ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest surprise in 3A so far...

Nov 25, 2002
There are a few I didn't see that coming events in 3A through my eyes. Phoebus being shutout in back to back games...Wow didn't see that coming! Rustburg Red Devils...Wow didn't see that coming! Magna Vista getting hammered by Dan River and William Byrd...Wow didn't see that coming! What are your "Wow didn't see that coming" moments from 3A so far! Just to defend these I know Phoebus will bounce back but it is not the norm at Phoebus! Rustburg is a quality team and are in alot of highly contested games but this season seem to hit that extra gear and pull away at the finish line! And Magna Vista is much improved from week 3 and that's due to the QB Akira Greenfield stepping up under center for them Warriors! Good luck to all teams and stay healthy! Playoffs are around the corner!

Reactions: LowRider635
There are a few I didn't see that coming events in 3A through my eyes. Phoebus being shutout in back to back games...Wow didn't see that coming! Rustburg Red Devils...Wow didn't see that coming! Magna Vista getting hammered by Dan River and William Byrd...Wow didn't see that coming! What are your "Wow didn't see that coming" moments from 3A so far! Just to defend these I know Phoebus will bounce back but it is not the norm at Phoebus! Rustburg is a quality team and are in alot of highly contested games but this season seem to hit that extra gear and pull away at the finish line! And Magna Vista is much improved from week 3 and that's due to the QB Akira Greenfield stepping up under center for them Warriors! Good luck to all teams and stay healthy! Playoffs are around the corner!
We learned last year that Magna Vista is a team that really improves as the year progresses. They should be right in the mix come late November, early December. I think Rustburg is the biggest surprise in 3A so far. They were in games last year right till the end, but didn't have quite enough to pull out the victory. This year they've finished those close games and pulled out big wins against Brookville, JF, and Heritage. With a week off to prepare for Amherst and with Turner out I think Friday’s game will come right down to the wire again.

Bburg may be a team peaking at the right time. They have changed things up, and are now playing some kids both ways and have stopped the stupid onside kicks.

Reactions: mvwarrior
Bburg may be a team peaking at the right time. They have changed things up, and are now playing some kids both ways and have stopped the stupid onside kicks.

You know Blacksburg has been in some big games this season until the end. I forgot about them.

You know Blacksburg has been in some big games this season until the end. I forgot about them.
Friday will be very telling going up against PH. The only team we have played that was more talented than us was Salem. We have double digit leads on everyone minus Salem.

Reactions: mvwarrior
Blacksburg's spread could give people some problems, but other than the little speedster who else do they have at receiver? I think thats what separates good spread teams from average spread teams. Multiple threats.

Blacksburg has had the lead in every game this year but failed to close the deal in 5 of them. (OK, one of those was a brief 7-0 lead over Salem but everyone knew how that would go.) Against 5A Patrick Henry last week they were in control until special teams disasters gave PH short fields and a safety. If it took Blacksburg 9 games to figure out how not to self-destruct they could be a much tougher playoffs out than people are thinking.

Reactions: JOrndorff
Blacksburg has had the lead in every game this year but failed to close the deal in 5 of them. (OK, one of those was a brief 7-0 lead over Salem but everyone knew how that would go.) Against 5A Patrick Henry last week they were in control until special teams disasters gave PH short fields and a safety. If it took Blacksburg 9 games to figure out how not to self-destruct they could be a much tougher playoffs out than people are thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT