ADVERTISEMENT

Byrd big upset against LCA

What a great article, I loved it of course because they beat LCA. Those players from Byrd deserve that win and the feelings after beating a great team. Now they have to travel to Amherst which should be a good game. Of course I will be cheering for the Lancers but I would much rather lose to Byrd than LCA again. One thing is for sure, I bet the sportsmanship will be a lot better than LCA was against Amherst. If Amherst loses I will be cheering for Byrd all the way

What a great article, I loved it of course because they beat LCA. Those players from Byrd deserve that win and the feelings after beating a great team. Now they have to travel to Amherst which should be a good game. Of course I will be cheering for the Lancers but I would much rather lose to Byrd than LCA again. One thing is for sure, I bet the sportsmanship will be a lot better than LCA was against Amherst. If Amherst loses I will be cheering for Byrd all the way

I am in complete agreement that LCA should not be allowed to play with the public school teams. But I have watched LCA play numerous times and the WAR chant that they do is done in outfield and it is not directed to the opposing team. It is to fire there own team up. Them standing and watching the other team warm up is not any different than any other team in the area. I know numerous amounts of other teams that do the samething. I have seen first hand from every team in the Seminole have at some point not been very good sports and that is including your beloved Amherst Lancers. Please get off your high horse like Amherst is above all this non sense. I have seen plenty of times Amherst display some not very sportsman like.

Good luck to you William Byrd. I always enjoyed scrimmaging you guys back in the late 90s when i played for Rustburg.

I am in complete agreement that LCA should not be allowed to play with the public school teams. But I have watched LCA play numerous times and the WAR chant that they do is done in outfield and it is not directed to the opposing team. It is to fire there own team up. Them standing and watching the other team warm up is not any different than any other team in the area. I know numerous amounts of other teams that do the samething. I have seen first hand from every team in the Seminole have at some point not been very good sports and that is including your beloved Amherst Lancers. Please get off your high horse like Amherst is above all this non sense. I have seen plenty of times Amherst display some not very sportsman like.

Good luck to you William Byrd. I always enjoyed scrimmaging you guys back in the late 90s when i played for Rustburg.
You have no idea what I am even talking about. It was not about the War chant. It was what they were doing at the home plate to the point that the Ump behind the plate stopped he game and said enough is enough. You get off your high horse before you assume you know what the heck I was referring too. Amherst isn’t the only team that complained about them this year. I never once said that Amherst was above any other team at all. I was referencing what happened that night. One thing is for sure, our coaches would not have allowed that behavior at the plate on every score until the ump stopped it.

You have no idea what I am even talking about. It was not about the War chant. It was what they were doing at the home plate to the point that the Ump behind the plate stopped he game and said enough is enough. You get off your high horse before you assume you know what the heck I was referring too. Amherst isn’t the only team that complained about them this year. I never once said that Amherst was above any other team at all. I was referencing what happened that night. One thing is for sure, our coaches would not have allowed that behavior at the plate on every score until the ump stopped it.

I watched the 1st baseman throw a ball down on the ground next to a player that had just got out and then yell in his face. Your coached allowed that to happen

My point is don't bash another team when your team is no better. Its a little bit hypocritical.

I watched the 1st baseman throw a ball down on the ground next to a player that had just got out and then yell in his face. Your coached allowed that to happen

My point is don't bash another team when your team is no better. Its a little bit hypocritical.
The Ump called it, enough said.

You get on here all the time and complain about LCA or any other team not showing class. As to if your beloved Lancers are all Noble Peace prize winners. Ask anybody that played youth sports growing up or any parents that kids played. Who had the most classless fans and team and would say majority would all point to Madison Heights and Amherst. And that goes for High School as well.

Was you at the game? Did you hear what the players were saying and what the ump actually stopped them from doing?

You are an LCA hater and bash them every chance you get. You do it all the time on the Class 4 fall board and now you do it here.

Look at your own team before bashing another. Trust me Amherst is not full of perfect kids who always do the right thing.

You get on here all the time and complain about LCA or any other team not showing class. As to if your beloved Lancers are all Noble Peace prize winners. Ask anybody that played youth sports growing up or any parents that kids played. Who had the most classless fans and team and would say majority would all point to Madison Heights and Amherst. And that goes for High School as well.

Was you at the game? Did you hear what the players were saying and what the ump actually stopped them from doing?

You are an LCA hater and bash them every chance you get. You do it all the time on the Class 4 fall board and now you do it here.

Look at your own team before bashing another. Trust me Amherst is not full of perfect kids who always do the right thing.
I was at the game and witnessed it. They were out of control to the point the ref stopped he game and made them get in the dug out, not bashing, speaking the truth.

what were they saying that was so awful? You haven't said what they said to get banished to the dugout for. If all they were doing was cheering for their team it is nothing wrong with that. Could they get out of hand cheering for their team yeah but if they are not talking to the other team then their is no foul. Trying to get your team pumped back up is not unsportsmanlike. Once again until you tell me what they said so wrong to the other team it is just you hating on LCA,

what were they saying that was so awful? You haven't said what they said to get banished to the dugout for. If all they were doing was cheering for their team it is nothing wrong with that. Could they get out of hand cheering for their team yeah but if they are not talking to the other team then their is no foul. Trying to get your team pumped back up is not unsportsmanlike. Once again until you tell me what they said so wrong to the other team it is just you hating on LCA,
I don’t have to prove anything to you. I never said I heard exactly what they were saying. The UMP raised his hands at the team at the plate and said enough and made them get back to the dug out. I talked to one of the coaches after the game and he said ridiculous and more which I will not share on here. I saw the behavior ongoing all through the game and the UMP must have heard or seen enough to stop it. It is his decision. I am not a fan of any team that had an unfair advantage in any way and then they sue which they knew the VHSL could not afford, true I do not like them for that reason. My nephew played football for them about 5 years ago. I wasn’t a fan of them then. I know several of the baseball coaches very well and never mentioned to them or discussed that night because I respect one of them very well. We just don’t go there and we both are fine with it.

I don’t have to prove anything to you. I never said I heard exactly what they were saying. The UMP raised his hands at the team at the plate and said enough and made them get back to the dug out. I talked to one of the coaches after the game and he said ridiculous and more which I will not share on here. I saw the behavior ongoing all through the game and the UMP must have heard or seen enough to stop it. It is his decision. I am not a fan of any team that had an unfair advantage in any way and then they sue which they knew the VHSL could not afford, true I do not like them for that reason. My nephew played football for them about 5 years ago. I wasn’t a fan of them then. I know several of the baseball coaches very well and never mentioned to them or discussed that night because I respect one of them very well. We just don’t go there and we both are fine with it.
I’ve discussed many times on here about how I feel about them being part of the VHSL as well as many other. Some agree and some don’t, it’s is what it is. But I call it as I witnessed it not just heresay.

I’ve discussed many times on here about how I feel about them being part of the VHSL as well as many other. Some agree and some don’t, it’s is what it is. But I call it as I witnessed it not just heresay.

I could care less what your opinion is about LCA. I am not on here debating that. I debating whether what LCA did was so unsportsmanlike. And i haven't seen you say one thing that LCA did that was unsportsmanlike. All you know is UMP made them return to the dug out. He could have made them return to the dugout for many of things. You already said you don't know what they said so you are just assuming they said something to the other team. How do you know William Byrd wasn't talking trash either. You are a typical Amherst homer. Go back to hog town we will see you come football season bye bye

I could care less what your opinion is about LCA. I am not on here debating that. I debating whether what LCA did was so unsportsmanlike. And i haven't seen you say one thing that LCA did that was unsportsmanlike. All you know is UMP made them return to the dug out. He could have made them return to the dugout for many of things. You already said you don't know what they said so you are just assuming they said something to the other team. How do you know William Byrd wasn't talking trash either. You are a typical Amherst homer. Go back to hog town we will see you come football season bye bye
If you didn’t care what I think about LCA you wouldn’t have replied. They were unsportsmanlike, the UMP was angry because of their behavior. People were discussing it before the UMP intervened. Yes I am a true Amherst fan and will always be. Just so you know I don’t live in Amherst, I live in Lynchburg, can’t wait for football, win or lose. You just proved who is a basher by name calling which I never did to you, bye

I have no idea what you are saying about WB talking trash. The game he was referring to was the LCA/Amherst game. Our game was played without issues. I made the point to say that while pregame in/ out is going on the other team is supposed to be in the dugout. That is a rule. The war chant started as WB was finishing. I thought that was uncalled for. It is what it is. I did not witness any bad sportsmanship. Their were other smaller things that VHSL does not allow either, but they were all minor.

Reactions: wikki
If you didn’t care what I think about LCA you wouldn’t have replied. They were unsportsmanlike, the UMP was angry because of their behavior. People were discussing it before the UMP intervened. Yes I am a true Amherst fan and will always be. Just so you know I don’t live in Amherst, I live in Lynchburg, can’t wait for football, win or lose. You just proved who is a basher by name calling which I never did to you, bye
Wikki don't stoop to his level.

Wikki don't stoop to his level.

Shhh. Dont let the heater meter get in the red. We all tend to act and say without composure when we get mad. I can’t wait till football season either. I don’t agree with LCA being public either. All will take care of itself, in due time Amherst and other local public schools will reign over, especially on the gridiron. You can’t match wits with the closed minded. Aka you cant fix stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT