5. Union. (3-2). 16.8
6. Tazewell. (2-3). 16.75
7. Lee. (2-2). 15.25
8. Central. (2-2). 14.5
9. Richlands. (1-4). 12.2
10. Battle. (1-4). 12.2
11. Marion. (1-4). 10.6

Reactions: Raiders Radio
Tazewell is still 2-2, playing Riverheads today at 1:00. I’m assuming you knew that though 😂

Tazewell is still 2-2, playing Riverheads today at 1:00. I’m assuming you knew that though 😂
Yea that's their points for right now. Accidentally put down record as they have already lost. Lol If Riverheads beats them today as I think they just switch with Lee a spot

Reactions: eh31
If both top 2 in each region remain undefeated, who put points whom? Sorry, I’m not knowledgeable enough to figure it out. I’m just wondering say hypothetically if Graham & Radford meet in semis who hosts? Or if Martinsville & Ridgeview etc.? Is it just too early to determine. @hawknation92

If both top 2 in each region remain undefeated, who put points whom? Sorry, I’m not knowledgeable enough to figure it out. I’m just wondering say hypothetically if Graham & Radford meet in semis who hosts? Or if Martinsville & Ridgeview etc.? Is it just too early to determine. @hawknation92
Well undefeated want matter it will go to power points even when region C and D meet. Like right now Martinsville and Radford both have more power points so they would host Region D, Graham or who ever. Of course alot of season left to go.

Reactions: wavepride74
Well undefeated want matter it will go to power points even when region C and D meet. Like right now Martinsville and Radford both have more power points so they would host Region D, Graham or who ever. Of course alot of season left to go.
So basically Graham can’t outpoint them even playing 3A & 4A schools still left on their schedule? (If Graham wins those games that is). Sorry, I’m just not familiar with how points are calculated. I’m really just selfish, if Graham makes playoffs, I don’t want to travel myself 😂😂😂😂. I hate I-81 and avoid it if at all possible.

Reactions: VaTech98
Raddy has 2 Class 3 schools in Cburg and Carroll. Graham has 1 Class 3 and 1 Class 4, so not a huge power rating difference. If Radford wins Region C and finishes 10-0 in reg season, it's more than likely now we host. We still have Glenvar who has enough talent to beat us. Its not a sure win for Raddy. If we don't come to play, they will beat us.

So basically Graham can’t outpoint them even playing 3A & 4A schools still left on their schedule? (If Graham wins those games that is). Sorry, I’m just not familiar with how points are calculated. I’m really just selfish, if Graham makes playoffs, I don’t want to travel myself 😂😂😂😂. I hate I-81 and avoid it if at all possible.
Don't blame you a bit for not wanting to travel on 81 or even traveling anywhere but to Salem. Right now alot is going to change in points with rider points making a difference. I also see Appo having a shot at 3 seed even tho its a long shot. I think Graham will walk away with top seed in D and possibly outpoint Radford. Next 3 weeks are going to make a difference.

Martinsville has 3 class 3A, 1 class 4A and 2 class 2A teams left. I feel like they will end up either 7-3 or 8-2 at best.

Graham still has chance to put point them before end of year. I hear ya on 81. I have to travel towards Blacksburg couple times a week. I go over mountain through Floyd and avoid Roanoke and 81 like the plague.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Graham does still have Pulaski and Blacksburg will will close the distance with those points, as Radford only has 1 team in Carroll County left that is larger classification.. It really comes down to what Bluefield, Pulaski, Blacksburg, and Union do for rider points for Graham compared to Christiansburg, Carroll County, Gate City, and Fort Chiswell for Radford. Other games matter, but those 8 teams and how they do (teams outside of Graham and Radfords districts that neither Radford or Graham will play) will have the bulk of the weight deciding it.

George Wythe and Galax are a wash as both Graham and Radford play them and district games are kind of a wash for each team because your district teams beat and lose to each other regarding rider points. Those 8 teams mentioned above will play the largest part in the 2nd half of the regular season to decide who outpoints who. It will be close.

Graham does still have Pulaski and Blacksburg will will close the distance with those points, as Radford only has 1 team in Carroll County left that is larger classification.. It really comes down to what Bluefield, Pulaski, Blacksburg, and Union do for rider points for Graham compared to Christiansburg, Carroll County, Gate City, and Fort Chiswell for Radford. Other games matter, but those 8 teams and how they do (teams outside of Graham and Radfords districts that neither Radford or Graham will play) will have the bulk of the weight deciding it.

George Wythe and Galax are a wash as both Graham and Radford play them and district games are kind of a wash for each team because your district teams beat and lose to each other regarding rider points. Those 8 teams mentioned above will play the largest part in the 2nd half of the regular season to decide who outpoints who. It will be close.
Graham may not even make it that far, maybe not even Radford. We still have 1/2 a regular season to go. It’s really up in the air at this point. I just know I hate driving I81. It’s long overdue adding more lanes from Wytheville at to Roanoke if not further.

I heard Graham’s quarterback could possibly be out for the year with injury. Is that true? If so, do they have a capable backup?

I heard Graham’s quarterback could possibly be out for the year with injury. Is that true? If so, do they have a capable backup?
Back up is a freshman who has been out the past month with an injury. I heard he’s released as of yesterday but do you play someone who hasn’t practiced for a month?

Back up is a freshman who has been out the past month with an injury. I heard he’s released as of yesterday but do you play someone who hasn’t practiced for a month?
OUCH! Who do yall have this week?

OUCH! Who do yall have this week?
Yeah, GW is going to be a tough out missing QB & best LB. Graham will need to be 110% physically & mentally. Some of them are going to have to step up and make it happen; no needless penalties, protect the ball, no half tackling…I think Graham can still win, it’s just going to take their A game from everyone on that field. Hoping no one else from either team gets injuries Friday night.

Reactions: Bo Bob and oldfool2
Yeah, GW is going to be a tough out missing QB & best LB. Graham will need to be 110% physically & mentally. Some of them are going to have to step up and make it happen; no needless penalties, protect the ball, no half tackling…I think Graham can still win, it’s just going to take their A game from everyone on that field. Hoping no one else from either team gets injuries Friday night.
Should still be fine. GW is solid, but Graham is a step above. Would take penalties and turnovers, as mentioned, to lose this one.

Should still be fine. GW is solid, but Graham is a step above. Would take penalties and turnovers, as mentioned, to lose this one.
With the rain & wind, turnovers are a good possibility. It’s going to get hairy out there for both teams. I just hope neither suffer any injuries.

With the rain & wind, turnovers are a good possibility. It’s going to get hairy out there for both teams. I just hope neither suffer any injuries.
During the Radford v GW. The 2nd quarter it poured. I think GW handled the 2nd quarter better than Radford. They have a running attack that’s pretty good.

Raddy has 2 Class 3 schools in Cburg and Carroll. Graham has 1 Class 3 and 1 Class 4, so not a huge power rating difference. If Radford wins Region C and finishes 10-0 in reg season, it's more than likely now we host. We still have Glenvar who has enough talent to beat us. Its not a sure win for Raddy. If we don't come to play, they will beat us.
Blacksburg and PC are both 4A. It will make a difference.

Blacksburg and PC are both 4A. It will make a difference.
You are right SWDRules. I thought we would outpoint Graham, but Graham closed the gap in the power rankings last night without playing a game. I think it will be really close between Graham and Radford if both win out.

You are right SWDRules. I thought we would outpoint Graham, but Graham closed the gap in the power rankings last night without playing a game. I think it will be really close between Graham and Radford if both win out.
If both Radford and Graham go 10-0, Radford will be well ahead in PPs. It would take many upsets for Graham to catch up.

Radford will finish somewhere around 290 and Graham around 280.

Reactions: toughy299
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT