Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Louisa

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Lake Taylor

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Amherst

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters
I agree with Hoos and Danville. I got bullied a bit early on. Don't worry about how you write. What you write is important. Have fun and laugh at yourself when appropriate. We are all human and your opinion is yours. Without guys like you there would be no message board.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
My football Mentor from Nebraska is very familiar with Lousia program.He was friends with your former coach but I can't recalled Louisa coach name about 10 years ago.I won my 1st Championship last year with his Single Wing Offense.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Looks like nobody is really convinced with Woodgrove, even after they destroyed Millbrook.

I think the issue here is that Millbrook had played a cupcake schedule, so no one knows how good they really are yet. I don't think anyone is sleeping on Woodgrove, they've got a great shot at winning the West for sure, it's just their resume isn't quite as good as those of some other schools I'd say.

Woodgrove can play with anyone in 4A this year, but I think the poll only allowing one response instead of being a ranking made them seem only deceptively disrespected. I doubt there's anyone here who thinks they aren't the best 4A team in that corner of the state.

Coach Philips gets better each year and I'm so proud of him for sticking through it all.Please read my earlier post when I said they can beat anybody.I just want them to get better on defense and special teams.Special has gotten better each week but I was only comparing them to 06\07 team.
The punting has really improved. Defense is getting better also. Offense is awesome

I think the issue here is that Millbrook had played a cupcake schedule, so no one knows how good they really are yet. I don't think anyone is sleeping on Woodgrove, they've got a great shot at winning the West for sure, it's just their resume isn't quite as good as those of some other schools I'd say.

Woodgrove can play with anyone in 4A this year, but I think the poll only allowing one response instead of being a ranking made them seem only deceptively disrespected. I doubt there's anyone here who thinks they aren't the best 4A team in that corner of the state.

Others may howl in disagreement, and that's fine, but I feel as if William Byrd, for example, would probably beat Millbrook by a couple of TDs.

I think Woodgrove is bonafide. The Wolverines probably have the inside track to the top seed in 4A West, and when you're that good and that far away from the other top contenders, that has the potential to be a big advantage. It all depends on how well the visitors can handle a bus ride approaching four hours.

As of today I think the 4A West championship game is going to involve two out of three from Woodgrove, Salem, and Amherst. And whoever emerges to go to Williamsburg will probably be an underdog to Dinwiddie.

Reactions: Tom Potter
Others may howl in disagreement, and that's fine, but I feel as if William Byrd, for example, would probably beat Millbrook by a couple of TDs.

I think Woodgrove is bonafide. The Wolverines probably have the inside track to the top seed in 4A West, and when you're that good and that far away from the other top contenders, that has the potential to be a big advantage. It all depends on how well the visitors can handle a bus ride approaching four hours.

As of today I think the 4A West championship game is going to involve two out of three from Woodgrove, Salem, and Amherst. And whoever emerges to go to Williamsburg will probably be an underdog to Dinwiddie.
I was thinking the same thing about Woodgrove, until I watched a game. I am not sold at all. I believe they are a good quality solid team. But a shell of what they were last year. They still have a excellent QB, and will beat most teams in the state, but in my opinion the west team will come from somewhere in the South. Woodgrove will go deep in the playoffs because the west is not as strong as it has been in the last few years. Except for Amherst , who I still have not seen a complete game of.

Doubt Coach Mills and his staff believes this. A lot of season left to play, and stranger things have happened. Playoff football is about matchups and the wrong matchup for Dinwiddie could end their season earlier than expected. Been in that situation before.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Doubt Coach Mills and his staff believes this. A lot of season left to play, and stranger things have happened. Playoff football is about matchups and the wrong matchup for Dinwiddie could end their season earlier than expected. Been in that situation before.
You are exactly correct Devils. My Generals have a lot to still prove and yes match up are important. Points are going to kill us, so we will likely hit the road if we make the playoffs. Sure dont desire to come back to LT. Would love to see you guys in Dinwiddie for the Mud Bowl II.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Amherst getting Nelson County players. That kinda sounds like recruiting to me.
The Quarterback came to Amherst on his own, no recruiting. That is one thing I know that doesn't happen at Amherst. Cross proximity there, not like some that go way out of their area to get players. Amherst has so many talented players not like one school that can only get players from other areas to win. Now that the rule has changed we will see how good they are.

Just expressing my opinion, as has everyone else that's contributed to this thread. I wasn't trying to get inside any coach's head.

Don't sleep on Eastern View this year. Very big O-line (6'4-270, 6'4-300, 6'1-295, 6'5-315), hard hitting defense, speed to burn on both sides, and a very good kicker. The hard part of their schedule is over and they SHOULD be at 10-0 with a high ranking and home field.

Reactions: washwell

I definitely wouldn't sleep on William Byrd. and I know I'm biased, but I think Cville makes playoffs as well. Woodgrove and Louisa should both be 10-0. I think Dominion is solid too, they only lost to Woodgrove by 10. I also think Sherando can make a comeback and make some noise when the playoffs come. Listen, their losses were a one point loss to Louisa, who is a top 3 West team, 7 to the best team in WV (Martinsburg) and 7 to Eastern View, who is also very good. They're young, but they have a rock hard schedule and experience in close games. I would also love to see a Salem-Amherst rematch. And no offense @HoosFan05 but I wouldn't be surprised if Louisa isn't undefeated in regular season. They still have to go to Powhatan and to Charlottesville, and Orange is not bad at all. As far as the west goes I see Woodgrove going undefeated in regular season, Amherst with one loss, Salem with one, Glass with 2, William Byrd with 2, Pulaski with 2, Sherando with 3, and Charlottesville with 3, the top 8 teams in west

Last edited:
I definitely wouldn't sleep on William Byrd. and I know I'm biased, but I think Cville makes playoffs as well. Woodgrove and Louisa should both be 10-0. I think Dominion is solid too, they only lost to Woodgrove by 10. I also think Sherando can make a comeback and make some noise when the playoffs come. Listen, their losses were a one point loss to Louisa, who is a top 3 West team, 7 to the best team in WV (Martinsburg) and 7 to Eastern View, who is also very good. They're young, but they have a rock hard schedule and experience in close games. I would also love to see a Salem-Amherst rematch. And no offense @HoosFan05 but I wouldn't be surprised if Louisa isn't undefeated in regular season. They still have to go to Powhatan and to Charlottesville, and Orange is not bad at all. As far as the west goes I see Woodgrove going undefeated in regular season, Amherst with one loss, Salem with one, Glass with 2, William Byrd with 2, Pulaski with 2, Sherando with 3, and Charlottesville with 3, the top 8 teams in west
I agree with you other than Glass. Glass will probably lose 2-3 more games. I doubt very seriously they'll beat Heritage, Brookville, or JF and I'd think Rustburg would probably beat them too.

In your opinion who does Amherst lose to?

Sherando hasn't played Fort Hill MD . on the schedule this year yet, which is probably about as good as Martinsburg or better. So I could see them at 6-4 come playoff time possibly and if they will squeak in or not is yet to be seen. Usually they win a couple of those tough games every year, this year it could cost them a playoff spot. It will be close. If they lose another game besides Fort Hill, then I see them missing the playoffs for the first time in many years.

IMO Salem and Amherst will rematch, and Salem wins that one if they're healthy. Pretty much exactly like last year against JF from the benefit game to the playoff game.

Reactions: SpartanOfYore
Statistically speaking the 2007 Amherst team was the best out of the 2006-2010 span. For those interested, based solely on statistics the 2007 team beats the 2016 team 40-28. Again, this is purely from statistics and not a knock against any of the Amherst teams...and I'm surely not getting into one HC vs the other or this staff vs that staff.

IMO Salem and Amherst will rematch, and Salem wins that one if they're healthy. Pretty much exactly like last year against JF from the benefit game to the playoff game.
Don't think I would compare it to the benefit game of Last year, it will be different, but if things stay the way they are it will be at Amherst

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Don't think I would compare it to the benefit game of Last year, it will be different, but if things stay the way they are it will be at Amherst
He is comparing the similarities between the two seasons. First week of the season game loss (Amherst) vs the benefit game loss last year to JF. I do think Salem will be a much different team later on in the season from where they started.

He is comparing the similarities between the two seasons. First week of the season game loss (Amherst) vs the benefit game loss last year to JF. I do think Salem will be a much different team later on in the season from where they started.
Amherst is improving as well

Wikki my dad is in love with Amherst's team this year lol. He was coming to the Glass game last Friday until I convinced him to go to the Page/East Forsyth game in Greensboro, NC. He claims this Amherst team is very similar to those Peter Rose/Derrick McCoy/Alonzo Poe teams. Is this true? (I wanted to get a prospective from an insider)

My non-biased opinion is that this year's Amherst team can be as dominant as those teams but a different type of team. The 06-08 teams had more talent and depth at the skill positions but this year's team has one of the best O and D lines I have seen at the high school level. This team is definitely the best team from the area since the 06-08 Amherst teams.

My non-biased opinion is that this year's Amherst team can be as dominant as those teams but a different type of team. The 06-08 teams had more talent and depth at the skill positions but this year's team has one of the best O and D lines I have seen at the high school level. This team is definitely the best team from the area since the 06-08 Amherst teams.
I haven't seen this year's team but this is what I've heard from my dad. Big/physical guys on the O and D lines. Thanks Vol. How do they stack up with Appomattox this year? I'll be at the Appo/Dan River game Friday. To me, Appo is the only team left on Amherst's regular season schedule that can beat them.

I haven't seen this year's team but this is what I've heard from my dad. Big/physical guys on the O and D lines. Thanks Vol. How do they stack up with Appomattox this year? I'll be at the Appo/Dan River game Friday. To me, Appo is the only team left on Amherst's regular season schedule that can beat them.[/QUOTE

I have seen both teams play and I want to say Appo wins for personal reasons but, I just think Amherst is too physical across the board this year and for that reason, Amherst will win. Appo is more athletic/talented at the skill positions though. But, I could be wrong.

Not so fast guys. One game at a time. Thomas Dale has every intention of making a statement Friday night. And they have the horse to do it.

Incidentally, a shout out to the kids a Caroline. I can only imagine the jubilation after the game last night. Congrats to them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT