ADVERTISEMENT

ADM Numbers Impact On Richmond Region

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
This is somewhat discussed in a post that our friend DP shared but that encompasses the entirety of Class 4, I'm here to point out the changes as it pertains to the Richmond Region.

Class 4 sees two changes...

Midlothian will move up from Class 4 to Class 5
Lee-Davis will drop from Class 5 to Class 4

Interesting notes however...

Lee-Davis is in the top five of Class 4 so they could easily have been 5 again.
Atlee was 5 spots out of dropping to Class 4.
Varina was 3 spots out of dropping to Class 4.

This is somewhat discussed in a post that our friend DP shared but that encompasses the entirety of Class 4, I'm here to point out the changes as it pertains to the Richmond Region.

Class 4 sees two changes...

Midlothian will move up from Class 4 to Class 5
Lee-Davis will drop from Class 5 to Class 4

Interesting notes however...

Lee-Davis is in the top five of Class 4 so they could easily have been 5 again.
Atlee was 5 spots out of dropping to Class 4.
Varina was 3 spots out of dropping to Class 4.

4B looks to be growing soon. They could likely be in line to gain Orange County, Culpeper and Spotsylvania which would put them at 16 schools, up from 13 currently.

4D could lose Charlottesville, Byrd, LCA while only gaining Halifax. Going from 12 to 10 schools.

I know VHSL doesn't mind imbalance between regions as long as schools are ok with it. Will be interesting to see what ADs and Principals in 4B decide to do. EV/Culpeper moving to 4C seems most geographically sound if they are going to try to move schools out but that'll be something to keep an eye on once the numbers are finalized.

Additional information affecting re-alignment.

PM SECTION 10: CLASSIFICATION (5-15)-Beginning with the 2015-16 school year, at the mid-point of a four-year cycle a school will remain in its current classification if the school is no more than 5% above the highest school's previous ADM within the classification in which it had been assigned.

So you "numbers" gals and guys crunch this 5% factor and tell us who gets to stay and who gets re-classified, please.

Reactions: one man
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT