ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst returning to glory?

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Seems Amherst is on its way back. Read a couple online articles and they appear to be doing well so far. Wikki any insight?

Seems to be better off than recent years but they've yet to hit the meat of their schedule. Glass and Rockbridge are both 1-4 so while they weren't great wins you can't discount Amherst handling them like they should handle 1-4 teams.

They should be able to clean up Liberty with little issue but the 2 weeks after feature Brookville and JF. I'm thinking they drop both of those, beat Heritage, and probably split the Rustburg/Appomattox games putting them at 5-5 on the year. You can err a game either side, though, depending on how they will regroup after likely losses to Brookville and JF. 5-5 would be improvement but 6-4 would be a real step in the right direction. Putting aside the Florida game, I don't see Amherst as a better team than Salem, JF, or Brookville so those losses are understandable. Being able to beat the rest of the schedule would be a good sign for them going forward as they rebuild.

I only see them beating Liberty & Heritage and closing out at 4-6. Aside from JF who will just out score them, Brookville, Rustburg & Appomattox all have very good defenses. Liberty should be no issue as there offense definitely isn't as efficient as its been in the past.

Reactions: OCBoy
Seems to be better off than recent years but they've yet to hit the meat of their schedule. Glass and Rockbridge are both 1-4 so while they weren't great wins you can't discount Amherst handling them like they should handle 1-4 teams.

They should be able to clean up Liberty with little issue but the 2 weeks after feature Brookville and JF. I'm thinking they drop both of those, beat Heritage, and probably split the Rustburg/Appomattox games putting them at 5-5 on the year. You can err a game either side, though, depending on how they will regroup after likely losses to Brookville and JF. 5-5 would be improvement but 6-4 would be a real step in the right direction. Putting aside the Florida game, I don't see Amherst as a better team than Salem, JF, or Brookville so those losses are understandable. Being able to beat the rest of the schedule would be a good sign for them going forward as they rebuild.
I'm bias on Amherst but I think they will beat Brookville and finish the year at 6-4,that game aganist Appomattox scares me..Amherst only has 13 seniors on team and only 4 have significant roles on the team...I think they will get better as season goes but they won't be a contender again until next year when all their big lineman comes up...

Who knows they very well could lose the rest of them minus Liberty... Heritage always plays them in a close game. Could go either way.

I'm bias on Amherst but I think they will beat Brookville and finish the year at 6-4,that game aganist Appomattox scares me..Amherst only has 13 seniors on team and only 4 have significant roles on the team...I think they will get better as season goes but they won't be a contender again until next year when all their big lineman comes up...
I really believe in this team. I think they will beat Liberty and Heritage and possibly Rustburg or Brookville not JF. I don't have an opinion on Appomattox yet. They need to get the penalties under control. They have a good defense. But like someone said for sure next year.

Reactions: OCBoy

Yes they handled them very well because neither scored against them. I like this team

Your probably right while the current staff is in control. Because they've had better talent that the record reflects. I look for the same thing next year. A lot of wasted talent.

So the Red Devils win some games and now they are world beaters? I think they look improved from last year but they haven't faced the heart of their schedule either. Not surprising that a Red Devil has something negative to say about the Lancers! Good luck to all the teams this week, I hope they have boat rentals!

Last edited:
Reactions: wikki
So the Red Devils win some games and now they are world beaters? I think they look improved from last year but they haven't face the heart of their schedule either. Not surprising that a Red Devil has something negative to say about the Lancers! Good luck to all the teams this week, I hope they have boat rentals!
Thanks you beat me to it..

Your probably right while the current staff is in control. Because they've had better talent that the record reflects. I look for the same thing next year. A lot of wasted talent.
Other than D.A Christian what talent?Not to happy the way some stuff has happen in past but you can always have Hope in your pocket and nobody can take that away..Why be so negative and get up and make a difference..

I have nothing against Amherst. Like them a whole lot better than JF or Brookville, and that's our next two games... We should see how good they are after that... I'm just thinking that Amhersts time has passed and it may be a while before they are great again. Lord knows it's been a while since Rustburg has been good.

So the Red Devils win some games and now they are world beaters? I think they look improved from last year but they haven't faced the heart of their schedule either. Not surprising that a Red Devil has something negative to say about the Lancers! Good luck to all the teams this week, I hope they have boat rentals!
I agree with this statement. We will see Friday night how they fare against Brookville

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT