ADVERTISEMENT

Buckingham Runningback Quit

If only Seth Wilkerson was
Call me anytime buddy, love to talk to you. 336-706-4455
Really hate the situation with Raheem, being his Sr year. From what I remember of him from talking to pop he was a great kid. I remember at the Martinsville game last year, he pointed him out and said, "that's my running back next year". Friday nights are different now for sure. Would have never imagined the program being where it's at. I have to admit at the beginning of the year being some what jealous/bitter thinking I wish the new coach well but I hope he doesn't do too well because I don't want the people up there to forget who Coach Gill was. Just hate the sitatution is what it is now.
Coach Gill memories will alwys live in our hearts.thats one coach we will never foget

I have nothing to do with Buckingham, but I enjoy reading BCKnights and I will say that there was someone either not realizing what they wrote on a "blog" or lying, because I went back and checked. Here is the beginning of the post

"First off I would like to say Good evening bloggers...Everything you are hearing on this blog is not the truth (it's only a blog)... (Buckingham star player did not quit, he was dismissed from the team for multiple negative offenses)... What is not being mentioned in this blog is (star player repeatedly miss or purposely late to practice multiple times. Also was getting in trouble in class , was referred to the principal office..Also player also was failing multiple classes which made him in eligible to play for the next game for Buckingham) (Which was little disturbing because I found out that Buckingham football team do study hall after school everyday with an actually tutor on staff)I go to Buckingham practice everyday I feel very down because the kid is very talented and is definitely a college player. "

So YES academic grades were posted by saying "failing multiple classes"

I thought this was a message board forum, not a "Blog"

That would be easy for someone to confuse i guess...especially when they dont know the difference between a parent and a coach.

Another thing that is disturbing is this. That coach posted and not one time did he say how he or the coaching staff was reaching out to him to make him successful?

I'm more stuck on the fact that he lied, and still won't own up to it saying he should have said "disregards a parent who witnesses it". What a joke to the whole coaching staff that he comes on here, gets caught in a lie, and still tried to weasel his way out of it? If you start with a lie then I can guarantee everything else he said in that broken English is a lie too.

Another thing that is disturbing is this. That coach posted and not one time did he say how he or the coaching staff was reaching out to him to make him successful?

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Exactly Advocate, the players have to turn in their grades from each class on a weekly basis and if they saw this kid was struggling and they cared so much, then why didn't he become a priority for help? One thing I can say is kids that became ineligible in the past did so long after football but now there's a study hall and practice 6 days a week and kids are ineligible? The stories or rumors that come out to the public are coming from the locker room so what people are saying on a message board is the last thing the coaches should be focused on. The kids in that locker room are no fools.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
i think he is mistaken on this as well. there are people that care more about these kids on teams than the coaches. So we do keep an ear to the community and many of us know these kids, talk to the kids, and friends with coaches, administration and parents. So you will be amazed at how much truthful stuff is on these boards. I am friends with many of these figures in the community. What i wont put on this board is stuff that will hurt the team or give someone an advantage. Devon Graves went down with knee injury after Heritage, missed 2 games, did u hear a peep? Delonta Kelso our famed LB, he missed 2 games for bum knew. Did u hear me say a peep. our best OLman #51 X Morgan went down last week and wasnt in game, didnt say a peep. They all back now.

Yeah, lying about being a parent when he was a coach to promote "his buddy (Head coach)" tops the cake. What great "God fearing" character you have sir!
God bless!

Last edited:
"What i wont put on this board is stuff that will hurt the team or give someone an advantage. Devon Graves went down with knee injury after Heritage, missed 2 games, did u hear a peep? Delonta Kelso our famed LB, he missed 2 games for bum knew. Did u hear me say a peep. our best OLman #51 X Morgan went down last week and wasnt in game, didnt say a peep."

It must be Easter, because that's alot of peeps right there.

I am sure those kids, their friends and family, and their team appreciate you exposing that info about them. Most of all your team's opponents would like you to keep blabbing, we welcome it whenever someone like you gives us info or bulletin board material. We could have used it earlier.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...onlXPwHxLa6FJM3QwntEdIO-hpuqAqAh2ux99AXeUH6Vo

I know this dude didnt just try to soak on me?

Look Hill Billy Bill from the Hill, You act like i was giving big damage reports. Billy from the Hill, they was nothing morethan spained knees. Pump ya brakes.
family, and their team appreciate you exposing that info about them. Most of all your team's opponents would like you to keep blabbing, we welcome it whenever someone like you gives us info or bulletin board material. We could have used it earlier.
exactly, I know they do, so in case ya missed it.
I DIDN'T "BLAB" A THING ABOUT IT. these guys i mentioned are all ready to go on all cylinders.

As if the situation in Buckingham couldn't get weirder or worse, there's trolling by a member of the coaching staff whose literacy is a grave concern. I'm changing this week's pick to Amelia. Buckingham is in disarray.

It is an absolute shame that the football program at Buckingham has become a complete mockery.
Way to go administration for not vetting your hires thoroughly AND NOT hiring the qualified coach you already had in house.

Reactions: KnightsFan1776
I'm a bit new at this, but I must say that I am quite concerned about the rumor mill that is flowing here.
Not 1 of you know first hand what has happened and the reason versus the fabrications. You know what you have heard from this one or that one, from this player or that player, ect ect and seem to be oblivious to the probability that whomever you are hearing it from more than likely heard it from someone that was emotional invested or is someone that is emotionally biased.
I am not saying that everything going on is right or I agree with it. What I do believe to know is that Wallace hasn't been given a chance from the very beginning. I would imagine that it is difficult for a child/player to try to trust, believe, and have faith in any individual that all they have heard is negativity and how he is gonna fail. Who would feel good about that, want to represent or be a part of that? I wouldn't.
Do I think any coach or assistant coach should be on here speaking of personal information in regards to any player? Absolutely not! An injury is sorta different because normally it is posted in some form of public article somewhere.
Do the Knights have issues as a team-obviously. Is it entirely the coaches fault-no, I don't think so. I do think the players should be responsible, held accountable for their behavior, and grades should be a priority--the dreams of NFL do not happen for all that want it, so they need something to fall back on in real life, and in real life, you must be responsible, accountable, and educated!
Are parents helping the situation--not all of them. When a parent is mad at the coach and screaming and yelling from the stands, mad because their kid can't play because of grades, behavior, missed practice or whatever--the message they are sending is that it doesn't matter how my kid acts, behaves, performs in school--just as long as they can play.
As for any possible remarks in regards to Coach Gill-- I have not heard any myself,nor have I heard mention of the team members saying anything to that effect. Does Wallace have pressure on him following behind a Legend?- Hell yeah. Does he probably have to repeat to the team that he isn't Gill anytime something is stated about Gill's way- probably. Coach Gill's way worked--but it did take him time to develop the way that worked for not only him, but his team. It didn't happen the first moment they all hit the field together, nah, it took conditioning,practice, 1st season, conditioning, practice and going into the second season for things to start turning around.
I am going to finish up with this---right or wrong,love or dislike, Coach Wallace is the Coach of Buckingham Knights! Coach Wallace has learning and growth to do WITH the team and community. Instead of bashing behind someones back, assemble a meeting with the coach- calmly and rationally present your concerns and actually listen to what Wallace has as his goal or vision for the kids, not only as a football team, but as a producer of young adults preparing for life. Only if the parents, coach, and team come together somehow----some way, will the Knights come back from the hits that have challenged their faith and spirit!!!!!

No filter you made some good points but you are also way off as to this situation. Coach Wallace held a meeting before 1st practice with players and parents selling us this big dream of how the program was good but it's gonna be so much better now and the booster club have no money to help feed the kids on Fridays or How he would get our kids ready for college or whatever. We as parents have reached out to him multiple times to help with whatever we could only to get brushed off until the next meeting that NEVER happened. 6 days a week practice for what? He said it was to help with rehabbing and there's a clinic in Midlothian that he would personally take the kids for injuries and that hasn't happened but if you miss Sat. you don't play next week (doctors note or not). I can go on but bottom line it's not the parents it's the players that he lost in the locker room. They recognize the circus. The stories and rumors are consistent in each home and we don't go in the locker room so I guess they come home with stories for show and tell. This thread started about Rahim and one of the coaches came on here and said he was a distraction and failing classes but at the school board meeting 2 days ago his grades were presented so what was it really? On top of that the kids saying how the coaches were at practice joking about this post but I guess they lied about that too. It's not us who's making it hard it's themselves who's making it hard. Also some of the things you said in your post is exactly what Coach Wallace said at the only meeting we had so my question is are you Coach Wallace or an assistant? When kids flat out don't wanna play for you and I've heard that from the horse's mouth than you are done no matter how many meetings you call...Oh all the schedule meetings never took place so we had to go to the school board who claims they had no idea this was happening. Sad thing is nothing is gonna be done about it but a coach can't coach without a team. I pray we have a team next year.

I'm a bit new at this, but I must say that I am quite concerned about the rumor mill that is flowing here.
Not 1 of you know first hand what has happened and the reason versus the fabrications. You know what you have heard from this one or that one, from this player or that player, ect ect and seem to be oblivious to the probability that whomever you are hearing it from more than likely heard it from someone that was emotional invested or is someone that is emotionally biased.
I am not saying that everything going on is right or I agree with it. What I do believe to know is that Wallace hasn't been given a chance from the very beginning. I would imagine that it is difficult for a child/player to try to trust, believe, and have faith in any individual that all they have heard is negativity and how he is gonna fail. Who would feel good about that, want to represent or be a part of that? I wouldn't.
Do I think any coach or assistant coach should be on here speaking of personal information in regards to any player? Absolutely not! An injury is sorta different because normally it is posted in some form of public article somewhere.
Do the Knights have issues as a team-obviously. Is it entirely the coaches fault-no, I don't think so. I do think the players should be responsible, held accountable for their behavior, and grades should be a priority--the dreams of NFL do not happen for all that want it, so they need something to fall back on in real life, and in real life, you must be responsible, accountable, and educated!
Are parents helping the situation--not all of them. When a parent is mad at the coach and screaming and yelling from the stands, mad because their kid can't play because of grades, behavior, missed practice or whatever--the message they are sending is that it doesn't matter how my kid acts, behaves, performs in school--just as long as they can play.
As for any possible remarks in regards to Coach Gill-- I have not heard any myself,nor have I heard mention of the team members saying anything to that effect. Does Wallace have pressure on him following behind a Legend?- Hell yeah. Does he probably have to repeat to the team that he isn't Gill anytime something is stated about Gill's way- probably. Coach Gill's way worked--but it did take him time to develop the way that worked for not only him, but his team. It didn't happen the first moment they all hit the field together, nah, it took conditioning,practice, 1st season, conditioning, practice and going into the second season for things to start turning around.
I am going to finish up with this---right or wrong,love or dislike, Coach Wallace is the Coach of Buckingham Knights! Coach Wallace has learning and growth to do WITH the team and community. Instead of bashing behind someones back, assemble a meeting with the coach- calmly and rationally present your concerns and actually listen to what Wallace has as his goal or vision for the kids, not only as a football team, but as a producer of young adults preparing for life. Only if the parents, coach, and team come together somehow----some way, will the Knights come back from the hits that have challenged their faith and spirit!!!!!
being this is your first post, this does look fishy, smells like another coach.

Last edited:
I can say that I agree that this new coach had an uphill battle following Coach Gill as does any new coach. I'm sure that the community hasn't given him a lot of support but it seems as thought he has given them no reason to.
There are plenty of coaches who know about foktball but they don't know how to lead young men. It's not for everyone. To get kids to follow you, you have to show them that you really care about them. It seems as though the kids don't feel that way.
And again I may not have the full story but for a coach to walk away from a program that he was very much a part of at Buckingham for many years is problematic. He was obviously disrespected and made to feel unwanted. Again it's just what I've heard. I don't have inside or firsthand knowledge. I'm sure BCKnights could shed more light on that.

InsideThelines1 you are spot on. We really tried as parents to get behind this new regime but Coach Wallace is carrying this situation like it's just a job (that's the way the kids felt when they were 0-0). Coach Wilkerson leaving was no accident, You tell me if you took over a new program and had one of the best defensive coaches you could have who not only knows the kids but also the community and every team on your schedule, would you keep him or bring in your own guy 3 to 4 yrs removed from college who only see these kids 3 hrs out of the day. May be messed up but if I'm gonna that I'm bringing my guy in and let him learn from one of the best who knew what the defense would have to be played for the upcoming season before the last one ended. I will say he believes in what he believes in and have shown he stands by what he believes in, but it's our kids who's paying for it.

I assure you I am not the coach or an assistant. I see validity in various comments from each of you. (Except Advocate of Many) Personally, I think that Coach Wallace has good intentions. Do I think he went about things correctly--maybe not. I think he should have gained some trust and belief from the kids before he made a total change from what these kids know. I am not impressed with his assistant(s), I think they should act and present themselves to the same level that they are requiring from the team members.I will add that I am not referring to ALL of the assistants.
BCKnights-- yes, it is very upsetting that kids are leaving, but I question WHY? Is is really what you are saying, or is pride or anger from being punished a partial culprit?
I absolutely agree that Wallace needs to be more social.. He needs to educate himself on the community, and most importantly the kids. I think he should reevaluate his rules/consequence quidelines. I think he should be more active--he needs to step in the huddles and talk to these kids, he needs to actually acknowledge them during the games. Plain and simple--if he doesn't care, then the kids won't either. If he cares--they will know and give all they have.

Reactions: BCKnights
I couldn't agree more with you no filter. The problem is, he's too far gone now. He will never gain these kids' trust. Instead, he continued to lose and dig himself into a hole. These kids are used to being loved on by Coach Gill, and we never had any major issues arise. Kids were generally eligible grade wise, and behavior problems were close to unheard of. The old staff handled business and still loved the kids. That's what they're used to and that's not going to change. Once you see how good it can be, why would you want to change to something negative. This man is the most negative individual in the world all while claiming to be a devout Christian who will pull a team together. What a joke.

Absolutely agree. Guess I'm just saying this- instead of throwing in the towel towards the coach, why not use our energy for an attempt at good. Call meetings with coach, but be calm and informative instead of angry and throwing accusations. Drill, explain, and guide him into our community. I don't think he was given a chance from the beginning and although I can see it isn't working out, maybe he is determined to hold fast. We tell our team to bend but not break- maybe coach needs to take action and listen as well. Either way, nothing will change for our kids if we've just thrown the towel in.
What is the saying about flies and honey.......now don't get me wrong, I'm am no way saying kiss ass, I'm saying come steadfast and strong with a calmer approach so it may be received better. I am definitely saying with so much pulling, animosity, and anger- the Knights are destined for failure. They don't know what to do

I don't know how you copy specific comments and reply to them- sorry, but some said that Wallace was too far gone etc.
If the support system for the kids have given up because of dislike for the coaches approach, then maybe the kids feel as if they have no one so what's the point.
A possible suggestion- email, email, email. Just like these blogs/forums- you can't state what you would like to say-it can be kept tone less so no one gets defensive and unreceptive. You can finish your thoughts, feelings, and suggestions without interruptions. Possibly after a few emails and feeling you've calmed some start with meetings so the tension is not so thick. Coach Wallace has things to learn, but I think the players and parents have things they need to accept as well. It is a change all the way around from Coach Gill- but the coach and the players/parents must be accepting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT