ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 8

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
The season is winding down and the top two teams remain the same and the changes will probably come from 3 through 7 as i think Spotsy is on the verge of something good! They have a shot of knocking off courtland for number two but have to beat Chancellor and KG to be in that class. Lets see how i see them after week 8!
(1) EASTERN VIEW 8 @ 0 : Had little trouble with Caroline Friday night and did what i thought scored another 60 point game. They probably do the same with what they have left in the District. Now the problem may be with winning out playing about a 80 percent effort against the district can they turn it up a notch against better competition in the playoffs? First round will probably be fine but the games get tougher as you advance in the playoffs. They have the talent to go far so we shall see.
( 2) Courtland 5 @ 2: Cougars went out to a good lead against Faquier and held on to win. They still look like a team lacking something. What i don't know? Their defense seems to be lacking the killer instinct. They are still a good playoff team but they need to get into rhythem before playoff time. Coach Hall will have them ready by playoff time.
(3) SPOTSY 4 @ 3 : Someone pinch me so i don't think i'm dreaming? OCboy i have to admit you may be right the boys from post oak may be third best in the district and a shot at number 2 if they could beat Courtland! But lets be careful the Knights are not quite good enough to beat KG and Chancellor if they make mistakes.I knew all along Spotsy was going to be good but not in two years. All we needed at Spotsy was decent coaching and now we have it with Coach Jack and his staff.With the young players they have i looked for them to excel next year but here it is. They totally dominated JM friday and i can never remember a Spotsy team to beat a JM team by that many points. We talk about the knights offense being good but how about their defense? Do you realize take out the EV game their defense has allowed only 68 points and three td's came on KO returns by their opponents? Now can they beat Courtland? Coach Jack and his coaches will tell you lets prepare for KG this week and worry about Courtland the last game of the year. Never thought i would live long enough ever to see Spotsy ranked this high this late in the season.
( 4 ) CHANCELLOR 3 @ 5 : Looks like the Chargers have a good young offense but giving up 40 points to KG their defense needs a lot of work. They are up and comng but they need to be able to stop people to be successful!
( 5 ) JM 2@ 5 : The Jackets are having trouble stopping people. Their offense is good in the passing game but they aren't running the ball very well.This late in the season the Jackets are one dimensional to beat good teams.You take the pass away and pressure Zack Davis and their offense sputters! Still have a shot at the playoffs but must find a defense and a running game to be successful especially if they get in the playoffs.
( 6 ) KG 1 @ 7 : The Foxes are another bottom end battlefield team that lacks defense. Did a great job Friday on Chancellor scoring 40 points but gave up 48 When you score 40 you should be able to win.The Foxes are still a work in progress.
( 7) CAROLINE 1 @ 6 : The Opponent this week looks a little better for them this week in Chancellor but still can't see them winning the next three weeks with Courtland and JM the last two weeks. Caroline fans give Coach Allison a chance as i feel he will turn the Caroline program around. I have said it once and i will say it again their have always been good athletes in Caroline! They just need them to come out for football.
There we go football fans. My friendly predictions with important games for playoff implications and important seedings on the line ! Season is almost over so get out and support your favorite team. HS football the greatest game going.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
After Fridays games, your rankings look pretty good. Not sure about the other Battlefield teams, but KG is REAL young. On Friday against Spotsy KG started 2 Freshmen, 2 Sophomores, and 4 Juniors on offense. Leading rusher who was out with an injury also a Sophomore. Defensively KG started 2 Freshmen, 4 Sophomores, and 2 Juniors. We only lose 7 seniors who saw significant playing time this year. Easier schedule next year coupled with many returning starters, and others with significant playing time, should result in a huge turn around. Had to take our lumps this year and the boys played real hard from start to finish in every game.

Last edited:
After Fridays games, your rankings look pretty good. Not sure about the other Battlefield teams, but KG is REAL young. On Friday against Spotsy KG started 2 Freshmen, 2 Sophomores, and 4 Juniors on offense. Leading rusher who was out with an injury also a Sophomore. Defensively KG started 2 Freshmen, 4 Sophomores, and 2 Juniors. We only lose 7 seniors who saw significant playing time this year. Easier schedule next year coupled with many returning starters, and others with significant playing time, should result in a huge turn around. Had to take our lumps this year and the boys played real hard from start to finish in every game.
You are correct in your assessment of the foxes! They are definitely young but the problem is Spotsy Caroline Chancellor and even JM are also young. This is one of the youngest District teams i have ever seen. All these teams will return a lot of players especially skilled people next season. You are correct about their schedule next year as they had a murderous schedule the past two seasons. Little concerned about their turn out this year as they had a lot of players that didn't come out or transfer. Saw them play a scrimmage last year and they had close to 100 players on JV and varsity but no where near that number this year! Hope they are not like Spotsy a few years ago as losing caused small turnout numbers and good players transferring to other schools. Good luck KG foxes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT