ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox finished season tonight

AdvocateOfMany434

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 13, 2015
757 Area
Via the Appomattox Twitter account:

Raider boys 79 William Campbell 66. We finish season 8-6 (7-5 district, 3-3 conference).

Marquise Morgan with 24 points, Deven Dews and Matt Page had 13 to lead Raiders.

Raider boys have won 6 straight games. Going into conference tourney #2 seed.

Via the Appomattox Twitter account:

Raider boys 79 William Campbell 66. We finish season 8-6 (7-5 district, 3-3 conference).

Marquise Morgan with 24 points, Deven Dews and Matt Page had 13 to lead Raiders.

Raider boys have won 6 straight games. Going into conference tourney #2 seed.
That put them ahead of Buckingham? They have won 10 or 11 games, I think.

That put them ahead of Buckingham? They have won 10 or 11 games, I think.

I think district wins are more valuable than conference wins. That is the way it was explained to me. I will let you know if anything changes. I was listening to the coaches and they said this win locked us in to be #2 seed.

According to Dan River website, Buckingham is finished with a 4.1 rating. They have 78 points in 19 games. Divide 19 into 78, you get 4.1. I counted Appomattox wins and bonus points and they have 60 points in 15 games (according to DR site). Which would gave them a 4.0 rating. I know you said they were 8-6, but DR site has Appo with 7 losses.

According to Dan River website, Buckingham is finished with a 4.1 rating. They have 78 points in 19 games. Divide 19 into 78, you get 4.1. I counted Appomattox wins and bonus points and they have 60 points in 15 games (according to DR site). Which would gave them a 4.0 rating. I know you said they were 8-6, but DR site has Appo with 7 losses.
Dan River is wrong i think? head coach (i work in schools) said the Chancellor High school loss was a "scrimmage" and not counted towards record.

Just spoke with A.D., he said the chancellor high was regular season game and couldnt switch it to scrimmage. So u probably right, we gonna be probably #3 in conference. He said our record is 8-7 due to the chancellor loss, not 8-6.

Yeah I remember you saying that one game was a scrimmage. Didn't remember which one. So if my calculations are correct, then Appo will be 3 seed with 4.0 rating. Appo hosts Gretna on Monday. Chatham hosts Randolph-Henry. Appo/ Gretna winner to Buckingham on Wed. Chatham/R-H winner to Dan River. All weather permitting of course. Appomattox seems to be hottest team in conference right now.

UNOFFICIAL Conference 37 Boys Standings
Dan River (16-3) - 6.5
Buckingham (11-8) - 4.1
Appomattox (8-7) - 4.0
Chatham (6-11) - 2.7 - Plays at Gretna tonight (win moves them to 2.9, loss drops them to 2.6)
Randolph-Henry (2-16) - 1.0
Gretna (0-18) - 0.50 - Hosts Chatham tonight (Win moves them to 0.84, loss drops them to 0.47)

1) Dan River - Bye
2) Buckingham - Bye
3) Appomattox will hosts 6) Gretna - winner plays at Buckingham in semis.
4) Chatham will host 5) Randolph-Henry - winner plays at Dan River in semis.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Yeah I remember you saying that one game was a scrimmage. Didn't remember which one. So if my calculations are correct, then Appo will be 3 seed with 4.0 rating. Appo hosts Gretna on Monday. Chatham hosts Randolph-Henry. Appo/ Gretna winner to Buckingham on Wed. Chatham/R-H winner to Dan River. All weather permitting of course. Appomattox seems to be hottest team in conference right now.
Yeah, but dan river has our number for years. Tired of losing to them.

Chancellor High is a 4A school and our coach wanted us to get some a game in to knock the rust off earlier in season. We got a late jump on season due to the state championship (football). It was supposed to be a scrimmage, but they only have 4 wins so I bet they didnt want to make it a scrimmage. LOL, they needed that win more than likely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT