ADVERTISEMENT

Bold Playoff Prediction

appydawg85

VaPreps Rookie
Dec 3, 2006
Louisa, Charlottesville, and Powhatan all three advance tonight in the VHSL Playoffs quieting the Jefferson District naysayers. Anyone care to comment?

Louisa, Charlottesville, and Powhatan all three advance tonight in the VHSL Playoffs quieting the Jefferson District naysayers. Anyone care to comment?

Well, two of those three are the higher-seeded teams playing at home. The third is going on the road against a team that hasn't won a playoff game in five years (and not many prior to that). So if all three manage wins tonight, anyone so inclined would probably still have ample basis to say "Nay."

Now, should all three win again next week, perhaps some kind of point will have been made.

Reactions: mbonape1

I picked Powhatan and Charlottesville. I'm taking Monacan on the other side though.

Reactions: appydawg85
Well, two of those three are the higher-seeded teams playing at home. The third is going on the road against a team that hasn't won a playoff game in five years (and not many prior to that). So if all three manage wins tonight, anyone so inclined would probably still have ample basis to say "Nay."

Now, should all three win again next week, perhaps some kind of point will have been made.
I guess I should have said "for the moment"

Assuming this happens, Louisa would probably go to Dinwiddie, Powhatan would probably go to Eastern View, and Charlottesville would go to Woodgrove. Not easy matchups. AT ALL.

But if it does happen tonight I wouldn't be so surprised. Powhatan has the Hopewell win to hang their hats on, Louisa has multiple good wins, and Charlottesville has the WA, Harrisonburg and Louisa wins to hang their hats on.

I think all three listed have a shot win, but Louisa and Powhatan will have their hands full. Both Powhatan and Louisa need to play sound defense to get the job done.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I would agree blackknight, but I know very little about John Champe. Chancellor and Monacan both stretch you out wide and vertical. Their offenses are very explosive. Powhatan and Louisa can control the clock with the power running games, but they both have to keep the scores down to win their games. Get in a shootout and they go home. Keep it under 28 and they can win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT