ADVERTISEMENT

804 missing from the party

BruiserZ

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2023
Admittedly I have no room to talk as a PH Roanoke fan, and you all will see this as a troll comment, BUT there were 12 teams in the state finals last weekend and Highland Springs was the sole representative from RVA area and the 804. What’s up with that?

3 state champs from Lynchburg west and almost a 4th in Salem. This part of the state showed out.

Reactions: VolNation85
The 804 has had at least one team in the state championship every year since 2012. We will be fine. Attribute it to a down year for a couple of schools.
That's a great testament to football in the Richmond area! It reminded me of an article that I read in the Lynchburg newspaper. There has been a team from the Lynchburg area in a state championship game every year since 2002, including 1 this year with LCA. Not sure how many wins those teams have but I would guess it's more than 50%.

That's a great testament to football in the Richmond area! It reminded me of an article that I read in the Lynchburg newspaper. There has been a team from the Lynchburg area in a state championship game every year since 2002, including 1 this year with LCA. Not sure how many wins those teams have but I would guess it's more than 50%.
All that is nice and congratulations to Lynchburg and the 804. With the playoff expansions where all that is really required to make the playoffs these days is an ability to fog a mirror strings like that are much more likely than in former times. My opinion, and just my opinion, is that the general excitement you saw across the board on championship weekend that really does not exist with enough frequency in earlier rounds might be achievable were the VHSL to reduce the number of classifications and reduce the region qualifiers. The appropriate number(4, 6, 8) could be determined for each 2 year cycle by the number of playoff teams with .500 or better records in the previous cycle.

If you were going to beat an 804 team, this was the year to do it. Huguenot, Varina, Highland Springs, and Dinwiddie will all be amongst the best teams in the state next year regardless of classification. We’ll be back stronger than ever next year.

Reactions: General172011
The fact that 4B houses 3 of those teams is ludicrous
1. Dinwiddie will have the best player in C4 and will get a couple of impact transfers to go along with what they already return. Harry Dalton is unreal and I’m excited to see the freshman Boisseau develop and take the next steps this summer. Y’all were very young and got some good reps in against an offensive juggernaut in the last game. Dinwiddie will be special.

2. Huguenot’s freshmen has picked up 3-4 major P5 offers in the past couple of days. That’s a testament of how young but good they were last year. They’ll be as good as KG was this year when it’s all said and done. Michael Dabney Jr and John John Washington instantly gives those guys a top 3 backfield in the state, regardless of class, behind that massive line. I’m “gonna stand on business” with this one.. Manchester beats Highland Springs if Jason Wright is their QB. The kid is legit and I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t put up 2,500 yards passing with all the weapons he has.

3. Varina’s defense will be downright nasty. Between Bull Richardson, Darius Wilson and Braylon Hood, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better front 7 in C4. Coach Daryl Overton of Freedom told me to my face that Bull Richardson was the best player his team has gone up against. That’s love. Varina has some running backs and D1 Carter will just be a junior.

4B is NASTY. King George was a special team, sent a lot of DOGS home this year.

1. Dinwiddie will have the best player in C4 and will get a couple of impact transfers to go along with what they already return. Harry Dalton is unreal and I’m excited to see the freshman Boisseau develop and take the next steps this summer. Y’all were very young and got some good reps in against an offensive juggernaut in the last game. Dinwiddie will be special.

2. Huguenot’s freshmen has picked up 3-4 major P5 offers in the past couple of days. That’s a testament of how young but good they were last year. They’ll be as good as KG was this year when it’s all said and done. Michael Dabney Jr and John John Washington instantly gives those guys a top 3 backfield in the state, regardless of class, behind that massive line. I’m “gonna stand on business” with this one.. Manchester beats Highland Springs if Jason Wright is their QB. The kid is legit and I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t put up 2,500 yards passing with all the weapons he has.

3. Varina’s defense will be downright nasty. Between Bull Richardson, Darius Wilson and Braylon Hood, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better front 7 in C4. Coach Daryl Overton of Freedom told me to my face that Bull Richardson was the best player his team has gone up against. That’s love. Varina has some running backs and D1 Carter will just be a junior.

4B is NASTY. King George was a special team, sent a lot of DOGS home this year.
Who is the Huguenot freshman?

Last edited:
Since the region inception in 2017 has there been a tougher region than 4B consistently!?
2017:
10-0 Dinwiddie
10-0 Monacan
10-0 Louisa
10-0 EV

2018:
10-0 Louisa
9-1 Dinwiddie
9-1 Monacan
10-0 EV

2019: The Top 4 seed were upset & the Region Championship was #5 PH-Ashland v #7 Dinwiddie (Worst Officiating game I’ve ever seen)

2020* COVID

2021:
9-0 Dinwiddie
10-0 KG
9-1 Varina
9-1 Matoaca

2022:
10-0 Dinwiddie
10-0 KG
8-2 Varina
8-2 Hanover

2023:
10-0 KG
8-2 Varina
7-2 Huguenot
7-3 Dinwiddie

4B is consistently a heavyweight fight at the top. Only one year has there been utter mayhem amongst the 8 seeds. Next year is gonna be more of the same I can’t wait 🤓🍿
I think 2024 goes:

1. Dinwiddie 9-1
2. Varina 9-1
3. Huguenot 10-0
4. Eastern View 10-0

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT