ADVERTISEMENT

#7 GW-Danville @ #2 John Champe

Status
Not open for further replies.
No not at all In fact they are very talented and will give the Spartans all they want ! We are not looking past Amherst and their great history at all ! Believe me I hope Amherst brings it and their fans bring it ! If we lose then you will be playing the following week !That simple !

Last edited:
No not at all In fact they are very talented and will give the Spartans all they want ! We are not looking past Amherst and their great history at all ! Believe me I hope Amherst brings it an their fans bring it ! If we lose then you will be playing the following week !That simple !
Haha just seemed like someone was putting the cart before the horse. Salem of course is heavily favored but this is the playoffs and anything can happen and that is why they play the games. Hopefully will be a close game and most of all an injury free one!

Reactions: OMHDC and pit1fan
Yes it was very underrated , the final score was lopsided, but it was a better game than that
I agree. It was very action packed. A lot of scoring and a lot of hard hits. GW was driving in the 3rd down 28-21 but fumbled and I don't think the 2014 Seahawks defense could have stopped Alex Ramsey that day. Was on the edge of my seat all game. If these two would play this year it would be a lot closer with lot of points scored and numerous big time plays would be made.

Champe wins by two scores. Champe's QB (Burdick) is the difference. GW sportsmanship/discipline will also play a role in their demise. Champe kids have a little "edge" to them but know when to dial it down. Don't think that is the case with GWD.

Champe wins by two scores. Champe's QB (Burdick) is the difference. GW sportsmanship/discipline will also play a role in their demise. Champe kids have a little "edge" to them but know when to dial it down. Don't think that is the case with GWD.
I guess the "thugs" from Danville will be the next discussion and how they acted at Salem last year. Just so you know, there has been zero unsportsmanlike penalties called on GW this year and that game last year was very uncharacteristic and should not have went down the way they behaved. I value your opinion on the outcome, but I'd make sure next time I knew what I was talking about before I spoke especially on high character student athletes like GW has on their team. GL to both teams Friday.

Reactions: Lewis918777
@bceagle47 Two scores? Not this week GW is more ready than you think. Champe is a good team but this is this playoffs and the 4A west is tough top to bottom. Champe like to pass the ball alot and GW has very good DB's. GL to both should be interesting.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I guess the "thugs" from Danville will be the next discussion and how they acted at Salem last year. Just so you know, there has been zero unsportsmanlike penalties called on GW this year and that game last year was very uncharacteristic and should not have went down the way they behaved. I value your opinion on the outcome, but I'd make sure next time I knew what I was talking about before I spoke especially on high character student athletes like GW has on their team. GL to both teams Friday.
Last year's Salem game doesn't need to be rehashed. GW could have handled themselves much better regardless of the contributing factors. Character is generally tested when you are in competitive games that actually mean something which is a situation GW hasn't faced with any frequency this year so far, which might also explain the lack of unsportsmanlike penalties. I am not saying GW has bad kids just that there hasn't really been situations where your theory would be tested so far but, I suspect that will change in the coming weeks.

Reactions: mike salem
@bceagle47 Two scores? Not this week GW is more ready than you think. Champe is a good team but this is this playoffs and the 4A west is tough top to bottom. Champe like to pass the ball alot and GW has very good DB's. GL to both should be interesting.
GL to GW Friday, would like to see a rematch with Salem, assuming they get by Amherst of course.

Last year's Salem game doesn't need to be rehashed. GW could have handled themselves much better regardless of the contributing factors. Character is generally tested when you are in competitive games that actually mean something which is a situation GW hasn't faced with any frequency this year so far, which might also explain the lack of unsportsmanlike penalties. I am not saying GW has bad kids just that there hasn't really been situations where your theory would be tested so far but, I suspect that will change in the coming weeks.
Agreed cutnjump but I will also like to add with the abundance of local schools on GW's schedule and let's be real...MV, Martinsville, Dan River, Glass, they all HATE GW. Could've very easy been a couple of bad situations but I think GW has handled theirselves well and they have some good kids on their team. Also the Vance game where Vance was talking a lot of trash and getting the best of GW. GW had no incidents. I think they learned that you don't behave like they behaved at Salem no matter what the circumstances are. Kudos to Coach Anderson and his staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1MoreHokie
Agreed cutnjump but I will also like to add with the abundance of local schools on GW's schedule and let's be real...MV, Martinsville, Dan River, Glass, they all HATE GW. Could've very easy been a couple of bad situations but I think GW has handled theirselves well and they have some good kids on their team. I think they learned that you don't behave like they behaved at Salem no matter what the circumstances are. Kudos to Coach Anderson and his staff.
Halifax sees GW as their No 1 rival.
Keeping cool was a point of emphasis during the MV game.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Halifax sees GW as their No 1 rival.
Keeping cool was a point of emphasis during the MV game.
Tommy you're exactly right. Last year at the basketball game in South Boston the fans wanted to fight the GW players. GW has a bull's eye on them especially in the area. They're proving all stereotypes about their character wrong. Great kids in the program in Danville.

Agreed cutnjump but I will also like to add with the abundance of local schools on GW's schedule and let's be real...MV, Martinsville, Dan River, Glass, they all HATE GW. Could've very easy been a couple of bad situations but I think GW has handled theirselves well and they have some good kids on their team. Also the Vance game where Vance was talking a lot of trash and getting the best of GW. GW had no incidents. I think they learned that you don't behave like they behaved at Salem no matter what the circumstances are. Kudos to Coach Anderson and his staff.
No matter what the circumstances are? What exactly were the circumstances?
GO SALEM
GO MULES

No matter what the circumstances are? What exactly were the circumstances?
GO SALEM
GO MULES
We already went over this. With all respects to Rod, who does a fine job with running this board, I will not give my opinion on this matter because he's given us all warning. Not that I have anything so bad to say, but I know that that was a very very heated discussion last November. Salem won and that's all that should matter to you as a Salem fan. GL against Amherst Friday. God willing, hope to see you next week.

We already went over this. With all respects to Rod, who does a fine job with running this board, I will not give my opinion on this matter because he's given us all warning. Not that I have anything so bad to say, but I know that that was a very very heated discussion last November. Salem won and that's all that should matter to you as a Salem fan. GL against Amherst Friday. God willing, hope to see you next week.
I'm simply asking you to clarify. You keep citing " the circumstances" and the implication is that we did something to provoke you. We didn't!
GO SALEM
GO MULES

Define "edge".
GO SALEM
GO MULES
If that's your opinion then you're entitled to that. End of discussion.

c13629797876df67c9286b2683b42760.500x239x15.gif

I'm simply asking you to clarify. You keep citing " the circumstances" and the implication is that we did something to provoke you. We didn't!
GO SALEM
GO MULES

Define "edge".
GO SALEM
GO MULES

Fact, not opinion!
GO SALEM
GO MULES

take_it_down_a_notch_classic_round_sticker-rec0e3cdc3a1b4124a5499675562d2e98_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg

How big is GW-Danville on the O-line and D-line?
Decent size. The offensive line is much much better than last year as Anderson's weight program is paying dividends. The d-line features 3 D1 prospects in Curtis Brooks (6'4 255), Malek Henderson (6'3 235), and Ant Long (6'1 300). Jeremy Deshazor #55 is also about 6'1 230. Big athletic line who gets to the football. GW's offense is good (I'd give them a B+) but their defense is the one to look out for. Much improved.

Last edited:
Come on DanvilleSportsHead!! I don't think any Piedmont District teams hate GW. Magna Vista and GW game this past year spoke for it's self. They all have a mutual respect for eachother. Magna Vista wanted GW to play after them in State Championship last year. It was great Sportsmanship this past game and the GW players can speak for that themselves. Ask CJ Graves who was the first person to pick him up after the game after they won and he collapsed to the ground because he exhausted. It wasn't his teammates but it was Magna Vista's trash talking #9 Jason Scales. I saw that all the way from the stands and CJ fell in his arms. Hate is a strong word and I definitely don't agree with that. They definitely respect GW, even with the fight with Martinsville during the basketball game, the next time they played each other, it was a hard fought game in which both teams helped each other and respected each other. Social Media causes alot of problems with these situations.

Come on DanvilleSportsHead!! I don't think any Piedmont District teams hate GW. Magna Vista and GW game this past year spoke for it's self. They all have a mutual respect for eachother. Magna Vista wanted GW to play after them in State Championship last year. It was great Sportsmanship this past game and the GW players can speak for that themselves. Ask CJ Graves who was the first person to pick him up after the game after they won and he collapsed to the ground because he exhausted. It wasn't his teammates but it was Magna Vista's trash talking #9 Jason Scales. I saw that all the way from the stands and CJ fell in his arms. Hate is a strong word and I definitely don't agree with that. They definitely respect GW, even with the fight with Martinsville during the basketball game, the next time they played each other, it was a hard fought game in which both teams helped each other and respected each other. Social Media causes alot of problems with these situations.
I didn't mean they hate them literally..I do think the actual fans from other schools strongly dislike them (not hate)...I graduated from Tunstall in 2012 and we would have preferred not to play Magna Vista, more or less GW, and that was when GW was in the Western Valley District. GW always brings a "BIG GAME" anytime they're in the Danville/Martinsville/South Boston/Lynchburg area and the kids love the friendly competition and rivalry. I agree with you on the social media. Kids will be kids when they're not monitored. I also feel that the parents egg a lot of drama on . Let the coaches coach and players execute. You'd be surprised some of the things you'll hear from grown people at these games and it's not just in our area, but I'm speaking specifically about our area. In this crazy world, kids need guidance. These are scary times in which we're living in. We have kids killing kids cause they don't understand the value of life, more or less, have any respect for themselves or others. I love hearing stories like you mentioned about Scales helping Graves. I love it! You don't see respect like that everyday.

I didn't mean they hate them literally..I do think the actual fans from other schools strongly dislike them (not hate)...I graduated from Tunstall in 2012 and we would have preferred not to play Magna Vista, more or less GW, and that was when GW was in the Western Valley District. GW always brings a "BIG GAME" anytime they're in the Danville/Martinsville/South Boston/Lynchburg area and the kids love the friendly competition and rivalry. I agree with you on the social media. Kids will be kids when they're not monitored. I also feel that the parents egg a lot of drama on . Let the coaches coach and players execute. You'd be surprised some of the things you'll hear from grown people at these games and it's not just in our area, but I'm speaking specifically about our area. In this crazy world, kids need guidance. These are scary times in which we're living in. We have kids killing kids cause they don't understand the value of life, more or less, have any respect for themselves or others. I love hearing stories like you mentioned about Scales helping Graves. I love it! You don't see respect like that everyday.

I think it's misnamed. I call it "Anti-Social media".

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT