ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst Coaching search

Not going down that road because people get in their feelings over football can’t imagine a political debate. Just sounds like somebody thinks they know something but doesn’t want to spill the beans. Or they are fishing for attention.

Reactions: wikki
Not going down that road because people get in their feelings over football can’t imagine a political debate. Just sounds like somebody thinks they know something but doesn’t want to spill the beans. Or they are fishing for attention.
I was just being funny. I personally don’t know anything just rumors.

I wasn’t referring to your posts, but rather to the politics win again. Sounds like the rumor is a coach that somebody doesn’t approve. Anytime a k decision is made that people don’t agree with they always throw the politics line. If a kid gets cut from a team it’s because of politics. Rarely do you hear my son was not as good as the other kids.

I wasn’t referring to your posts, but rather to the politics win again. Sounds like the rumor is a coach that somebody doesn’t approve. Anytime a k decision is made that people don’t agree with they always throw the politics line. If a kid gets cut from a team it’s because of politics. Rarely do you hear my son was not as good as the other kids.
I’m going by the rumor on here and a few others. That I will not share

Reactions: Hilltoperhokie
Without saying name. His wife is in administrative position. That’s politics. Nice guy. Great person. Not a head coach.

Wikki Who would be your top choice and also your choice of “anybody but him”
Lots of people like the guy from LCA, I don’t know him and also the recommendation from the previous coach. That’s all I’m saying. I just think they should at least interview the guy. The fans that are very vocal to me asking me who it is, I don’t know. I’ve heard they have two good prospects and will not even interview. That sounds political to me. Fans are not happy and they better make sure they get it right this time. They have plenty of time to get it right

Lots of people like the guy from LCA, I don’t know him and also the recommendation from the previous coach. That’s all I’m saying. I just think they should at least interview the guy. The fans that are very vocal to me asking me who it is, I don’t know. I’ve heard they have two good prospects and will not even interview. That sounds political to me. Fans are not happy and they better make sure they get it right this time. They have plenty of time to get it right
So who is the last person you want to see as the Amherst HC

Wikki, I'm getting a bad feeling about this. It's taking a awful long time. Other schools without the football tradition of Amherst have made hires already. I just hope the kids are lifting and conditioning now. Instead of waiting until a coach is hired.

Reactions: wikki

If its Josh Wallace, you guys would be better off hiring someone else.

Wikki, I'm getting a bad feeling about this. It's taking a awful long time. Other schools without the football tradition of Amherst have made hires already. I just hope the kids are lifting and conditioning now. Instead of waiting until a coach is hired.
I'm sure Crews has them lifting and conditioning. He technically is still the interim head coach until they hire someone else.

Nothing personal, but not a huge fan of Josh Wallace. He coached at Petersburg before moving on to Buckingham and struggled at both places. Other than reading post on VAPreps from disgruntled Buckinham fans I cannot comment on his stay or talent there (7-13 record). I am familiar with his time at Petersburg and he basically never developed a relationship with the kids or the community there. From a football standpoint he seemed to run an offense that was not suited for the talent he had and refused to change. Not sure why he would not let his horses run, but that's what transpired. His four year record at Petersburg was 15-30 (overall) and he had a 3-2 playoff record. Hopefully, Amherst will make the right choice and if Wallace is selected he will demonstrate maturity by wrapping his arms around the program/community.

Nothing personal, but not a huge fan of Josh Wallace. He coached at Petersburg before moving on to Buckingham and struggled at both places. Other than reading post on VAPreps from disgruntled Buckinham fans I cannot comment on his stay or talent there (7-13 record). I am familiar with his time at Petersburg and he basically never developed a relationship with the kids or the community there. From a football standpoint he seemed to run an offense that was not suited for the talent he had and refused to change. Not sure why he would not let his horses run, but that's what transpired. His four year record at Petersburg was 15-30 (overall) and he had a 3-2 playoff record. Hopefully, Amherst will make the right choice and if Wallace is selected he will demonstrate maturity by wrapping his arms around the program/community.

To echo that, didn't even know the mans name, but the Buckingham posters that I read were VERY unhappy

Did Amherst lift last year?10 kids showed up last year to conditioned and lift...Where was the remaining coaching staff to organized this..Just because you're not the HC,doesn't mean you can't help get these kids ready if you care so much..

Did Amherst lift last year?10 kids showed up last year to conditioned and lift...Where was the remaining coaching staff to organized this..Just because you're not the HC,doesn't mean you can't help get these kids ready if you care so much..

I think that was some of the problem with the ad.
Who is running it now?

I think they got started late. they have an athletic trainer and assistant coaches that should have them lifting now hopefully

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT