ADVERTISEMENT

William Byrd/LCA

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
I think Byrd is physical enough to make this game interesting. I haven't seen Byrd so I don't know for sure how they will match up. I think they will match LCA's physicality, but not their speed. If Byrd can avoid giving up big plays and can win the turnover battle, they have a chance if the game is close in the 4Q.

I think Byrd is physical enough to make this game interesting. I haven't seen Byrd so I don't know for sure how they will match up. I think they will match LCA's physicality, but not their speed. If Byrd can avoid giving up big plays and can win the turnover battle, they have a chance if the game is close in the 4Q.
I think WB will be able to match their physicality in the first half then LCA will wear them down midway through 3rd quarter. This has been the story for LCA opponents all year. Also, it is impossible to not give up the big play as long as LCA has Davidson and Moon on the field. One or both of them will bust 1 or more plays eventually. They're both just too explosive. Byrd isn't nearly explosive as Heritage, Glass, or Salem and LCA busted big plays on all of them. I dont' see Byrd doing any better than any of those teams did defensively. But the game still has to be played.

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT