ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst Coaching search

If you can figure out how to send me a private message, I will share with you. Not that it matters because the end results are the end results.
I can’t figure out the private message thing. I had someone Pm me one time

Me neither, I think you have to pay the 9.95 but that’s too rich for my blood. I would give you my email but it would reveal my secret identity.

Oh I understand about that. I just wish there was a way.
Did you come to the state game in the suite?

I know who you are I have seen you multiple times. Jf cav thinks he knows who I am but decides to rip my grammar on a message board. The sad thing is I know who you think I am but he is merely my brother from another mother.
I remember you, you had on the glass shirt. Just introduce yourself next time

Reactions: VolNation85
I understand were you're coming from Wikki. Its just seem like the same things are repeated and nothing concrete. No big deal though. Now I've help keep this thing going on...lol

Reactions: wikki
What does the average AD get paid?
Varies wildly from district to district. In some places it is comparable to assistant principal pay and in others it is closer to teacher pay. A lot depends on the additional duties that are assigned to that person. It is very rare that they handle just athletics. In some places, the AD still has a teaching load. Like many public education jobs, most are overworked, underpaid, and in some cases under appreciated. Especially at smaller schools.

At meeting tonight and everyone is
What did he say in his acceptance speech? Lots of wrongs to righten. What was the overall programs record, varsity/JV/8th grade teams? From what I understand it was aweful. Did he say Anything about packing a lunch for himself and his dynastic following? Hope he packed a lunch for his two sons cuz. They will need extra vittles. Seminole ain’t no joke. Y’all think the fix will be immediate? Little different then his take over at JF. His take over at JF included a navy jones transfer, and JF despite what most think was in consistent good hands under Don Rice. Atleast JF was better off then in comparison to Amherst now. How long does Christmas plan on staying? He is 66 years old...Good hire, but what’s his investment in program building? How long does he continue to coach? what’s his 2019 plan for player relationships for the long haul? I’d like to see his demands to the admin. Probably makes more $ then any coach in the Seminole. I understand he had it made at JF. Evidence is in improvements made to the facilities at JF. Hope Amherst didn’t sell their soul...who’s comin with him? Better question, who takes over at JF? Smith? Jones? Grove? Scharnus for real? Both Amherst and JF struggle next year is my prediction.

Reactions: catchtds
What did he say in his acceptance speech? Lots of wrongs to righten. What was the overall programs record, varsity/JV/8th grade teams? From what I understand it was aweful. Did he say Anything about packing a lunch for himself and his dynastic following? Hope he packed a lunch for his two sons cuz. They will need extra vittles. Seminole ain’t no joke. Y’all think the fix will be immediate? Little different then his take over at JF. His take over at JF included a navy jones transfer, and JF despite what most think was in consistent good hands under Don Rice. Atleast JF was better off then in comparison to Amherst now. How long does Christmas plan on staying? He is 66 years old...Good hire, but what’s his investment in program building? How long does he continue to coach? what’s his 2019 plan for player relationships for the long haul? I’d like to see his demands to the admin. Probably makes more $ then any coach in the Seminole. I understand he had it made at JF. Evidence is in improvements made to the facilities at JF. Hope Amherst didn’t sell their soul...who’s comin with him? Better question, who takes over at JF? Smith? Jones? Grove? Scharnus for real? Both Amherst and JF struggle next year is my prediction.
Let’s just be positive

Reactions: MrSir#5 and jfcav1
Problem at JF is they underperformed for years with talent dripping up and down the roster. Once Christmas left the first time the program sputtered with some varied success sporadically. In the early 2000s forest wasn’t very formidable but they had several power 5 players come out or on roster with coach smith but werent making the playoffs similar story with rice except not many recruits. Rice had a couple of runs with good teams but couldn’t get over the hump to win the region. Christmas comes in and consistently there’s a playoff caliber team and twice competed for a region championship in 5 years but if you ask me the writing was on the wall, there’s talent but it’s going to take an overly exceptional player to get forest over the hump such as Poindexter (back to back).

Present day, Christmas gets more in this location with talent littered across the county, no schools to split players with. A winning pedigree has been established before and losing isn’t in the water, which is why there’s been an uproar. He can build the little league and middle schools to make them robotic like Salem in terms of execution. The pockets may not be as deep as forest was but there’s definitely football money and support in the community. Christmas has gotten everything he could want with what he inherited, he might not have a Ferrari but he has a super charged old school Charger and he could upgrade it to the modern hellcat.

Is he going to make upgrades to get a personal shower and bathroom?

Problem at JF is they underperformed for years with talent dripping up and down the roster. Once Christmas left the first time the program sputtered with some varied success sporadically. In the early 2000s forest wasn’t very formidable but they had several power 5 players come out or on roster with coach smith but werent making the playoffs similar story with rice except not many recruits. Rice had a couple of runs with good teams but couldn’t get over the hump to win the region. Christmas comes in and consistently there’s a playoff caliber team and twice competed for a region championship in 5 years but if you ask me the writing was on the wall, there’s talent but it’s going to take an overly exceptional player to get forest over the hump such as Poindexter (back to back).

Present day, Christmas gets more in this location with talent littered across the county, no schools to split players with. A winning pedigree has been established before and losing isn’t in the water, which is why there’s been an uproar. He can build the little league and middle schools to make them robotic like Salem in terms of execution. The pockets may not be as deep as forest was but there’s definitely football money and support in the community. Christmas has gotten everything he could want with what he inherited, he might not have a Ferrari but he has a super charged old school Charger and he could upgrade it to the modern hellcat.
I assume by "talent" you mean athleticism. If so, I wouldn't say JF had "talent dripping up and down the roster." Maybe the 2014 and 2015 teams but the past 3 years JF has had 2-3 players that are above average, Pribble, Cupit, and Blake. Other than that, JF was average when it comes to pure "talent" and it showed when they played teams like Glass and Heritage. Teams that really did have loads of talent.

Reactions: Renaissance man

Awesome as always Rainman..I felt some energy going thru Amherst since the hire.1st time in years we got hope.

Reactions: rainman17
I assume by "talent" you mean athleticism. If so, I wouldn't say JF had "talent dripping up and down the roster." Maybe the 2014 and 2015 teams but the past 3 years JF has had 2-3 players that are above average, Pribble, Cupit, and Blake. Other than that, JF was average when it comes to pure "talent" and it showed when they played teams like Glass and Heritage. Teams that really did have loads of talent.

Speaking for the former forest teams, dating back the late 90s, and early 2000s when talking about talent. Not only athleticism, Forest has produced some lineman, blue collar studs, and has had some exceptional athletes on the edge but as I said has underperformed. I could list some of them for you if you need examples. The more recent teams had have more success than the teams of old but I don’t feel they have been more talented.

Reactions: VolNation85
Speaking for the former forest teams, dating back the late 90s, and early 2000s when talking about talent. Not only athleticism, Forest has produced some lineman, blue collar studs, and has had some exceptional athletes on the edge but as I said has underperformed. I could list some of them for you if you need examples. The more recent teams had have more success than the teams of old but I don’t feel they have been more talented.
This makes sense. I can't argue with that assessment. I am a little too young to remember the teams of the late 90's. But as far as the early 2000's, Christmas had left by then, right?

This makes sense. I can't argue with that assessment. I am a little too young to remember the teams of the late 90's. But as far as the early 2000's, Christmas had left by then, right?

Xmas left in after 97 season. Lost to gate city in the semi finals, Jerton Evans was the key note state of the union addressing speaker on that squad. Also had herzog, pennigus? and grove and plenty other blue collared athletes. I may be wrong on that history. 3 D1 players. my new question is, on top of the other questions I’ve posed in a previous thread, can he win the big one running the wishbone? does Amherst have the linensn to accommodate? Has the amherst that folks rally behind, a 1 county school with all the supposed athletes/lineman stereotype, lost its mojo? Are the ingredients there? Lest he brings in a another navy. Can he raise money like he did at jf?

Last edited:
Xmas left in after 97 season. Lost to gate city in the semi finals, Jerton Evans was the key note state of the union addressing speaker on that squad. Also had herzog, pennigus? and grove and plenty other blue collared athletes. I may be wrong on that history. 3 D1 players. my new question is, on top of the other questions I’ve posed in a previous thread, can he win the big one running the wishbone? does Amherst have the linensn to accommodate? Has the amherst which is a 1 county school with all the supposed athletes/lineman stereotype diminished?
I think more players will come out now that didn’t before

I think more players will come out now that didn’t before
Everyone is so excited. I’ve talked to so many people today, my phone, Facebook and face to face and I haven’t seen this much excitement in a long time

Reactions: jfcav1
We haven't played defense in years anyway

Whos
Xmas left in after 97 season. Lost to gate city in the semi finals, Jerton Evans was the key note state of the union addressing speaker on that squad. Also had herzog, pennigus? and grove and plenty other blue collared athletes. I may be wrong on that history. 3 D1 players. my new question is, on top of the other questions I’ve posed in a previous thread, can he win the big one running the wishbone? does Amherst have the linensn to accommodate? Has the amherst that folks rally behind, a 1 county school with all the supposed athletes/lineman stereotype, lost its mojo? Are the ingredients there? Lest he brings in a another navy. Can he raise money like he did at jf?

Most of the history is right, you had some others such as parziale and Lloyd who played at the state schools another handful at D1AA, but that’s the older days. Let’s get to what you asked.

Coaching: yes the wishbone could win him a chip, but the defense is going to be where the difference has to be made. He gets an upgrade in my opinion in terms of the talent pool for defense.

Lineman: it’s blocking you don’t gotta be the biggest or strongest but you gotta have heart and do your job, I think they’ll teach the right technique and the OL won’t be a weakness.

Talent: The well is never going to run dry on talent in Amherst county, if it’s “left” and they’re winning it will come back really quick. There’s probably another navy or Cupit walking the halls of monelison or Amherst middle now.

The community will support he doesn’t have to get a new turf field and etc he just has to raise the funds to upgrade which if the county is happy they’ll oblige and give it.

Whos

Most of the history is right, you had some others such as parziale and Lloyd who played at the state schools another handful at D1AA, but that’s the older days. Let’s get to what you asked.

Coaching: yes the wishbone could win him a chip, but the defense is going to be where the difference has to be made. He gets an upgrade in my opinion in terms of the talent pool for defense.

Lineman: it’s blocking you don’t gotta be the biggest or strongest but you gotta have heart and do your job, I think they’ll teach the right technique and the OL won’t be a weakness.

Talent: The well is never going to run dry on talent in Amherst county, if it’s “left” and they’re winning it will come back really quick. There’s probably another navy or Cupit walking the halls of monelison or Amherst middle now.

The community will support he doesn’t have to get a new turf field and etc he just has to raise the funds to upgrade which if the county is happy they’ll oblige and give it.
Crews is a good defensive coach. From what I heard the talent is there. More players might come out now since the debacle last year. The community will definitely be supportive. Everyone is so excited and can’t wait for it. I think he will be a good fit. Last year, Amherst lifting and training was even late starting.

I have no doubt in the Amherst offense under Christmas. None. The defense has be very suspect for years. Just take a look at the fine gentlemans data that compiled all of Va state football history. Since 2013 Amherst has given up no less than 297 points. The hard hitting defenses of Amherst have been gone. The defense used to put fear in coaches hearts. It hasn't been like that for years. That's what they need to get back. And I hope like hell Christmas can fix it. He might not have a Cupit on defense but there has to be someone that can be the stud on the defense. The question is can Christmas get it out of them.

Reactions: wikki

Lots of good questions posed here. I'm sure Amherst faithful will be riding high for the next several months. Give him until mid season and we will have better answers for these questions. It's very intriguing times in the Seminole though!

Reactions: iskolinbckers
Make no mistake about Christmas is a really good offensive coach and an incredible fundraiser. He also does a great job in the weight room. He will make them better but they wil get worse on defense and the talent level is down. I personally think it will take several years to get them competing in region d. I thought the hire was strange because he is 67. People are always trying to hire a woody or a Bradley, I personally like hiring a young guy that may become a big name.

Make no mistake about Christmas is a really good offensive coach and an incredible fundraiser. He also does a great job in the weight room. He will make them better but they wil get worse on defense and the talent level is down. I personally think it will take several years to get them competing in region d. I thought the hire was strange because he is 67. People are always trying to hire a woody or a Bradley, I personally like hiring a young guy that may become a big name.
66, lol. The weight room is what Amherst needs, they got behind last year from what I understand. Not sure as you said about worse on defense. I think that will be a little different than it was at JF. We will see. Anyway no matter what people think, the talk in Amherst is pure excitement and that right now is a positive thing.

Reactions: jfcav1
66, lol. The weight room is what Amherst needs, they got behind last year from what I understand. Not sure as you said about worse on defense. I think that will be a little different than it was at JF. We will see. Anyway no matter what people think, the talk in Amherst is pure excitement and that right now is a positive thing.
Should be positive, a quality coach

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT