ADVERTISEMENT

Am i the only one that wants William Byrd to crush Salem?

Probably won't happen but wouldn't it be nice. It's fan related nothing to do with the kids.

I doubt you're the only one. I'm sure there are a number of people who would love to see that happen. I predict salem win's by 2 or 3 td's.

Not having a dog in the WB/Salem game, I have found myself pulling for WB and their incredibly small (numbers wise) roster. Besides, I hope teams like WB and Eastern View crash the 4A party.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Haters gunna hate.. No biggie though. We've been the hated in Salem for decades now so we are used to it. It's just like when people pull against Duke basketball, Alabama football and the Patriots. We wear it like a badge of honor.

Reactions: Salem1306
No surprise I want William Byrd to win. Now waiting for the backlash
Big surprise. Wikki wants Salem to lose. Don't know how we are gonna handle that news down here in Salem, it's so unexpected. When are people going to realize that Salem fans feed off your hate. It's like a nice fresh cup of coffee on a crisp morning; warms our hearts and gets us going. Love it, love it, give me some more of it!

Go Salem ,

Go Indians! Still have a hard time thinking of y'all as Bruins; I can only imagine how you must feel. Actually, having seen my college alma mater go from "Indians" to "Tribe", and be forced to drop those two sinister feathers from the logo, I do have some idea how you feel.

Anyway, here's hoping B'burg gets it done again this week.

Every story needs a villain. As bad as some Salem posters get sometimes at least people complaining about Salem beats the soulless smiles and endless platitudes that otherwise exist on this board. Saying you want another team to lose or that you enjoy them losing doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you a normal sports fan. I also don't care that Amherst fans hate Salem, they should hate Salem for the Salem reason Salem fans should hate them: we've very likely stopped each other from more state titles (when have we ever met in the POs where the winner didn't win state?)

Some of you take all this stuff personally. It's harmless trash talk.

This buds for you @mbonape1. If my Generals make it to final I would love for it to be against Salem. I dont want to wait until game three of next year.

I dont hate or even have a small bit of disdain for the Spartan program, but I would like to see how the ultimate contrast in styles would play out. The Generals realize the beef Salem brings to the table, but I wonder if the Spartans have faced anyone who can spread them out defensively like Dinwiddie?

Its a bit early to talk smack, but I can dream. Can't look too far ahead we have a date Friday with a well respected Titan team.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbonape1
Ha yeah that would be great to see... sad thing is I picked Cville to beat Woodgrove. The west final has the potential to maybe even be stranger than the east final. I think I may have Woodgrove as my fav to come out of the west this year. If Salem is tht good pounding the rock... they'd be even better if they spread the field 50% of the time. Almost the whole east is basically a "run & shoot" offense at this point. Thats why I say the scores are going to be so high bc you either score in 2 minutes or punt the ball and the cycle repeats itself. Is anybody remaining in the west a pass first offense?

Basketball! I was wondering who would be first. It just amazes me that Sslem fans get upset when others don't pick them to win. Hey I just pull for the underdog and that is Byrd

If you pull for the underdog, shouldn't you pull for salem. Since salem is a #3 seed & Byrd is a #2 Seed, & at home. doesn't that make salem the underdog?

Reactions: Cats and Dogs
Haters gunna hate.. No biggie though. We've been the hated in Salem for decades now so we are used to it. It's just like when people pull against Duke basketball, Alabama football and the Patriots. We wear it like a badge of honor.

People on here don't hate on the players or coaches from Salem - Salem is a respected program. People on here hate the idiotic comments from Salem fans (who have nothing to do with the program) who put themselves in the same category as the Yankees, Alabama, and New England Patriots. No one is jealous you win - there would be a lot of people hating on a lot of teams (Lake Taylor and Dinwiddie to a name a couple) before hating on Salem because there are plenty of teams who win more than you. People don't like you because you make these ignorant comments and seem to believe them.

So people on here will root for Salem to lose so they can rub it in your face and get you to shut the hell up - really has nothing to do with Salem's players and coaches who we all respect (those guys that actually go out and win) - but everything to do with those of you who watch from afar hoping Salem succeeds so you have something to feel good about - something in your life that makes you feel better than others - something you can't achieve on your own. Enjoy that feeling of accomplishment when Salem (not you) wins - just don't come on here and call youself Alabama and there won't be any issues.

Reactions: wikki
It doesn't happen often but Salem does get crushed. Lake Taylor, Cave Spring and Pulaski in the past few years. William Byrd is a good team who always plays their best football against Salem. I don't see them crushing Salem but they certainly have a good chance of winning.

If you pull for the underdog, shouldn't you pull for salem. Since salem is a #3 seed & Byrd is a #2 Seed, & at home. doesn't that make salem the underdog?
Nope because SALEM is SALEM remember. Underdog to me is someone who hasn't won State in a while

Big surprise. Wikki wants Salem to lose. Don't know how we are gonna handle that news down here in Salem, it's so unexpected. When are people going to realize that Salem fans feed off your hate. It's like a nice fresh cup of coffee on a crisp morning; warms our hearts and gets us going. Love it, love it, give me some more of it!
Don't put words in my mouth, I never said hate and don't hate Salem just want someone different to win state is all. Have a Happy Thanksgiving Southbottom

Hey Wikki, what are you cooking up for your Thanhsgiving meal?

And I see where the wildfires have burnt a lot of acres in Amherst. I hope your property is safe?

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Hey Wikki, what are you cooking up for your Thanhsgiving meal?

And I see where the wildfires have burnt a lot of acres in Amherst. I hope your property is safe?
I am going to someone else's house for Thanksgiving but I am making a sweet potato casserole. I used to cook the entire meal and have people over but things changed and I am okay with it. As far as the fire in Amherst is not good and they are hoping for rain. I was born and raised in Amherst but live in Lynchburg now but will always support my Lancers. Thanks for asking. I am pulling for you guys to win the states. As you know I worked many state games to serve the big wigs and I must say Dinwiddie were the nicest people I met for that length of time. Some teams barely acknowledge
Every story needs a villain. As bad as some Salem posters get sometimes at least people complaining about Salem beats the soulless smiles and endless platitudes that otherwise exist on this board. Saying you want another team to lose or that you enjoy them losing doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you a normal sports fan. I also don't care that Amherst fans hate Salem, they should hate Salem for the Salem reason Salem fans should hate them: we've very likely stopped each other from more state titles (when have we ever met in the POs where the winner didn't win state?)

Some of you take all this stuff personally. It's harmless trash talk.
i actually enjoy that it upsets people on who I pick or want to win

You are a special person Wikki. I'm glad to call you my friend.
Me too I'm glad I met you. I actually like everyone on here even Southbottom who I have never met, just passionate fans loving their team. You can ask anyone in Amherst and they will tell you who is the biggest fan is. I love the players at Amherst and as a Booster make sure we give them whatever they need.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving Wikki. Expect very close game at Byrd tomorrow night. Byrd knows who they are and who their not. They are one of the few teams that match Salems physicality (there are others like Amherst and LakeTaylor), but Salem plays them on a regular basis and they have always been tough on the Spartans. This is probably Byrd's best team ever and you kind of get the feeling they are a team of destiny.

It will take more than one running back like Basham to beat Salem. A one back team cannot beat the Spartans. If Highfill mixes in some deep passes, it might be close.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving Wikki. Expect very close game at Byrd tomorrow night. Byrd knows who they are and who their not. They are one of the few teams that match Salems physicality (there are others like Amherst and LakeTaylor), but Salem plays them on a regular basis and they have always been tough on the Spartans. This is probably Byrd's best team ever and you kind of get the feeling they are a team of destiny.
I know they played you guys tough the first time and it went to OT not sure if they have improved since then but I know Salem has. Amherst was better at the beginning of the season. When the QB got hurt we lost the next game. They didn't seem to get it back for several games. I think we played Pulsski really well but we were much better than Dominion and had several opportunities to go ahead by two TDs but turning the ball over 4 times within the 3 yard line killed us. They scored when we should have. I was very sad for this group of guys because they were one of my favorites of Amherst and it broke my heart. I was hoping for another Salem and Amherst playoff game, it would have been packed. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving

People on here don't hate on the players or coaches from Salem - Salem is a respected program. People on here hate the idiotic comments from Salem fans (who have nothing to do with the program) who put themselves in the same category as the Yankees, Alabama, and New England Patriots. No one is jealous you win - there would be a lot of people hating on a lot of teams (Lake Taylor and Dinwiddie to a name a couple) before hating on Salem because there are plenty of teams who win more than you. People don't like you because you make these ignorant comments and seem to believe them.

So people on here will root for Salem to lose so they can rub it in your face and get you to shut the hell up - really has nothing to do with Salem's players and coaches who we all respect (those guys that actually go out and win) - but everything to do with those of you who watch from afar hoping Salem succeeds so you have something to feel good about - something in your life that makes you feel better than others - something you can't achieve on your own. Enjoy that feeling of accomplishment when Salem (not you) wins - just don't come on here and call youself Alabama and there won't be any issues.

Wow that was a very passionate post. Not quite sure why you took my very harmless post so personal but ok.. SMH.
There wasn't a single thing I said in my post that's not true. I was born and raised in Salem and played for the Spartans during the Coach White years so believe me when I tell you that Salem is hated for many reason and one of those is because we have won so often thoughout the years. I certainly don't think my comparisons to those other teams were inaccurate at all. All you have to do is look at the numbers.
Lastly, I don't feel like my life is better than others when my team wins. However, I do feel sense of pride like many Salemites do (Especially ex players). In Salem many feel like we played a part in building some of the foundation that has made our program one of the most successful in the State for 30+ years.

Paper picks Salem 35. 20. I just don't think it will be that easy. Late td or field goal wins this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT