ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox vs Dan River

moto138

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 4, 2018
Must not be any folks here from Dan River i never see anything about them. Looks like someone else said they are quietly sliding along. What kind of ball are they playing this year with a new coach?

In watching some hudl, our DB's best not let their receivers behind them or they will strike. QB looks to have a good arm and throws it up for them to make a play on it.
Our D line and backers are going to have to get some heat on the QB so he feels rushed to make those throws and a couple good shots on him won't hurt.
Strong kicking game as most of the KO's I saw resulted in touch backs.
Will be a good test. Glad we are going to be forced to stop some passes.

Reactions: moto138
In watching some hudl, our DB's best not let their receivers behind them or they will strike. QB looks to have a good arm and throws it up for them to make a play on it.
Our D line and backers are going to have to get some heat on the QB so he feels rushed to make those throws and a couple good shots on him won't hurt.
Strong kicking game as most of the KO's I saw resulted in touch backs.
Will be a good test. Glad we are going to be forced to stop some passes.
DR along with Chatham seem to be the biggest surprises of the season. I hear that DR is not to be taken lightly. Yes, the QB is suppose to be good and they always have some speed and athletes. Appomattox should beware of a letdown after the Gretna game.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
DR along with Chatham seem to be the biggest surprises of the season. I hear that DR is not to be taken lightly. Yes, the QB is suppose to be good and they always have some speed and athletes. Appomattox should beware of a letdown after the Gretna game.
Dan River always plays appo tough year after year.

DR like Appo has been using their soccer program to get kickers, in fact the kid kicking this year is the 3rd brother in a row to kick for them. DR has athletes as usual but from what I have witnessed Appo should dominate the line, which should allow pressure on the QB, unless they have designed some new roll out patterns for him. I think Appo will end up taking this one fairly easily when all is said and done. I do agree with an earlier post, DR is a surprise this year.

DR like Appo has been using their soccer program to get kickers, in fact the kid kicking this year is the 3rd brother in a row to kick for them. DR has athletes as usual but from what I have witnessed Appo should dominate the line, which should allow pressure on the QB, unless they have designed some new roll out patterns for him. I think Appo will end up taking this one fairly easily when all is said and done. I do agree with an earlier post, DR is a surprise this year.
Not that it means anything but the kickers for the last 5 years or so for Appo have not played on their soccer teams.
Just tossing that out there.
This year our kicker is an exchange student who never kicked a football until he came. He is s pretty good soccer player from my understanding.
I’m excited to see how our defense does with a passing offense.

Dan River is a big surprise. The kids out there play with a lot of pride and have bought into the new coaching philosophy. They’re actually running an offense that compliments the talent they have. I don’t have them in the state championship this year but watch out next year. They’ll be one of the best teams in 2A in 2020.

Not that it means anything but the kickers for the last 5 years or so for Appo have not played on their soccer teams.
This year our kicker is an exchange student who never kicked a football until he came. He is s pretty good soccer player from my understanding.
The kicker that y’all have at Howard University is a beast!

I remember Jamerson playing soccer in high school. Cant remember if he did all the way through? Didnt Farris play soccer? I may be wrong all together.

They might have played soccer in high school but not in upper grades
Nick never played at Appo while he was there
Yea Nick is a special talent and works hard at it.

Raiders played very well tonight basically moved the ball at will ,Dan river has no defense , but there offense could give someone some trouble come playoff time , the QB is very Mobil and throws very good , good job by the raiders again tonight , had to have been over a 1000 yards of offense between them ! Raider nation!!

Reactions: moto138
Raiders played very well tonight basically moved the ball at will ,Dan river has no defense , but there offense could give someone some trouble come playoff time , the QB is very Mobil and throws very good , good job by the raiders again tonight , had to have been over a 1000 yards of offense between them ! Raider nation!!

Region C is now Raiders to lose and is now asserted itself to the clear favorite to win Region C. They can lose it, but they are favorites.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Radford ain't done yet. Even with the injuries, we are pretty good. I think it's reasonable to say Appomattox is the Region C favorite at this point.
Im sure Radford is not done yet, they have a ways to go this season. Injuries suck for all players involved and all teams. Its like waking up everyday at my age you never know what is around the corner or if you will make it to the next corner.

I remember Jamerson playing soccer in high school. Cant remember if he did all the way through? Didnt Farris play soccer? I may be wrong all
I remember Jamerson playing soccer in high school. Cant remember if he did all the way through? Didnt Farris play soccer? I may be wrong all together.

Jamerson quit soccer after freshman year, he had been kicking footballs from rec league all the way thru.

Farris quit playing soccer in middle school

Sam Bianca exchange student played indoor soccer in Italy

Gallier is a soccer player that just came out his senior year

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
He doing well right now, he had some hiccups in past 2 years but he is on track and still a great kid. thanks for asking bro. good to hear from ya. watching appo now wax DR
Good to see you back bro. It’s apart of growing up. We’ve all been young once..Make your mistakes early, learn from them and grow. He’s going to be fine bro! Glad all is well.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Jamerson quit soccer after freshman year, he had been kicking footballs from rec league all the way thru.

Farris quit playing soccer in middle school

Sam Bianca exchange student played indoor soccer in Italy

Gallier is a soccer player that just came out his senior year
thanks man for the correction and I know you will know the facts on that...so im glad you chimed in....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT