ADVERTISEMENT

75 boyz are back

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Indian River over Varina
Oscar Smith over Herm- running clock
Maury over Dinwiddie- running clock
Phoebus and Maury over the Springers in blowouts.
Heck Churchland came down and beat Hopewell in the final seconds…

I talk a lot of cash about the 804 but the 757 may just be the king of high school football again. Respect to our neighbors down 64 East. Looking forward to some great matchups come playoff time. The 804 will be ready 😈

Haven’t seen a team in 804 that can beat Maury or Phoebus. Dinwiddie is too small, Varina offense isn’t enough, and Huguenot is a year or 2 away in my opinion. What 804 teams could potentially play Maury in c5?

Indian River over Varina

I talk a lot of cash about the 804 but the 757 may just be the king of high school football again. Respect to our neighbors down 64 East. Looking forward to some great matchups come playoff time. The 804 will be ready 😈
I still got your "I love the 757 shirt" to give you. 😆

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Indian River over Varina

We have one win....TJ 34 I.C NORCOM 12

Haven’t seen a team in 804 that can beat Maury or Phoebus. Dinwiddie is too small, Varina offense isn’t enough, and Huguenot is a year or 2 away in my opinion. What 804 teams could potentially play Maury in c5?
Varina and Huguenot can match up with their size and athletes. Beating those two teams remain to be seen. Gotta beat the man before you become the man. Phoebus and Maury are interchangeable 1 and 2 in VA.

I do believe another 804 team is in the fold. Glen Allen is probably going to be Oscar Smith’s biggest 804 competition over Highland Springs and Dale.

Class 5? Gimme LC Bird man.. Matoaca is soft as baby poop. Massaponax was handling them in the first half. Matoaca probably has the best collection of skill guys in all of the 804 though.

Varina and Huguenot can match up with their size and athletes. Beating those two teams remain to be seen. Gotta beat the man before you become the man. Phoebus and Maury are interchangeable 1 and 2 in VA.

I do believe another 804 team is in the fold. Glen Allen is probably going to be Oscar Smith’s biggest 804 competition over Highland Springs and Dale.

Class 5? Gimme LC Bird man.. Matoaca is soft as baby poop. Massaponax was handling them in the first half. Matoaca probably has the best collection of skill guys in all of the 804 though.
Varina and Huguenot are more like Warwick to me. They’d matchup good with them but i don’t see neither team moving the ball on Phoebus enough to beat them this year.

Varina and Huguenot are more like Warwick to me. They’d matchup good with them but i don’t see neither team moving the ball on Phoebus enough to beat them this year.
Great comparison. You know I picked Varina to come out of 4B. Their defense will give yall a run. Just not coached up like yall are. I think Huguenot’s offense could definitely score a few times on yall, don’t think they could get enough stops on D to beat yall though.

Yeah just remember this OL at Phoebus is seasoned. Same OL from the past 2 seasons basically.
I know yall are stacked on both sides. Varina’s offense would struggle mightily but their defense is legit. Ask your people down in the 75 about Bull Richardson. He’s different bro. Varina also got Braylon Hood, Darius Wilson, D1 Carter, Myles Anderson, Tee Jay Cheatham, and another big time junior in Jayden Walker. All those guys will play at least FCS football. They are legit on D.

I know yall are stacked on both sides. Varina’s offense would struggle mightily but their defense is legit. Ask your people down in the 75 about Bull Richardson. He’s different bro. Varina also got Braylon Hood, Darius Wilson, D1 Carter, Myles Anderson, Tee Jay Cheatham, and another big time junior in Jayden Walker. All those guys will play at least FCS football. They are legit on D.
Yeah they have a good defense similar to Warwick. I don’t think they will hold up against the top teams.

Phoebus deserves to be looked at as a step above all of the 4B teams at the moment. But I think whoever comes out of 4B will be tough as steal and it will be a close game.

Good choices but I still have Dinwiddie coming outta 4B. In the playoffs, I trust and respect Billy Mills and Harry D too much to pick against them in that region.

This is an interesting topic. Offer no excuses about the Friday night result. The Dinwiddie fans were fully aware of what could happen and it did. Our "small" 40 homegrown kids got a full dose of D1 power five talent and took our tail beating.

I do find it interesting that every team mentioned is an all star team from its surrounding area. Not going to deny the fact that the 757 is loaded with talent.
Throughout the state the better teams mentioned can easily reload with transfers/open enrollment.

@BoKnowsSports you mentioned Churchland beating Hopewell. Can you fathom how good the Truckers would be if they would not have lost their best players to Maury. Two of them just destroyed Dinwiddie.

I am not trying to pick on the 757 nor am I whining. People, right or wrong 22 really good kids have transferred to Maury in 2 years. Hell a prominent Maury person acknowledged this fact before the game and even said "We only got seven transfers in this year". Just seven? He further noted the Commodore's did lose a few backups to Granby. Freedom Woodbridge/Hayfield 15-17 Huguenot 16-18. Even Phoebus has acknowledged kids leaving other Hampton schools and playing for Phoebus.

There is a reason, most (not all) of the Hampton, Portsmouth, and Norfolk schools are struggling to compete. Stick your chests out if you want, but ask yourself could my team dominate like this with kids zoned in my area?

The member schools/VHSL are waking up and growing tired of the AAU style recruitment. There is a lot of in fighting in both of the 757 and 804 regions right now regarding this matter and the fallout is right around the corner. Win while you can.

I figured Lake Taylor being as down as they are would've set the alarm bells off in Norfolk. No way a program like that should be struggling the way they are.
I would have go back and check, but several years ago Devils talked about LT becoming a speciality school and how kids could transfer in. Maybe that has hurt them.

Last edited:
This is an interesting topic. Offer no excuses about the Friday night result. The Dinwiddie fans were fully aware of what could happen and it did. Our "small" 40 homegrown kids got a full dose of D1 power five talent and took our tail beating.

I do find it interesting that every team mentioned is an all star team from its surrounding area. Not going to deny the fact that the 757 is loaded with talent.
Throughout the state the better teams mentioned can easily reload with transfers/open enrollment.

@BoKnowsSports you mentioned Churchland beating Hopewell. Can you fathom how good the Truckers would be if they would not have lost their best players to Maury. Two of them just destroyed Dinwiddie.

I am not trying to pick on the 757 nor am I whining. People, right or wrong 22 really good kids have transferred to Maury in 2 years. Hell a prominent Maury person acknowledged this fact before the game and even said "We only got seven transfers in this year". Just seven? He further noted the Commodore's did lose a few backups to Granby. Freedom Woodbridge/Hayfield 15-17 Huguenot 16-18. Even Phoebus has acknowledged kids leaving other Hampton schools and playing for Phoebus.

There is a reason, most (not all) of the Hampton, Portsmouth, and Norfolk schools are struggling to compete. Stick your chests out if you want, but ask yourself could my team dominate like this with kids zoned in my area?

The member schools/VHSL are waking up and growing tired of the AAU style recruitment. There is a lot of in fighting in both of the 757 and 804 regions right now regarding this matter and the fallout is right around the corner. Win while you can.
Great post Navy! Maury, Hayfield, Phoebus, Highland Springs, Huguenot, etc are all, all star teams. It’s a huge reason why there’s no parity in VA high school sports. As bad as the Hayfield “scandal” is, look at the John Marshall bull jive in basketball. That’s a literal AAU team (Team Loaded) playing Clarke County, Tazewell, Nottoway, Martinsville, etc in basketball. It’s wild to me. On top of everything the play has fallen off tremendously and these schools want $8-$10 per ticket for regular season games now. Kids just don’t give the same pride and effort anymore, especially if they feel like they’re going up against a better opponent. I’m just fortunate I have a VHSL pass. I went to a local volleyball game and tickets were $8. It’s insane the state of high school sports in our state. It’s not about the kids anymore.

Great post Navy! Maury, Hayfield, Phoebus, Highland Springs, Huguenot, etc are all, all star teams. It’s a huge reason why there’s no parity in VA high school sports. As bad as the Hayfield “scandal” is, look at the John Marshall bull jive in basketball. That’s a literal AAU team (Team Loaded) playing Clarke County, Tazewell, Nottoway, Martinsville, etc in basketball. It’s wild to me. On top of everything the play has fallen off tremendously and these schools want $8-$10 per ticket for regular season games now. Kids just don’t give the same pride and effort anymore, especially if they feel like they’re going up against a better opponent. I’m just fortunate I have a VHSL pass. I went to a local volleyball game and tickets were $8. It’s insane the state of high school sports in our state. It’s not about the kids anymore.
Not sure if you saw this or not:
https://www.on3.com/db/ladarius-givan-236715/.

Ladarius Givan 6’9, 4 star from Alabama just transferred into John Marshall high school in Richmond. Unreal!

For me, it isn’t the fact that there are super teams. It is the fact that many people are soooo tone deaf that they would brag about beating regular teams by 50pts etc. Remember last year Freedom beat Colgan (a new school - seniors) and scored 117 pts or something close? Remember when Manchester scored 70pts on Hermitage with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter a few years ago? Even more mind boggling is many people on this board actually tried to defend and justify it.

One thing I will say is, regarding Huguenot, I have been pleasantly surprised with how humble they are so far. Big game this week for them against Powhatan.

I think my favorite team in the state is the Armstrong Wildcats outside of my own team.

Not sure if you saw this or not:
https://www.on3.com/db/ladarius-givan-236715/.

Ladarius Givan 6’9, 4 star from Alabama just transferred into John Marshall high school in Richmond. Unreal!

For me, it isn’t the fact that there are super teams. It is the fact that many people are soooo tone deaf that they would brag about beating regular teams by 50pts etc. Remember last year Freedom beat Colgan (a new school - seniors) and scored 117 pts or something close? Remember when Manchester scored 70pts on Hermitage with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter a few years ago? Even more mind boggling is many people on this board actually tried to defend and justify it.

One thing I will say is, regarding Huguenot, I have been pleasantly surprised with how humble they are so far. Big game this week for them against Powhatan.

I think my favorite team in the state is the Armstrong Wildcats outside of my own team.
Unreal! I guess his parents just up and moved to VA. Plain BS. I am truly proud of our family base. We knew what was likely to happen and still traveled very well. We will continue to run what we brung and play hard. Coach Mills didn't back down and based on what I know about our schedule next year we will keep swinging for the fences. Not listening to the fraud programs beat their chest anymore. Can't wait till the door hits in them in the tail.

@BoKnowsSports it is about money and greed. That why the member schools turn a blind eye.

Last edited:

Essentially this was my point when I posted something on the Hayfield thread. People point fingers at Coach O and Hayfield but what about Highland Springs, what about Maury, what about Huguenot on and on. There’s several other programs in the state doing this and are flying under the radar. Time is ticking before it all gets exposed and the vhsl actually does something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT