ADVERTISEMENT

Altavista over Sussex in the 2nd

I’ve been listening online. It was big for Sussex to tie it up before the half. Gonna be an entertaining second half.

Reactions: uvacavs1
16-16 tied up at the half.

A-town ran out of time deep in the red zone at the end of the half. Several flags on Altavista during the 1st half.

Sounds like a wild one down there.

It has been really entertaining listening to the Altavista radio guys trying to figure out and understand the "kicking game strategy" of Sussex....

Those dudes are a hoot...

Reactions: Jdavis54
22-16 Altavista. A-town had another flag on the conversion and then did not convert.

I think that Altavista has had the ball 5 times and drove into the red zone each time. They had a turnover in the 1st q.

Of course, Sussex has been in the red zone too almost every time except for maybe a turnover.

Again, great job by the radio guys.

A-town turned the ball over when Sussex stopped them on the 4 yard line on a 4th and goal.

22-16 Altavista with less then 8 minutes left in the game.

Sussex driving...

Sussex stopped on a 4th down.

A-town with the ball and driving. Less than 5 min left in game..

Just went inside the 10...

Sussex with another goal line stand.

The Tigers have the ball with 97 yards to go with about 3 minutes left.

I guess that nobody down there can kick a short field goal....

Sussex was driving and just with a long 50 yard pass/run...then fumbled the ball.

A-town with the ball again...Crazy game.

Altavista holds on and wins it - 22-16....

1st and only loss for Sussex since the Essex loss at the beginning of the season.

Reactions: lyhsports
Interesting for the radio guys - 105.5 in the Altavista area.

Whoever A-town plays from the Northumberland v Essex Region A Championship game, the local Essex/Northern Neck radio station that covers the playoff games is also 105.5 in the Tappahannock area (or their sister station).

I took Altavista in the pickem to win this. Not being disrespectful to Sussex, but I told you guys the same night Altavista scored a ton of points on Appomattox, that this team will play in the semi's and have a decent chance at beating Essex. I heard the comments about Appo being down this year and all of that. Appo is still very solid and you don't score that many points on Appo, even in 2023, and not be a very, very good Class 1 football team.

I think Essex wil win over Altavista, but definitely not a sure win. Altavista can beat Essex. I said this the night Altavista beat Appomattox that bad.......that Altavista is actually good enough to win a state title. I'm not predicting them to win a state title, but they have enough talent to do so and people have seemingly just talked about Essex, Sussex, Honaker, Grayson, George Wythe all year with very little mention of Altavista. The game tonight was not an upset. It was a 50-50 game before kickoff.

Reactions: oldfool2
Good win for Altavista. Sussex had chances and you have to convert against good teams. I wasn’t sure of A town until tonight. They are legit……

Good win for Altavista. Sussex had chances and you have to convert against good teams. I wasn’t sure of A town until tonight. They are legit……
If a team scores that many on Appomattox, in my opinion, I don't need to see them, they are legit.

Same for Riverheads. If Riverheads beats Christiansburg, I don't need to see Riverheads, they are legit. Some scores just stick out and are so wild that the score speaks for itself.

Agreed but I thought Appo was down this year at the point they beat them, so I wasn’t convinced. Foolish of me having seen what Appo did down the stretch.

Reactions: oldfool2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT