ADVERTISEMENT

Buffalo Gap Basketball

Feb 4, 2016
Recently noticed on the Shenandoah District website that Buffalo Gap has 4 games listed as 0-2 losses in Boys basketball. Why the forfeits? I've always found the Gap to run clean athletic programs.

I don't believe they're forfeits. Page has the same thing listed for 2 of their girls games against Wilson Memorial. Page actually played both of those games (Friday and Monday consecutive games) and lost to WM. So I believe it's just something with either the website or with how the ADs are entering the information.

That makes sense except that they previously had a score listed for several of the games in question. Hopefully you are correct.

They had to forfeit two wins due to playing an academically ineligible player at the beginning of the 2nd semester. It was an honest mistake but it never should have happened.

I had not heard anything about this (Buffalo Gap) situation until yesterday. So now that someone has brought it up, I guess it is fair game for discussion.

I first saw in print yesterday that Riverheads had a 3 and whatever record, whereas I knew that we had only won two games. So I assumed that was a misprint. But last night at our game, the program listed a 2-0 win over the Bison. So when I asked around, I was told that it had something to do with an ineligible player.

In those same discussions, something was mentioned about the Wilson girls team but I know even less about that situation. I suppose in all cases, the ultimate goal is to get it right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT