ADVERTISEMENT

Buckingham @ Richlands

That is for sure, nobody is assured of getting to Salem much less winning it all yet ! Still a couple of rounds yet to go before we know the answer to that question.

Is there many teams that don't have transfers? Giles, Virginia, Lee and Glenvar have at least 1. I'm sure there is more. Pretty common.
Most teams have 1 or 2 transfers at least and I see no problem as long as parents actually do move. We live in a transient society nowadays. The problem comes up when they get an address in the school boundaries or fake an address by using a relatives address and don't actually move. This happens more than people realize but VHSL will do nothing about this even when it's rampant and out of control. I know of a wrestling team that has done this for 15+ years and has benefited greatly from doing so at the expense of other teams in and outside the area. When you are a nationally ranked team bringing kudos to the state they won't touch you...no matter the sport. These teams will say they just attract the talent but everyone knows what is really going on behind the scenes. This is one of my biggest issues with VHSL....Make rules, policies which are voted on by their governing board..but don't enforce the same or when they do they apply the rules inconsistently. To level the playing field at the elite level any team almost has to be looking for transfers in this day and age so my attitude has changed to..go for it...why not?....A rule not enforced is no rule at all.

There are 14 other teams still playing that will have something to say about it.... 2A WEST is LOADED this year. There are a couple in the East that could take it all, that is on nobody's radar at this point.
Quoting myself.... I still think that Richlands or Union are the odds on favorite, but I've seen a lot of football in my time and stranger things have happened..there are a lot of well coached, good football teams left out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT