ADVERTISEMENT

Boys Region 2D Finals - Graham 75 Gate City 59 - FINAL

like i said in past post, dean 5 points, ervin 12, and mcclung 39 and a loss, dont have to stop mcclung because u cant and he can score, the others not so much,

Neutral poster but it looks like if you let mcclung get his and limit the supporting cast you have a very good chance of handing GC a loss. In all the box scores you normally see Ervin and Dean atleast contribute 30 points between them tonight they had 17.

Neutral poster but it looks like if you let mcclung get his and limit the supporting cast you have a very good chance of handing GC a loss. In all the box scores you normally see Ervin and Dean atleast contribute 30 points between them tonight they had 17.

Good point. I'm sure Cormany is already working on that. lol

GC vs Radford will be a great game, both teams have star power and have pretty much ran through everyone they’ve played but the biggest thing will be how well GC supporting cast plays as Radford is a lot more balanced and can flat out hoop.

yes, i agree totally, Graham has been the best non know sports program from southwest va for years and years, they never get any attention, probably cause the BDT is the paper that covers them and they get no TV coverage here locally

Ahhh, there it is hyperbole. Hyperbole due to anger and u having no argument. Nobody said nothing about "All Sports teams" for Graham. Nobody said anything about "all the years." I only know the school is in 2A Hoops. Never seen the school or been there. I know this, there scores this year were obvious, the record was obvious that in 2017-18, they have a very good team and have been overshadowed by the talk of MVille, GC, and Radford, and based on these three teams histories, maybe deservingly so, but there's no question about it, they haven't got the attention they deserve for......the 2A 2017-18 basketball season. Regarding all other sports or past years, I have no idea and couldn't care less. I simply know a good Hoops team on a given year when I see one.

We played Graham early in the season and the Dogs know how good they are. Score at the end was closer than the game was. Graham is well coached and they play very well together on O and D.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Living in the Bluefields I feel pretty bad for not giving Graham a chance to win the game. I didn’t think they had enough athletes to keep GC out of the lane and I didn’t think they had enough scoring on offense to score in the 70’s.

I’m in Tennessee for the weekend so I didn’t make it to Wise so I don’t know how the game played out but it sounds like Graham dictated it from the start. I don’t know how they did it but I do know that G-Men fans are really gonna miss Coach Carlock’s prepping and in game coaching next season.

best of luck to Coach Carlock , If the NRV team doesn't win it I'm pulling for him and the G-Men

Carlock accepted other employment that is more lucrative.

As far as doubting the G men. I never doubt the heart that those young men play with. More folks in tbe Bluefield area need to recognize the fight and drive these kids have. Dont listen to those Graham fans on that other messageboard. They do nothing but doubt them.

Those kids work very hard and are very unselfish and play as a team. The coaching staff does a very good job of preparing them mentally and physically. The better team won that game. Graham has some very good talent of their own also.

Last edited:
Reactions: AntGZee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT