ADVERTISEMENT

Appo vs Heritage

oldfool

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 20, 2016
Nobody making any noise about this game. It's not going to be that boring is it?

Ah forgot Gretna. They're supposedly much impHaroved but I can't see them beating you guys.
If you do not think Gretna will challenge the raiders this year then you probably also believe in santa claus.Having seen Gretna play twice ,my thinking is it will be a very close game.Hawks have speed on both sides of the ball......

If you do not think Gretna will challenge the raiders this year then you probably also believe in santa claus.Having seen Gretna play twice ,my thinking is it will be a very close game.Hawks have speed on both sides of the ball......
Don't be telling me Santa is not real. Dang you almost ruined my year.

The Gretna game is in Appo this year , should be a good one but the raiders will be clicking on all cylinders by then ! As far as heritage goes will be in town to watch this one looking for a great game ,can’t seem to figure out what happened to them last week giving up all those points , rumor had it they were loaded again this year ,60 some points is a beat down from northside so who knows what heritage team shows up !any thoughts?

Reactions: oldfool

I didn't say Appo would blow them out, only that I expect Appo to win

Heritage was minus their big receiver from what I heard and their passing game suffered big time.

He was missed but there were a lot of drop balls and missed targets. Not sure if he would have made that much of a difference. Northside was just hitting on all levels Friday. These teams may meet again. HHS's gonna have to figure out the O and D lines.

Reactions: lyhsports
Will he be back for the Appo game?

He was missed but there were a lot of drop balls and missed targets. Not sure if he would have made that much of a difference. Northside was just hitting on all levels Friday. These teams may meet again. HHS's gonna have to figure out the O and D lines.

Yea, I'm not saying that if he was there they win. Just that they weren't at full strength. That and lots of miscues from what I can see on Hudl lead to their demise. I don't think they are a bad team is what I'm saying.

Reactions: catchtds
The Gretna game is in Appo this year , should be a good one but the raiders will be clicking on all cylinders by then ! As far as heritage goes will be in town to watch this one looking for a great game ,can’t seem to figure out what happened to them last week giving up all those points , rumor had it they were loaded again this year ,60 some points is a beat down from northside so who knows what heritage team shows up !any thoughts?
HHS is far from "loaded" this year. They will still win 6-8 games but they're not a state championship team this year. I didn't see the HHS-Northside game but I know Heritage has a talented QB and talented group of receivers but the O-Line is suspect. We all know it doesn't matter if Tom Brady is your QB if you can't protect him. I think they will struggle in the trenches this year especially against teams like Appomattox, JF, Glass, and Brookville. All of whom have strong D-lines.

I bring in bottled soda (and yes it's always soda, I'm not a drinker lol) and never had an issue. Just stick it in your back pocket and walk in, I doubt anyone stops you

There aren't many if any successful 2A teams that aren't a part of that 44 tho, I know Union accounts for two of them. No shame in losing to one of, if not the most dominant 2A run in VA history. Some teams had longer streaks of success and more overall wins, but three straight titles, looking for four, it's certainly established Appomattox as the standard of 2A since 2015.

Reactions: Bo Bob and oldfool
Gonna lay low on this one....This game will show what Appomattox has in store for rest of season. I did see that the OLine is not clicking early, but I want to see what improvements Appo has made with that. Smith loves that veer and its the bread and butter of Appo football. If its broke...we are broke.

I hope this win shows that the 2015/2016 teams was another caliber team and something special. THEY could have competed all the way up to 4A. I dont say 5A and 6A cause they have ALL MONSTERS on the OL when you get to playoffs. No way 15 or 16 would have competed at that level.

Statement ! What are you talking about ! And a wow just wow ! Really !!Appo won the first half and heritage won the 2 nd half and that’s a statement game by heritage . Appo will be just fine in 2a , but I see trouble for heritage in 3a and even In The Seminole district . Brookville , JF , glass will be trouble games for them ! Good luck to both teams .

Statement ! What are you talking about ! And a wow just wow ! Really !!Appo won the first half and heritage won the 2 nd half and that’s a statement game by heritage . Appo will be just fine in 2a , but I see trouble for heritage in 3a and even In The Seminole district . Brookville , JF , glass will be trouble games for them ! Good luck to both teams .
Appo was up 14-13 at the half. Minus the 2 big plays that that Appo scored on they didn't do anything offensively! Unless you were a die hard fan of Appomattox at the half everyone could see that Heritage was the better team and second half they showed it. After watching Heritage play I saw alot of talent that will get better as the season goes on. The thing to remember also Heritage have now have played quality competition going into district play after their bye week. Outside of JF have the other schools that you mentioned? Good luck to all. Things are about get interesting!

I think with Heritage losing so bad last week, I could see this coming. After I seen score last week ,I said Bradley would have them pumped extra hard for this game. I

I called it a statement win on several fronts. They were embarrassed last week and stepped up to beat the perennial title team in 2A. Regardless of classification, Appomattox was a formidable opponent. High school athletics is as big in momentum as it is on teenagers feelings, it can change in a whim. Furthermore they shutout Appo after halftime and won by nearly 20. Those are statements not run of the mill results. Surely many see talent and understand Bradley will get the troops rallied, but until the final horn blows, the players still must decide. Good for Heritage to respond. I expect both teams to make deep playoff runs but let’s not assume there aren’t still some head scratching games still left to witness. This rivalry has been entertaining.

I called it a statement win on several fronts. They were embarrassed last week and stepped up to beat the perennial title team in 2A. Regardless of classification, Appomattox was a formidable opponent. High school athletics is as big in momentum as it is on teenagers feelings, it can change in a whim. Furthermore they shutout Appo after halftime and won by nearly 20. Those are statements not run of the mill results. Surely many see talent and understand Bradley will get the troops rallied, but until the final horn blows, the players still must decide. Good for Heritage to respond. I expect both teams to make deep playoff runs but let’s not assume there aren’t still some head scratching games still left to witness. This rivalry has been entertaining.
I like Heritage as one of my daughter's went there and I have close association with alot of the staff there. However my heart goes to Appo for many many reasons. So I actually enjoy and encourage all the kids on both teams and as becoming adults. So with that said Heritage better whip Glass and I attended Glass lol.

As I said earlier , Appomattox has a lot of youth and need sometime.
They took it on the chin Friday and I’m sure Coach Smith will make sure they come back stronger than they went into that game.
They will continue to serve each other, the community, and grow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT