ADVERTISEMENT

Brookville vs. Blacksburg

Oct 25, 2016
Lynchburg
Can the Bees slow down the Blacksburg offense than ran wild last Friday night at LB? Looks like both teams may be hot at the right time. Any predictions?

I haven't seen Brookville play this year but I have heard they can't stop
a good running game. If that's the case they may be in trouble this
week. Blacksburg has a big and strong offensive line and speed
in the backfield. I'm gonna say Blacksburg pulls the upset and
wins 28-24.

Reactions: onereddevil4
Can BBurg stop Bville Offense ? Can Bville get a stop here or there to get the Win ??!! Seems like BBurg has got hot at the right time . Should be a great game ! Go Bees !!!

Reactions: iskolinbckers
Can BBurg stop Bville Offense ? Can Bville get a stop here or there to get the Win ??!! Seems like BBurg has got hot at the right time . Should be a great game ! Go Bees !!!
well I do believe Brookville will take care of business, they only had one lose at home this year and it's a tuff place to play.. Meeks will have them ready, they have a great special teams core, that will take it to the house kick or punt, and the defense is playing well 49-0 , heck Tunstall handle Maga Vista the first have and ran all over them, 14.-0 then they got on track to win. But it's playoffs Bee's have alot more skill and speed and Blacksburg hasn't played anyone besides Salem and the ones they lost to, 5-5 not a back team, not in there league.. Go Bee's

Last edited:
If the Bees defense is as soft as everyone says they are their offense
won't get but so many possessions anyway.Blacksburg will keep the
chains moving on them all night and look for no.32 to break a few
long runs along the way. When he gets to the second level he is gone
and I seriously doubt Brookville has anyone that's gonna run him down
from behind. Should be a great game.

For all you folks who continue to say bees line is soft r nuts.they r 9-2 . Qb does not throw for all the yards that he has with out blocking .they have done a outstanding job this year. A lot of people talking have not seen them play. We have beat a 5a team that's in the playoffs and gone through a very tough Seminole district top to bottom best in 3a. I hope people tnk the line is weak because u are going to be surprised when they punch your team in the mouth

well I do believe Brookville will take care of business, they only had one lose at home this year and it's a tuff place to play.. Meeks will have them ready, they have a great special teams core, that will take it to the house kick or punt, and the defense is playing well 49-0 , heck Tunstall handle Maga Vista the first have and ran all over them, 14.-0 then they got on track to win. But it's playoffs Bee's have alot more skill and speed and Blacksburg hasn't played anyone besides Salem and the ones they lost to, 5-5 not a back team, not in there league.. Go Bee's
Brookville has a very good team and should take care of business with home field being a significant advantage for them. I believe you missed the boat in some of your other analysis. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the Tunstall/MV game as MV clearly was looking ahead to GW before waking up and taking care of business. As far as skill and speed goes, Blacksburg has good skill and speed(Beck is a state champ in sprints) and Johnston is a young, skilled QB that gets better with each rep. I believe Brookville's edge is not the speed and skill area but, the play of the interior line. While I believe Brookville has a better schedule, Blacksburg has played some decent teams besides Salem(both Pulaski(4A) and PH(5A) were playoff teams) even if they were tough losses. Most importantly, Blacksburg seems to be getting better/hot at the right time. This is the long way of saying, while Brookville should win, if they get caught overlooking the Bruins they could find themselves in a tight game in the fourth quarter and as anybody knows in the playoffs, you let a team hang around and you often get a bad surprise at the end.

Reactions: iskolinbckers
Brookville is a tough place to play. Speed is close between these two with Brookville having the better passer and Blacksburg the better running qb. The line advantage goes to Blacksburg. Blacksburg is playing really well right now and might pull the upset in this one. Nice weather so should be high scoring...42-38 Bruins

Yeah from the highlights I have watched Blacksburg will
have the advantage in the trenches and Brookville seems to
have a pretty poor tackling defense and that's bad
news with the running game the Bruins have.

Bees at home with potent offense, speed to burn and many experienced players. Coach Meeks has playoff pedigree and they are hitting their stride. Running game complements the spread. If you score quick and often, you will not have to worry about ball possession of opposing team or their size. They have fared well against bigger teams, Amherst, JF for example. Bees by 12-15 points.

Be careful doubting the Boyz from Bburg. These guys will be the fastest team you have seen this season, and everyone knows SPEED kills.

Reactions: wikki
A few Bee fans that got stung twice tonight and will be replacing their turkey with a heaping of crow.

I personally believe Blacksburg should have had a better record if their coach didn't have the stupid notion of going for it on fourth downs and not punting earlier in the season. They lost a lot of close games earlier in the season. After abandoning it they have been on a roll. Congrats to them hope they go all the way!!

I personally believe Blacksburg should have had a better record if their coach didn't have the stupid notion of going for it on fourth downs and not punting earlier in the season. They lost a lot of close games earlier in the season. After abandoning it they have been on a roll. Congrats to them hope they go all the way!!

Reactions: 1bburgfan
Somebody better check Blacksburg for PEDs. Something's amiss when a team loses to Giles (see their woodshed beating last night) in their season opener and then runs up the score on Lord Botetourt and Brookville in the first two rounds of the playoffs. Blacksburg is a 10 seed but they are walking through the playoffs like they own the joint.

This and he also stopped giving teams like Giles,Abingdon,and Salem starting field position on the 50 or 45 yard line due to onside kicks. Another factor in the improved play we finally started playing some kids both ways. Got to put ur best 11 on the field. While I have been critical earlier in the season, some kudos are deserved for realizing your mistakes and correcting them. Sometimes you just have to let the kids play............ Onward XXXXXX

Reactions: Salemgal
Somebody better check Blacksburg for PEDs. Something's amiss when a team loses to Giles (see their woodshed beating last night) in their season opener and then runs up the score on Lord Botetourt and Brookville in the first two rounds of the playoffs. Blacksburg is a 10 seed but they are walking through the playoffs like they own the joint.
Different coaching style then what you saw the first games of the season. * see above post PEDs = Passing Every Down ?

Yeah, I thought the no kick policy was kind of dumb. There are some teams that are starting to do it and having success, but I think there's a reason why so many teams throughout the years and on different levels don't. It pays off less often than it does.

Yeah, I thought the no kick policy was kind of dumb. There are some teams that are starting to do it and having success, but I think there's a reason why so many teams throughout the years and on different levels don't. It pays off less often than it does.
Statistically it sounds good, however, it puts an inordinate amount of pressure on your defense and relieves some pressure on the opponent's offense when not successful. The psychological effect is hard to account for Statistically. Of course, if successful, those stresses work in reverse.

I hate to say I told you so but I knew this was coming
although I thought it would be a closer game.Any team
that can't tackle has no shot against Blacksburg.Didnt
make it to the game but could someone tell me did
Brookville just quit or just overmatched?

Couldn't stop the running back and played from behind. Gave up chunk yardage to a Blacksburg team playing with a chip in their shoulder and nothing to lose attitude.

Reactions: kevtodd5
I hope Meeks will eventually figure out you have to play
some defense to win playoff games.I have my doubts
though because he hasn't put a defense on the field
since arrived there three years ago. Been going to games
at Stinger stadium for 40+ years and never seen the
Bees take a beating like that. Bring back Marshall Schmitt
he will fix it for you Meeks.

Reactions: HokieTDTech
I hope Meeks will eventually figure out you have to play
some defense to win playoff games.I have my doubts
though because he hasn't put a defense on the field
since arrived there three years ago. Been going to games
at Stinger stadium for 40+ years and never seen the
Bees take a beating like that. Bring back Marshall Schmitt
he will fix it for you Meeks.

Amen, That guy is a legend. I rarely ever post, but I have to post when a name like Marshall Schmitt shows up. I will gladly enlighten. Most of you all don't know him; if you do you know him, you know that he is one of the best Men you've ever been around. He has retired from coaching. He coached at every level in his 30+ years in the business. Was an HC at the youth level, an HC at the Middle School level, A Defensive Coordinator of a State Championship Caliber team at BHS in 2008, and was on staff in 2011 and 2012 during the 28-0 run. He was named HC at BHS as soon as Woody left. He held it together. One thing he has always done - commanded respect. Using his own hunting terms, he never let his players "chase rabbits." His teams were disciplined, they left their feet to make plays the entire game, they won and loss with class, and they loved the game. I played for him, and I love him. He taught me everything I know about fundamental football. Spend 20 minutes or less with the man and you will realize he is a modern day John Wayne. Seems like they are busy lettin em "chase rabbits" at BHS these days which is a far cry from the very disciplined days of yesteryear; by yesteryear I mean the days of Mr. Whorley who was the HC in the early 70s when Marshall Schmitt was a player for the Bees. Mr. Whorley never let em chase rabbits; Coach Schmitt wouldn't allow it either. 2 post game altercations in the last 3 games, and how many personal foul penalties? That's not the BHS I know. As always though, I'm sure it's not their fault...Makes my heart hurt.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT