ADVERTISEMENT

Appo/Giles

Hey chuck ! Last I checked what do you have to show for it , don't get me wrong I am from the area and wishing nothing but the best for SR
Believe me Snake..I was no fan of the single wing when it was introduced here 4 year's ago. So they haven't ran it long. As far as what SR has to show for it. Last season state runnerup and the year before that a 3rd round loss to eventual state champion Magna Vista. This season was the 1st undefeated regular season in school history and still chopping wood. SR may not be state title contenders year in and year out. But I can tell you first hand, that offense gives us a chance to move the ball. There are many different types of offensive philosophies that all have the potential for success. Some teams have the guys that can make that scheme work, some don't.

Come watch a Staunton River game and say that.
Your SR team didnt want to even schedule Appo for the past 2 years. Believe me, That is not my mouth, that came from administration. Appo previous two years would have made light work of SR just like Blacksburg did. NO SINGLE WING TEAM would have beat them teams.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Your SR team didnt want to even schedule Appo for the past 2 years. Believe me, That is not my mouth, that came from administration. Appo previous two years would have made light work of SR just like Blacksburg did. NO SINGLE WING TEAM would have beat them teams.
Sorry buddy. But Blacksburg had to earn that win.

This game had nothing to do with a horn, Giles’ offensive play calling, or fans. Appo is better at EVERY position. Total mismatch.

Reactions: Stabler1980
gunz ! he should not be on here , no where for that and personal attacks are definitely out line so he is done !!

I must have missed something. I didn't see a personal attack, unless you mean the dip**** comment. That was uncalled for, but I consider that different than a personal attack, I had one of those earlier.

Just me, I didn't want to turn that person in because he always says dumb things and wasn't going to let it effect me

I must have missed something. I didn't see a personal attack, unless you mean the dip**** comment. That was uncalled for, but I consider that different than a personal attack, I had one of those earlier.

Just me, I didn't want to turn that person in because he always says dumb things and wasn't going to let it effect me
Ok that's your opinion and I understand that but there is line you cross and you know that we have been on for a long time and someone just shows up and blurts that out , is not cool and he or she don't know me to call someone that !

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Ok that's your opinion and I understand that but there is line you cross and you know that we have been on for a long time and someone just shows up and blurts that out , is not cool and he or she don't know me to call someone that !

I have been here A LONG time and have seen much worse, but it was wrong and uncalled for. I just wouldn't do it. The other thing is the exact same message could have been said without it

Congrats to both teams for making it this far and now Appomattox moves on. The strength of Appomattox’s team unity and skill positions give them an edge. They have averaged over 40 in playoffs and giving up less than 20 pts a game. Now will they be able to grind out a win on the road, where they have not played in the playoffs other than the title games. A testament to the coaches, the players and community.
By the way, did Graves play?

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Congrats to both teams for making it this far and now Appomattox moves on. The strength of Appomattox’s team unity and skill positions give them an edge. They have averaged over 40 in playoffs and giving up less than 20 pts a game. Now will they be able to grind out a win on the road, where they have not played in the playoffs other than the title games. A testament to the coaches, the players and community.
By the way, did Graves play?
yes graves played

Lil more detail as in Glenvar D sucks, they didnt know how to stop the single wing... something.... obviously more points is gonna win the game.

Exactly. 2-0 would have won, since that wasn't the case, I'm guessing they would like details.

It's amazing how salty everyone on here seems lately

Exactly. 2-0 would have won, since that wasn't the case, I'm guessing they would like details.

It's amazing how salty everyone on here seems lately

"How did this team beat Glenvar?"

That seemed like a shot at Giles to me. It's amazing to me how condescending people can be east of Roanoke.

Their ride is coming to an end next year! Great football team but the few fans on here make them look bad. See how much they talk next year. Remember it comes in cycles.

"How did this team beat Glenvar?"

That seemed like a shot at Giles to me. It's amazing to me how condescending people can be east of Roanoke.

I dont know Giles from Glenvar except for what I see on here. Couldn't tell you their colors. Maybe it was a shot? I didn't take it that way, I took it for a question, but I could be wrong

I dont know Giles from Glenvar except for what I see on here. Couldn't tell you their colors. Maybe it was a shot? I didn't take it that way, I took it for a question, but I could be wrong

Glenvar wears the Green Bay Packers G on their helmets and wear green and gray/white. They didn't look great when they scrimmaged Graham at the beginning of the season. Their 9-1 record imo came from a favorable schedule.

That being said I didn't watch the Giles-Glenvar game. That's why I said they scored more points "probably"

I do expect major butt whippings next year. However, I'm hearing a thing or two that may very well limit that big time. All I will say is our 2nd string quarterback will not be our quarterback next year. Keep in mind last year was Javon Scruggs first year ever playing quarterback and he was like a seasoned pro from day one. It's amazing what coach Smith can do. Soooo you best be careful we may have major weapons next year also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT