ADVERTISEMENT

Buckingham 20 Page 19 in OT

Page is a darn good football team and they came to win. Whale of a game. It was a brutal game these young men played tonight. I said last week that I was worried about the injuries as of late and they really hit us tonight. Starting QB set out the entire 2nd half and you can't afford to lose a player of his caliber in a big game like this. It do goes to show the coaching staff trust in their backups. Great win over a really good team.

@BCKnights, the East Rock team you face next week is a sledge hammer as well. I hope the QB is not injured. I hate to see a team lose key players especially in the playoffs.
I know. This Region B is tough. The 8 seed was 6-4 7th seed and below 7-3 6-4 7-3 7-3 8-2 9-1 9-1. Page were huge up front and they played with heart. I was very impressed with the Page team I saw tonight. This was no fluke.

Which game is the bigger fluke? Page taking Buckingham to the wire in a playoff game or Buckingham thumping Appo early in the season? Or, were neither games flukes and Region B is just better than Region C?

Which game is the bigger fluke? Page taking Buckingham to the wire in a playoff game or Buckingham thumping Appo early in the season? Or, were neither games flukes and Region B is just better than Region C?
I think the game is just different this time of year. It’s more ball-security/control and physical. The ball is slick and the hits can hurt a little more. Games seem to come down to who can handle those aspects!!

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Neither game was a fluke. We were 100% healthy against Appomattox. The injury bug has really thinned us out.

I watched Appomattox Buckingham game and Appomattox playing Gretna. Neither game was actually a fluke but you could definitely see Appomattox has improved tenfold since that game.

Reactions: obguthr
Page were the biggest team we've faced this year. They were bigger than Appomattox and Goochland up front. The difference in this game were the loss of our QB. I think once we settled down we could've stretched it out on them but losing Toney made us more conservative. All in all Page played us tougher than anyone this year. Even with the Goochland game we dominated them and shot ourselves in the foot inside the 10 yard line. This game was a dog fight from start to finish. Hats off to Page. You can't call an effort from a team like that a fluke.

Page were the biggest team we've faced this year. They were bigger than Appomattox and Goochland up front. The difference in this game were the loss of our QB. I think once we settled down we could've stretched it out on them but losing Toney made us more conservative. All in all Page played us tougher than anyone this year. Even with the Goochland game we dominated them and shot ourselves in the foot inside the 10 yard line. This game was a dog fight from start to finish. Hats off to Page. You can't call an effort from a team like that a fluke.
Welcome back to Region B. Glad to have another quality school in the region.

I will say that first game was back and forth for fhe first half I believe ending 7-7. Our QB got injured at end of 2nd Q. After that Buckingham took over the second half. I think if our QB stayed healthy we could have kept it a close game, but it is what it is. Buckingham was the better team that night. As stated above, Appo is playing more like a fine tuned unit now flying to the ball. I would love a rematch in the States against Bucktown if it goes that far. I picked Buckingham to make it on their side but if their QB is done (hope not) then Idk who wins it. I think Appo can make it to the ship again if everyone stays healthy, thats key. Hope everyone from all teams stays healthy !!! #PO1Always #Seeking4

I will say that first game was back and forth for fhe first half I believe ending 7-7. Our QB got injured at end of 2nd Q. After that Buckingham took over the second half. I think if our QB stayed healthy we could have kept it a close game, but it is what it is. Buckingham was the better team that night. As stated above, Appo is playing more like a fine tuned unit now flying to the ball. I would love a rematch in the States against Bucktown if it goes that far. I picked Buckingham to make it on their side but if their QB is done (hope not) then Idk who wins it. I think Appo can make it to the ship again if everyone stays healthy, thats key. Hope everyone from all teams stays healthy !!! #PO1Always #Seeking4

Yea, I don’t know about that first game. They were pushing us around pretty good. We were missing a few starters but they just wanted that game and it appeared our boys thought the game was theirs because of what past Raiders accomplished.
This team has come to realize that THEY need to set their own path.

I watched Appomattox Buckingham game and Appomattox playing Gretna. Neither game was actually a fluke but you could definitely see Appomattox has improved tenfold since that game.
This is what scares me. The Buckingham game gave me hope that the Raiders were vulnerable. I think Appomattox may be close to their dominant form again. Lots of great games ahead for both teams to prove their mettle. A rematch in Salem would be exciting but there's a lot of quality teams trying to prevent it.

This is what scares me. The Buckingham game gave me hope that the Raiders were vulnerable. I think Appomattox may be close to their dominant form again. Lots of great games ahead for both teams to prove their mettle. A rematch in Salem would be exciting but there's a lot of quality teams trying to prevent it.

There are lots of quality teams trying to prevent Graham from repeating

Reactions: BCKnights
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT