ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 7

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Looks like the teams in the district are starting to settle down! We now have EV and Courtland set in what looks like the position in the district they will finish.IMO they are the best two teams with EV better than Courtland. I see both these teams coasting the rest of the way. Courtland may have a little problem with a JM team if their defense get improvement when the cougars visit Maury Stadium in a couple weeks. You can throw a blanket over JM and Spotsy and Chancellor and then you have KG and Caroline that are still trying to get underway. Lets look at my rankings!
(1) EASTERN VIEW 7 @ 0 : The View made a liar out of me last week as i predicted they would score 60 or more points on the district teams that they had left to play. They had very little trouble with Chancellor but only scored 42 on the Chargers. Still by far the best team in the district hands down.
(2) COURTLAND 4 @ 2 : The cougars played around for a half against K G then put them away. The Cougars look like they are missing something and i can't seem to figure them out! Seem to play in spurts but this team has talent and can go on a run at any time. Coach Hall may have them peeking by playoff time so we shall see!
(3 ) CHANCELLOR 2 @ 5 : The Chargers played pretty well against EV but Really never got close. I don't think Chancellor has found their identity yet ! This third place position looks up for grabs With JM and Spotsy closing in on the Third place rankings. We should know about position 3 4 and 5 after JM and Spotsy plays Friday! Positions 3 through 7 lack Defense when they play good teams like EV.
( 4) JM 2 @ 4 : The Jackets are tied for this spot and with the big game against Spotsy Friday we should see who should advance up or down!
( 4)SPOTSY 3 @ 3 : Yep thats right a tie with JM for this spot as i do believe the Knights have turned the corner! Yes i know the 51 points they scored Friday was against last place Caroline but how many years have you seen the boys from post oak score that many points? The 15 years after Tim Coleman they was lucky if they got 51 all season. We was celebrating 1 victory and most the time it was by skin of their teeth to beat a bad team much less blowing them out! Big game for the Knights as it's a good old fashion rivalry from years back! This is the first time in years the knights are capable of beating JM but with The Jacket air force it's not going to be easy.
( 6) KG 1 @ 6 : The foxes stuck with Courtland last week but the Cougars put the foxes away in the second half. A young team like most of the bottom teams but they will get better. The Foxes have enough talent to beat the teams left with the exception of EV but need to improve on defense!
( 7 ) Caroline 1 @ 5 : Little disappointed in they way the Cavaliers played against Spotsy Friday. They are a little behind on their development than what i thought. They have a good coach in Doug Allison now so Caroline people support him and the team. Allison has built programs in the past so Caroline will reap the benefits of coach Allison so get behind him!
There you go my friendly picks and they must be accurarte because no one on here post anything different! Next week we may start talking about the playoffs. Can you believe the playoffs are just around the corner? Best time of the year HS football so get out and support your favorite team.

Reactions: OCBoy
Spotsy could be the 3rd best team in the district. That Spotsy Courtland game should be a doozy.

To be honest the knights will have problems with JM KG and Chancellor! They are much improved than last year but with those losses to Colonial Beach and Culpeper I don't Know how to rank them. You have to realize Spotsy has taken such a beating over the last 15 years since Tim Coleman left with not qualified head coaches it seems uncomfortable to rank them that high yet. The book is still out on them and if they can beat JM i might have enough confidence to rank them higher. One thing for sure they truly have a good coach in Jeromy Jack and a excellent staff with him and now this program is on the up swing finally. Coach Jack has the confidence in the team to beat anyone. Thats the kind of attitude we needed at Spotsy since the Coleman years. As for beating Courtland yes they can but everything needs to fall in place and they need to play a near perfect game. First one team at a time as JM is beatable but it won't be easy! I hope you see something i don't about spotsy but they have a good young team with excellent coaching but don't have enough bricks for a full load. They will have to play good to beat JM KG Chancellor and Courtland will be quite a stretch. I hope you are right about them if they can pull off a win against Courtland there will be many dancing people in down town post oak!

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
To be honest the knights will have problems with JM KG and Chancellor! They are much improved than last year but with those losses to Colonial Beach and Culpeper I don't Know how to rank them. You have to realize Spotsy has taken such a beating over the last 15 years since Tim Coleman left with not qualified head coaches it seems uncomfortable to rank them that high yet. The book is still out on them and if they can beat JM i might have enough confidence to rank them higher. One thing for sure they truly have a good coach in Jeromy Jack and a excellent staff with him and now this program is on the up swing finally. Coach Jack has the confidence in the team to beat anyone. Thats the kind of attitude we needed at Spotsy since the Coleman years. As for beating Courtland yes they can but everything needs to fall in place and they need to play a near perfect game. First one team at a time as JM is beatable but it won't be easy! I hope you see something i don't about spotsy but they have a good young team with excellent coaching but don't have enough bricks for a full load. They will have to play good to beat JM KG Chancellor and Courtland will be quite a stretch. I hope you are right about them if they can pull off a win against Courtland there will be many dancing people in down town post oak!
I seen Spotsy at EV and they are a good team. It’s very possible Spotsy wins out and yes beat Courtland!!

Battlefield rankings:
1. Eastern View
2. Courtland/Spotsy
3. Spotsy/Courtland
4. Chancellor
5. James Monroe
6. King George
7. Caroline

Tier 1:
EV

Tier 2:
Courtland