’ve got a tough road 4B is a gauntlet.

Dinwiddie will be the toughest out in D4. Thomas Dale had no chance tonight going against the smaller Generals on both sides of the ball. Dinwiddie is probably the fastest and quickest football team I've seen in the last 30 some years, If they can stay healthy they will be fun to watch. I would sure hate to play them on turf. I always love going to see a game in Dinwiddie. Just the nicest folks you ever want to speak too

There are some really good teams in their region I wouldn’t dismiss them so quickly I think that happened in 2017

There are some really good teams in their region I wouldn’t dismiss them so quickly I think that happened in 2017
I don't think anyone is dismissing any other team. Class 4 is Tough. These kids have scored 518 points and only allowed 73. Averaging 51.8 and only allowing an average of 7.3 per game. They had over 500 yds of offense against a good class 6 physical, undefeated team. New season starts Friday! Good luck to all Teams!

It's all good @racindan4u nice dig, but please note these high expectation comments are not coming from Dinwiddie's humble posters. Dinwiddie fans truly respect the 2017 Lions team who beat us soundly in our own house. Yes, Louisa was a senior laden, talented team in 2017. A team on a mission to be exact. Dinwiddie had lost 22 seniors from the state final team of 2016 and still made the regional final in 2017.

Will this team show out in the region? Don't, know but I sure hope so. King George, Varina, and Hanover are tough outs. We have never played Powhatan, so it starts with them next week. One game at a time. Always nice to have some bulletin board material if needed. Thank you sir

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is dismissing any other team. Class 4 is Tough. These kids have scored 518 points and only allowed 73. Averaging 51.8 and only allowing an average of 7.3 per game. They had over 500 yds of offense against a good class 6 physical, undefeated team. New season starts Friday! Good luck to all Teams!
Great seeing you tonight gal. I was so busy I don’t know if you every got over and enjoyed a bowl of chili? If not, you really missed out. But, there is something special being planned for next week. So bring your appetite.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Great seeing you tonight gal. I was so busy I don’t know if you every got over and enjoyed a bowl of chili? If not, you really missed out. But, there is something special being planned for next week. So bring your appetite.
Great to see you as always DP. I will get by the pressbox Friday! I am just so stinking proud of these young men

What a great time last. I had the pleasure of the company of my two special friends, Danny and Byron from VaPreps. Also, Gary Hess and his compatriots broadcasting live from our stadium was a lot of fun. All of our regular press booth gang were there tonight plus Bleeding Navy joined us.
Having Sean Roberson from Channel 6 on the sidelines was neat. Sean has a great sense of humor.

It was great seeing so many of the former Dinwiddie players at the game. Thanks for being there and encouraging your teammates.

It's all good @racindan4u nice dig, but please note these high expectation comments are not coming from Dinwiddie's humble posters. Dinwiddie fans truly respect the 2017 Lions team who beat us soundly in our own house. Yes, Louisa was a senior laden, talented team in 2017. A team on a mission to be exact. Dinwiddie had lost 22 seniors from the state final team of 2016 and still made the regional final in 2017.

Will this team show out in the region? Don't, know but I sure hope so. King George, Varina, and Hanover are tough outs. We have never played Powhatan, so it starts with them next week. One game at a time. Always nice to have some bulletin board material if needed. Thank you sir
Wasn’t a dig just wanted to point out you have the best teams in your region so good luck the rest of the way. Oh I thought dale might have had a chance boy was I wrong.

I picked Dale bc my only fear for Dinwiddie is they get into a slug fest with a ball control team and I thought Dale would do that. If that is your strategy, rule 1 - you can’t fall behind.

However, Dinwiddie showed they are head and shoulders above Dale in every way and are certainly the best team south of the James.

With that win last night I am considering Dinwiddie a top 5 team in the state regardless of classification and that is a huge statement considering Freedom PW and HSHS are in that group.

As far as 4B I give Dinwiddie the nod over a tough field. I think KG and Varina could win it too. Something isn’t right with Varina’s offense but maybe the loss to HSHS will fix things. They have too many athletes and should be more explosive. If not now, then when? I do believe Varina hasn’t played their best football yet. It is less about the HSHS loss and more about A few teams hung close with them this year that probably shouldn’t have.

Hanover is the other one you have to be careful. Ultimately they don’t have enough firepower to trade blows with the monsters but they are WELL coached. PH has a history frustrating Dinwiddie and Varina also.

I am sure KG has a whale of a team but I’ll go with what I know. I’ll take Dinwiddie over Varina in the final. Throw out the X’s & O’s… until I see someone stop it I won’t pick against it again.

If your team made the playoffs, well done and good luck!

I watched this game last night. Man, y'all smoked Dale last night! I've got you guys going 15-0 with a Title in hand! Side note... I've heard through the grapevine that these Generals will be on the Springers' schedule next year? That could be a barn burner!
Congrats on a big win!
You just may be on to something????? I don't know..... The Generals schedule may have another surprise behind door number two. If things fall into place nobody will be able to question Coach Mills desire to test his team. He scrimmages the best and tries to play the best. This team has already exceeded my expectations. I said earlier in September that Dinwiddie was likely a year away, but dang if I might be wrong. King George, Varina, and Hanover are not to be taken lightly. Time to focus on Powhatan. Good luck to all the teams.

I picked Dale bc my only fear for Dinwiddie is they get into a slug fest with a ball control team and I thought Dale would do that. If that is your strategy, rule 1 - you can’t fall behind.

However, Dinwiddie showed they are head and shoulders above Dale in every way and are certainly the best team south of the James.

With that win last night I am considering Dinwiddie a top 5 team in the state regardless of classification and that is a huge statement considering Freedom PW and HSHS are in that group.

As far as 4B I give Dinwiddie the nod over a tough field. I think KG and Varina could win it too. Something isn’t right with Varina’s offense but maybe the loss to HSHS will fix things. They have too many athletes and should be more explosive. If not now, then when? I do believe Varina hasn’t played their best football yet. It is less about the HSHS loss and more about A few teams hung close with them this year that probably shouldn’t have.

Hanover is the other one you have to be careful. Ultimately they don’t have enough firepower to trade blows with the monsters but they are WELL coached. PH has a history frustrating Dinwiddie and Varina also.

I am sure KG has a whale of a team but I’ll go with what I know. I’ll take Dinwiddie over Varina in the final. Throw out the X’s & O’s… until I see someone stop it I won’t pick against it again.

If your team made the playoffs, well done and good luck!
You should be encouraged, my friend. I remember how you feared that Monacan may not even beat Wythe. You played a good Manchester team, “toe to toe” last night and could have just as easily won. Better times are ahead.

Wasn’t a dig just wanted to point out you have the best teams in your region so good luck the rest of the way. Oh I thought dale might have had a chance boy was I wrong.
My comment was not meant to sound negative. You guys crushed us in 2017. The truth is most fans and even a few coaches knew it was going to happen. Mills coached that team up after losing so much. Louisa was just good! This team is young and very humble. They have a very unexpected maturity about them and they are very businesslike. They aren't looking past anyone I can promise you that. Good luck to the Lions.

My comment was not meant to sound negative. You guys crushed us in 2017. The truth is most fans and even a few coaches knew it was going to happen. Mills coached that team up after losing so much. Louisa was just good! This team is young and very humble. They have a very unexpected maturity about them and they are very businesslike. They aren't looking past anyone I can promise you that. Good luck to the Lions.
I like what I see after out team makes a good play or scores. No excessive celebrating, No showboating. Just excitement and race off to the sidelines. Even on the sidelines there are a few high fives and pats on the back, then it’s back to work. I guess the effort can be called workmanlike.

My concern going into last night was how well would Dinwiddie do against Thomas Dale's qb because 4B seems to have a couple of really good duel threat QBs. Safe to say the defense passed that test and should be able to handle these guys when the time comes

You just may be on to something????? I don't know..... The Generals schedule may have another surprise behind door number two. If things fall into place nobody will be able to question Coach Mills desire to test his team. He scrimmages the best and tries to play the best. This team has already exceeded my expectations. I said earlier in September that Dinwiddie was likely a year away, but dang if I might be wrong. King George, Varina, and Hanover are not to be taken lightly. Time to focus on Powhatan. Good luck to all the teams.
I hope so!! HS and Dinwiddie has had some epic battles over the years. I'm a big fan of Big Blue, Coach Mills does a great job and is always in contention for a title! Good luck in the playoffs! Getting together with DP and BN is always on my list of "to dos"!

Hanover has 2 qb's that can run and pass. Going to be tough to defend the big one. He is a load. King George bothers me the most. They have physical receivers and running back that looks like a wrecking ball with arms and legs. Their defense is stout too. Varina could be an instant classic as well. This region is going to be a grind and the winner may come out a little gimpy.

I hope so!! HS and Dinwiddie has had some epic battles with Dinwiddie over the years. I'm a big fan of Big Blue, Coach Mills does a great job and is always in contention for a title! Good luck in the playoffs!
I have heard the rumors as well, so you may be right on it. I am fully aware of our other note worthy ood opponent just don't think the contracts have been signed yet. First three games will be like the playoffs for the Generals if our suspicion comes to fruition. Been a long time (2010) since we last locked horns.

I like what I see after out team makes a good play or scores. No excessive celebrating, No showboating. Just excitement and race off to the sidelines. Even on the sidelines there are a few high fives and pats on the back, then it’s back to work. I guess the effort can be called workmanlike.
That is a good sign for sure. This year, the same is happening at HS. Both of these teams seem very focused on the big prize at the end. No nonsense, just smash mouth football! At Varina last night, I kind of got giddy and chuckled a bit when HS lined up in the wishbone formation and ran right at Varina's defense. It was clear that the Varina D was in deep trouble with HS's run game. Add K-Mart (Khristian Martin) tossing the ball... it was apparent, they were in deep doo doo!

That is a good sign for sure. This year, the same is happening at HS. Both of these teams seem very focused on the big prize at the end. No nonsense, just smash mouth football! At Varina last night, I kind of got giddy and chuckled a bit when HS lined up in the wishbone formation and ran right at Varina's defense. It was clear that the Varina D was in deep trouble with HS's run game. Add K-Mart (Khristian Martin) tossing the ball... it was apparent, they were in deep doo doo!
Can’t fit Dinwiddie in unless it’s a scrimmage. Manchester,Martinsburg,and Miami(Florida) teams are OOD along with Glen Allen and Hermitage. Unless HSHS is allowed to drop another Capital team,Dinwiddie isn’t gonna happen this cycle. Moving up to D6 next yr,playing another D4 team would hurt the point total.

Can’t fit Dinwiddie in unless it’s a scrimmage. Manchester,Martinsburg,and Miami(Florida) teams are OOD along with Glen Allen and Hermitage. Unless HSHS is allowed to drop another Capital team,Dinwiddie isn’t gonna happen this cycle. Moving up to D6 next yr,playing another D4 team would hurt the point total.
With the bonus for playing down it would be like playing a C6 school. Dinwiddie wins a lot of games too, so the points would be really good. IDK if it will happen, but points wouldn't be an issue.

I watched this game last night. Man, y'all smoked Dale last night! I've got you guys going 15-0 with a Title in hand! Side note... I've heard through the grapevine that these Generals will be on the Springers' schedule next year? That could be a barn burner!
Congrats on a big win!
Sorry buddy, that’s just a rumor. We are under contract for the next cycle. Who that is, has not been made public, but it’s not HSHS.

Last edited:
With the bonus for playing down it would be like playing a C6 school. Dinwiddie wins a lot of games too, so the points would be really good. IDK if it will happen, but points wouldn't be an issue.
Mike, do you think that this will ever be understood?

Can’t fit Dinwiddie in unless it’s a scrimmage. Manchester,Martinsburg,and Miami(Florida) teams are OOD along with Glen Allen and Hermitage. Unless HSHS is allowed to drop another Capital team,Dinwiddie isn’t gonna happen this cycle. Moving up to D6 next yr, playing another D4 team would hurt the point total.
Has this Miami Florida deal been inked? We thought the Canton, Ohio deal was happening.... what happened to that one?

No it would not. You get 26 points for playing Dinwiddie plus rider points. If you use this years win totals and you won that would give HSHS 44 points same as you got with Varina this year. Now if Dinwiddie somehow beat the Springers then it would cost you. The point total would only be 20. Now that may be too risky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT