4A West Region

05-30 John Champe vs Liberty Christian Academy
05-30 Loudoun Valley vs Millbrook

05-30 Jefferson Forest vs Kettle Run
05-30 Loudoun County vs Salem

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/base-2016-4A-east-bracket3.pdf
http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/base-2016-4A-west-bracket3.pdf

13321667_10208776922925707_8106174914755429715_n.jpg

I watched LCA vs John Champe yesterday. Quickest game I have ever watched. 1 hour 20 minutes. LCA won 12-0. Zach Hess threw no-hitter for LCA. Best high school pitcher I have seen in several years.

Well he should be the best highschool pitcher you have seen, he is almost 20yrs old. How fair is that? I'm all for the private schools playing in the VHSL but to have 5th year seniors and scholarships is no good for the league.
Not fair

If LCA wins the state I will be happy for them no doubt.I know there's more to a team then one person. I just think they should have the same rules as every other school. If not then how can you call it fair? Honestly. if no one else can do it then how is it fair? There's no good answer for that.

LCA and Kettle Run were to play yesterday. Game got rained out. Rather than play it today, they say they will "try" to play it Monday.

What didn't they reschedule it for today ? If field was going to be wet today, find a dry field somewhere and play it.

LCA and Kettle Run were to play yesterday. Game got rained out. Rather than play it today, they say they will "try" to play it Monday.

What didn't they reschedule it for today ? If field was going to be wet today, find a dry field somewhere and play it.
Their pitcher is 19 years old, should be good

Well If LCA dosnt win it this year maybe they can get him to stay one more year. Then he can buy the beer after they hoist the trophy

Reactions: wikki
Yep...when you are trotting out juniors that are nearly 19 years old, and seniors pushing 20 it definitely gives you a bit of an advantage. I mean, I was a sophomore in college when I was the same age as LCA's number 1 pitcher.

Technically, no. However, you can't be such a blind homer as to not realize this team has a significant advantage with the ability to reclass and send out, what basically amounts to, a JUCO team against mostly 16 and 17 year olds with a few 18 year old seniors sprinkled in. I mean they literally have juniors that were my age as a freshman in college, and seniors that were my age as a sophomore.

Pretty much everybody in VA realizes what a joke it is that this team is allowed to be competing in the VHSL. It is a real shame for the teams/kids who are "bound" by the public school rules to have their seasons ended by this "JUCO" team.

(* By "joke" I am not referring to their talent at all. They have some outstanding ballplayers. By "joke" I mean the unfair competitive advantage they have.)

Last edited:
i just don't think if I was a highschool athlete I would want to stay an extra year of school just for sports. Everybody knows that you are a fifth year senior so your accomplishments during the season are overshadowed by the fact that your older and physically more mature than most everybody you will face. Honestly if I had to play an extra year just to get to the top of the recruiting list then what have I really proved. I would just like to know the reasoning behind allowing any school to do that other than the fact the person failed a grade.

Unless they have several 8th/9th graders stashed on that team....I would take that bet on the age average. However, if you limited it to 10th - 12th graders (which is what most HS varsity teams are made up of in the state) there is zero chance their age average isn't much higher than the rest.

Also....

3A? They should be 6A where their unfair age and recruitment advantage would be balanced out by playing the more talented teams in the state.

Jamestown has a killer pitcher on the mound today. So, it should be a real pitching duel. It could easily be extra innings and end 1-0.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT