ADVERTISEMENT

Battlefield District Rankings

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Here is my opinion of the rankings of the battlefield district thus far! As i see it so far the district so far has two excellent teams Eastern View and Courtland! the rest of the teams are in a second level far below the top two! lets look at the rankings as i see them!
(1) Eastern View 4 and 0: Yes who can dispute this good team ranked at the top spot? The View will be tested this week by Courtland but if they win that game i see no one else in the district beating them. Just too much talent to get beat by anyone but Courtland and only Courtland has a chance. The View has so much talent size and speed back its going to be hard for anyone to beat them.QB Matt Lowry and speedy Trey Holmes leed a potent offense and a stingy defense lead by Zach Brown and Avery Sites will lead them to the playoffs. No doubt the Cyclones are on their way!
(2) Courtland 2 and 1: The Cougars left their helmets and shoulder pads in the locker room their first game against Louisa! Yes they was without 2 of their 3 headed monster backs but from what i saw it would not have mattered. The lions beat them on both lines and contained Zin White! But since then the Cougars got back the other two heads back D J Jones and KamRon Taylor and are now living up to their expectations. Don't let that Louisa loss fool you because this is a good team. Other than a question mark defense this is a solid team and should be a playoff team!
(3) Spotsylvania 2 and 1: What? Are you kidding me! Could this be possible? Yes the boys from Post Oak as of right now are third best in the district as of now! They looked good in the two scrimmages and stumped their toes first game against Colonial Beach but this is a improving team with Jeremy Jack at the helm! They have a tight defense lead by Daquan Carter with 4 picks all ready and they have a bevy of backs running the single wing and a QB Trevor Croson that is a good passer! They have a excellent sophmore back in TyShaun Colbert! You will see that name in future games leading the knights. Thought i would never live to see Spotsy as a competitive team again but here it is! Not quite in the class of EV and Courtland but the Knights are up and coming!
(4) James Monroe 1 and 3: Don't let the Jackets record fool you. If they had any defense at all they would be a good team! They have a excellent offense with their usual spread offense with a tall lanky QB in Zak Davis and tall rangy receivers in Brandon Woolridge and Turner White. If this teams can find a defense they will be a much better team! Saw them once in person and 3 times on defense and i have to say their defense is horrible! But fear not JM fans with their veteran D coordinator Griffen and coach Serbay and his fine staff they will correct the defense and you wont want to play them soon!
(5) Chancellor 1 and 3: Coach Glessner is a young coach with a young team that also has a good offense lead by JR back Krissaun Scott and a young QB Trevin Edwards a good runner and passer! Saw them in our CVTV game against Riverbend and Thursday against Liberty and their defense needs a lot of work! Chargers will improve as the season goes on!
(6)King George 0 and 4: Don't let this record fool you because the Foxes are better than this record. They have played 4 Top teams and didn't really get blown out in the games until late and played Stafford pretty even until late! For some reason the Foxes didn't have a large group out for football but coach Lunsford is a hard worker and will get the best he can out his team.
(7) Caroline 1 and 3: Caroline is in the same boat as Spotsy was last year introducing a new coach and change the culture and attitude of a program that has lost for 15 years! We did a coaches show the beginning of the year on CVTV and we was impressed with Carolines new coach Doug Allison! Lets hope he stays a Caroline rather than like the many coaches that have left over the last 12 or so years. He is knowledgeable and will turn them around in the future. There are and always been good athletes at Caroline and they just need a coach to stay there and build their program. For the kids sake at Caroline lets hope Allison will.
Now there they are EV and Courtland at the top and the rest from third place down will probably change places every week. As of right now the game for first place in the district will be friday as EV takes on Courtland and i can't see any of the bottom teams upseting the top two. But thats the good thing about HS football the ball takes funny bounces some times and anything can and will happen. good luck to all the teams

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT