ADVERTISEMENT

Boys Region 2D Finals - Graham 75 Gate City 59 - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
DW15Fd0W4AAORzl.jpg

DW15Q9AXcAI8aYq.jpg

(Thanks to Brian Woodson for the images)

Graham comes into the game with a 23-2 mark, while Gate City is (24-1).

Gate City 10, Graham 6 4:41 in the 1st

Emil Curto FTs pull Graham within 20-18 of Gate City in Region 2D Finals. 6:14 left in 2nd

Gate city 23 Graham 23 with five minutes left in first half

@pizzzzza I’m not sure if you’ve seen him tweeting but Tim Hayes from the Bristol Herald is posting a ton of updates tonight. He’s @hayes_BHCsports

Reactions: pizzzzza
Graham owns the second quarter, 16-6

Darrin Martin gives the lead to Graham with 2 foul shots before half

DW2DgWgX4AAwV5S.jpg

Only six points in 2nd for GC, they've never shot well at UVAW but that's surprising. I can't imagine GC being held to many more six point quarters but I dunno .

Reactions: pizzzzza
Everyone please feel free to post the updated scores as the game goes along.

I just wanted to provide a thread so that we all can contribute.

Great game so far!

Graham extends lead to ten, 41-31, Midway thru third. Shocked GC has had so little offense

I warned you about Graham. They play defense. There no shock in Graham's d, but being up 10, that's shocking. Look for GC to come back and win, but still, it proves the point I warned this board about 2 months ago. Graham has a very good basketball team.

How it looks tonight, GC won't win again. Bizarre to have such a poor showing, knowing the loser has to face likely Radford. I can't imagine what's going thru GC fans minds.

How it looks tonight, GC won't win again. Bizarre to have such a poor showing, knowing the loser has to face likely Radford. I can't imagine what's going thru GC fans minds.

LMAO, knew it was coming before the game even ends, the dialogue will be, "GC just ain't all that." Again, what on Earth does Graham has to do to get any respect? It's almost comical. They are playing in front of what, 4 or 5 thousand people with 3800 or 4800 rooting against them. I still think GC comes back, but....Graham is no slouch.

End of 3rd qtr GC 36 - Graham 48

Mac McClung 19 Bradley Dean 2 Zac Ervin 12 Jon Compton 3

where is vermillions coaching superiority, what?? lol, doesn't surprise me, i told you guys that GC doesn't play D, they snowbird, and if you rebound and play D on ervin and dean you could win,

Reactions: GMAlum
where is vermillions coaching superiority, what?? lol, doesn't surprise me, i told you guys that GC doesn't play D, they snowbird, and if you rebound and play D on ervin and dean you could win,

No offense, but once again, another post that gives no credit to Graham. Graham lost two games to the same team in WV by 1 point in both games. That team is a contender for the WV stay title and an absolute powerhouse year in and year out with many state titles. Graham is a solid team.

Boys Basketball, Region 2D Finals, 3:28 remaining: Graham 59, Gate City 43

Game delayed at the 3:28 mark of the 4th quarter because of a Graham player injury and an apparent altercation between the Gate City bench and some Graham fans.

lucas you are dead wrong about what i said, when i read that carlock was the coach for them, i knew that if he was half the coach his dad was, GC was in trouble

Boys Basketball, Region 2D Finals, 2:42 remaining: Graham 61, Gate City 46

I'm serving some dad gum Crowe. Now, if Graham blows them out in a virtual GC home game, does Graham still not get any credit, or do we just stay with the GC isn't that good theme. Folks, defense wins titles, and Radford and Graham play defense, and have athletes to go with it.

Reactions: toughy299
Timeout with 1:29 remaining in the Boys Region 2D Championship, Graham 65, Gate City 52

9, not about u or what u said, ifs about what has Not been said about Graham on this board all year, and speaking of McClungs D, what about the D being played on him. That's the difference in the contest....Graham's defense.

22 seconds left, Graham up 73-59 over Gate City in the Boys Region 2D Championship

you need to watch that video above, all you need to see, if mcclung plays D like that at Georgetown, lol whatever lol

I've seen Gate City play several times this year and McClung hasnt played any defense in any of those games. Overall, GC plays bad team defense. McClung will need to work on his defensive skills before next year or he wont get off the bench on the D1 level.

Reactions: toughy299
yes, i agree totally, Graham has been the best non know sports program from southwest va for years and years, they never get any attention, probably cause the BDT is the paper that covers them and they get no TV coverage here locally

Devils take their 2nd loss of the year. Final score GC 59 - Graham 75

Mac McClung 39
Bradley Dean 5
Zac Ervin 12
Jon Compton 3

I had mentioned in the Gate City/Union thread last night that I felt Mac HAD to have more help, or this team would not go any further...tonight proved the point - 39 points but no help!

Plus Graham must have one heck of a defense.

Gate City vs Radford - State QF matchup - wow!

Just like Lee vs Gate City last year in the state QF opening game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT