Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Louisa

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Lake Taylor

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Amherst

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters
Actually your one of the smartest poster on this board.I try and read everything you,DP,Mike Salem and HoosFan and a few has to post,cause yall are smart,humble and respectful.I used to post more years ago but I had someone from another school made fun of my lack of English.

Hey Linheart, I thought you could appreciate this. I graduated from Petersburg High in 1972. I stopped getting an education after the 8th grade, because of A). my own stupidity, and B). utter failure of the school system. A few years later, after having become a paid firefighter, I joined the trend to get an education. I enrolled at John Tyler Community College. My application asked that I be enrolled in the Fire Science program. As I was sitting there filling out the application, panic took hold. I did not know how to properly spell "science".

Long story short, I saved that application. I still have it to this day.

I knew I was a lot smarter than that. And I knew that not knowing how to spell a word did not define me. I made two promises to myself that day. First, I would not sit in judgement of someone because they may not have had access to a quality education. Or any education, for that matter. Secondly, I decided not to accept my deficiency. It was up to me to do something about it.

So to you, and anyone else out there that feels like they may write in a manner that someone may criticize, as eloquently as I know how to say this, "screw the pompous SOB's".

You sir, you can write and say anything you want. We have your back.

Hey Linheart, I thought you could appreciate this. I graduated from Petersburg High in 1972. I stopped getting an education after the 8th grade, because of A). my own stupidity, and B). utter failure of the school system. A few years later, after having become a paid firefighter, I joined the trend to get an education. I enrolled at John Tyler Community College. My application asked that I be enrolled in the Fire Science program. As I was sitting there filling out the application, panic took hold. I did not know how to properly spell "science".

Long story short, I saved that application. I still have it to this day.

I knew I was a lot smarter than that. And I knew that not knowing how to spell a word did not define me. I made two promises to myself that day. First, I would not sit in judgement of someone because they may not have had access to a quality education. Or any education, for that matter. Secondly, I decided not to accept my deficiency. It was up to me to do something about it.

So to you, and anyone else out there that feels like they may write in a manner that someone may criticize, as eloquently as I know how to say this, "screw the pompous SOB's".

You sir, you can write and say anything you want. We have your back.
One of the people that I respected most in this world quituated (as he always put it) after 6th grade.

That was our beloved Uncle Eugene who passed away a couple of months ago. You can't take the full measure of a man by just looking at his papers. Honestly, I think this world values paper (degrees, money) more than it does people.

Actually your one of the smartest poster on this board.I try and read everything you,DP,Mike Salem and HoosFan and a few has to post,cause yall are smart,humble and respectful.I used to post more years ago but I had someone from another school made fun of my lack of English.
I'm sorry I just noticed your post and I am humbled by your comments. I enjoy reading your perspective, as well as Wikki, and Amherst#1 from the Amherst fans.

I'm glad to see the Lancers back as they will help the Spartans as they push one another to be better and be prepared for the East squads if either is fortunate enough to get to get to the Finals. We'll get at least 2 more years of this matchup during the regular season as they will play again next cycle.

Keep posting my friend, you do a good job and we enjoy reading your comments and we appreciate you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT