ADVERTISEMENT

C-Woodstock vs King William

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
King William the favorite, but Woodstock's offensive and defensive lines are legit. Add to that the power run game, and Central will try to control clock. Calpreps has this game much closer than some may think, 38-27 in favor of King William.

They will have to control the clock and force turnovers. To me time of possession isn't the best stat. In most games, KW probably hasn't won the time of possession, because they have the ability to score so fast. If KW jumps out early, then it could be a long day, but if it gets into the 4th quarter, it's anyone's ball game. KW will definitely have the size and speed advantage, and I hope they can exploit it next Saturday. I believe in these kids and this coaching staff and I think they pull out the win. Not going to give a score yet, as I want to watch a little more film on Central before I do.

Reactions: gwb16
They will have to control the clock and force turnovers. To me time of possession isn't the best stat. In most games, KW probably hasn't won the time of possession, because they have the ability to score so fast. If KW jumps out early, then it could be a long day, but if it gets into the 4th quarter, it's anyone's ball game. KW will definitely have the size and speed advantage, and I hope they can exploit it next Saturday. I believe in these kids and this coaching staff and I think they pull out the win. Not going to give a score yet, as I want to watch a little more film on Central before I do.
I know KW is very big from what I've seen, but Central's size might be underestimated. I saw some serious size against Draft. They have some bigs up front. If you are Central, the time of possession is key for THEM, because they want to limit the amount of times KW touches it. Of course, easier said than done, but I would bet that's their game plan. Like your wrote kwhs, if a running team gets behind by 2 scores, it's incredibly tough to overcome. The competition steps up for KW this coming weekend. Central is much better than Nottoway in my opinion.

Reactions: gwb16 and kwhs95fan
Central is well coached, not the most athletic team left in 2A by any means. I’ve watched them a few times this year, QB is best O threat, the coach loves big backs which he has, both of which are not take it to house threats. From what I have saw the Forbes kid runs harder than Dyer who usually goes down on 1st contact. Their coach does understand the game and what it takes to win, game might be close in first half, but see KW with to many playmakers putting some distance in 2nd. KW will be playing Graham in Salem.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
I know KW is very big from what I've seen, but Central's size might be underestimated. I saw some serious size against Draft. They have some bigs up front. If you are Central, the time of possession is key for THEM, because they want to limit the amount of times KW touches it. Of course, easier said than done, but I would bet that's their game plan. Like your wrote kwhs, if a running team gets behind by 2 scores, it's incredibly tough to overcome. The competition steps up for KW this coming weekend. Central is much better than Nottoway in my opinion.
Yes, I agree that Woodstock is definitely better than Nottoway and I have no doubt that their game plan is to limit the touches of KW on offense. Could be a chess match. I just don't see Woodstock being able to stop the overwhelming speed that KW possesses

Reactions: KWcavs360
Interesting side note on this game. KW linebacker Aiden Schools' grandfather was a basketball star for Central Woodstock back in the day. He lives in Myrtle Beach now, but I believe he will be coming to the game to watch his grandson play against his alma mater. I thought it was kinda neat, since KW and Woodstock are a good 3 hours apart and really have no ties to each other.

Central is well coached, not the most athletic team left in 2A by any means. I’ve watched them a few times this year, QB is best O threat, the coach loves big backs which he has, both of which are not take it to house threats. From what I have saw the Forbes kid runs harder than Dyer who usually goes down on 1st contact. Their coach does understand the game and what it takes to win, game might be close in first half, but see KW with to many playmakers putting some distance in 2nd. KW will be playing Graham in Salem.
Ok we’ll definitely remember the last part of that comment! Don’t let that crow get you can get hung up in your throat!

Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
Only going off what I have watched, I’ll eat it, if comes to it. Appo’s O wasn’t impressive against Glenvar. Neither back got anything going, QB was biggest threat but lost yardage on quite a few plays. I’m only going off of watching on NFHS, being non bias. Haven’t watched either in person this year. Graham just appears better in my opinion. Appo will not have the big athletic advantage they are use to having is all I am saying. Should be a really good game.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Only going off what I have watched, I’ll eat it, if comes to it. Appo’s O wasn’t impressive against Glenvar. Neither back got anything going, QB was biggest threat but lost yardage on quite a few plays. I’m only going off of watching on NFHS, being non bias. Haven’t watched either in person this year. Graham just appears better in my opinion. Appo will not have the big athletic advantage they are use to having is all I am saying. Should be a really good game.

I believe Walker Lambiotte had the better basketball pedigree of the two

Well, Appomattox is a hard out for Graham. At this point any of the four left could be in Salem in my opinion. A team doesn’t get to this point being bad and anything can happen to affect a team during the game, an injury to a key player, an ejection, penalties, etc. I’m not handing over the win for certain to any team. All four need to play their A game to advance. The two that don’t will be staying home December 11th.

I saw many improvements in the Raiders friday as they have not been playing very well. Each week now they keep improving as they face a tougher challenge they keep stepping up. We stil have a ways to go but looks like we are beginning to peak. Graham will be a very tough and physical game i feel like we match up well with. The Glenvar game had a twist to it that i have not seen in the play calling and dont understand it but then i'm not coach Smith and i'm sure it was just an approach he had planned and it did work. I look forward to coming to Bluefield and squaring off against Graham saturday, i'm sure coach will have the Raiders prepared and has a plan for success. Graham will be the best all around team Appo has faced this season and will require a mistake free game play to win by either team.

Tickets for King William vs Central are only going to be available on gofan. No cash sales at the gate

• Angry
Reactions: oldfool2
Oh I agree with you about against Glenvar just don’t know if that was the plan going in. Have a very smart coaching staff as w
You didn’t see much of Appomattox’s offense Saturday. They kept things very basic.

Reactions: gwb16 and vman3196
“Well coached”…”their coach does understand the game and what it takes to win…”. That’s questionable at best.

A couple of years ago, CW had one of the most talented teams (more so than this season) to ever come out of CW and lost to a REALLY well coached team. And the Clarke coach schooled him in the regular season game this year.

Reactions: vman3196
Not saying simple isn’t good, it is football, lineup and play. I was just giving an opinion on what I saw. From watching Graham a few times this season, they are better on O especially, then the Glenvar team Appo faced.

As for the Central coach, you might be right, but he did have his team prepared for a team that handled the team that “schooled” him. I have no dog in the fight but do enjoy watching HS football. Again, only my opinion.
Didn’t mean to sound dismissive. Apologies. Just have watched CW underperform so many times…
And, in my humble opinion, Clarke County would not have beaten CW if CW was coached by the Draft coach.

Didn’t mean to sound dismissive. Apologies. Just have watched CW underperform so many times…
And, in my humble opinion, Clarke County would not have beaten CW if CW was coached by the Draft coach.
Assuming your talking about the Draft Defensive coach. Offensively Draft is about as diverse as a bag of popcorn kernels, and makes the late Rush Limbaugh look leftwing.

• Haha
“Well coached”…”their coach does understand the game and what it takes to win…”. That’s questionable at best.

A couple of years ago, CW had one of the most talented teams (more so than this season) to ever come out of CW and lost to a REALLY well coached team. And the Clarke coach schooled him in the regular season game this year.
Central fumbling a couple of times going in to score isn’t being out-coached at all but I’ll play along.

By Central winning the region title and clarke getting their teeth busted by Draft shows that Central improved significantly as the season went along.
I suspect coaching had something to do with this.

Central fumbling a couple of times going in to score isn’t being out-coached at all but I’ll play along.

By Central winning the region title and clarke getting their teeth busted by Draft shows that Central improved significantly as the season went along.
To each his own I suppose. CW has historically underperformed. Maybe this year will be different. I hope so…

Central didn't fumble twice going in to score, they were stopped on goal line the other time.

Assuming your talking about the Draft Defensive coach. Offensively Draft is about as diverse as a bag of popcorn kernels, and makes the late Rush Limbaugh look leftwing.

So now you want to talk bad about the team that made your prediction look bad? Yea, SD sure has had issues lately, CW was the 1st team not named Riverheads or Appomattox that SD has lost to since 2018.

It is amazing to me that people (whether they know (or think they know)) football can have all this knowledge on every team throughout the state.

It is pretty ironic that your first post on here was calling people out for being smartasses and then you go about informing everyone that teams can't be beat, whole sections of the state can't play, and even disparaging ADs.

And the funny part of that is that what you wanted to call being a smartass was nothing to do with opinions, it was all based in numbers/facts. Something that was proven correct as well.

Have a good one.

This game will be good, despite what the popular opinion might be. King William, although it was Week 1, lost to a mid Goochland team. Central is on the same tier as Goochland, in my opinion. Goochland beat Charlottesville 26-6 and Central won at Charlottesville 24-14. I think Goochland is better but I think that connection puts Central around the same level as King William. Expect a good game. Especially in Woodstock. Beautiful drive by the way.

Give me King William, 21-17.

This game will be good, despite what the popular opinion might be. King William, although it was Week 1, lost to a mid Goochland team. Central is on the same tier as Goochland, in my opinion. Goochland beat Charlottesville 26-6 and Central won at Charlottesville 24-14. I think Goochland is better but I think that connection puts Central around the same level as King William. Expect a good game. Especially in Woodstock. Beautiful drive by the way.

Give me King William, 21-17.
Central's line play anchored on both sides by #67 Christian Ross has been outstanding all year and really impressed me against Stuarts Draft. #3 Senior Quarterback has been steady all year long and can sling it around when needed to his favorite targets #6 Walters, #35 another Walters and #10 Daughtry they have sure hands and are faster than what people think. #44 Dyer and #40 Forbes lead the rushing attack. Those 2 really don't have homerun speed they prefer to run through people. #21 Merit is the change of pace back he has performed well this year as well. Central is a well balanced team and a good team deserving to be at this point in the season. They learned from their mistakes against Clarke County as players and Coaches. My heart is telling me to pick Central for the win but my brain is telling me King William because of the athlete they have in Claiborne. He scares me a lot for the Falcons to contain or slow down. I am a bull run guy all the way so I am going with my heart with

Central 35 King William 34

One thing is for sure both teams deserve to be here and the best team will be playing in Salem. Good Luck to both teams and Safe travels for King William for the trip to Woodstock.

Central's line play anchored on both sides by #67 Christian Ross has been outstanding all year and really impressed me against Stuarts Draft. #3 Senior Quarterback has been steady all year long and can sling it around when needed to his favorite targets #6 Walters, #35 another Walters and #10 Daughtry they have sure hands and are faster than what people think. #44 Dyer and #40 Forbes lead the rushing attack. Those 2 really don't have homerun speed they prefer to run through people. #21 Merit is the change of pace back he has performed well this year as well. Central is a well balanced team and a good team deserving to be at this point in the season. They learned from their mistakes against Clarke County as players and Coaches. My heart is telling me to pick Central for the win but my brain is telling me King William because of the athlete they have in Claiborne. He scares me a lot for the Falcons to contain or slow down. I am a bull run guy all the way so I am going with my heart with

Central 35 King William 34

One thing is for sure both teams deserve to be here and the best team will be playing in Salem. Good Luck to both teams and Safe travels for King William for the trip to Woodstock.
Central looks very well rounded on film. Line looks physical and the QB looks pretty solid. Central cannot let KW go up by two scores early, make them make long drives. The more snaps Central makes KW take the more opportunities they have to make a mistake. Get them into long third down situations. You can’t focus only on Claiborne because Robinson will make you pay as well. I think KW matches Central’s physicality and runs away with the game in the second half. Central is a great team with great coaches but I think KW’s size and speed will prove to be overwhelming for the falcons.

Is Robinson the quarterback? I didn't want to make a mistake with a name or position that is why I only named Claiborne

I was impressed with CW's QB. He was throwing darts when i watched him, including a 50 yard strike. So he has a cannon. Receivers were sure handed as well with some speed. But they do have some questionable scores in some games. Hard to gauge that this year though with covid. Id say it'll be a good game.

There is fast food options close to the school. You have Taco Bell, Mcdonald's , Arby's, KFC, Pizza Hut. The Spring House is a good place and is about 5-7 minutes from the school. Cracker Barrell is right close to the school and so is Italian Touch. There is a Sheetz right down the hill from the school within walking distance. The Woodstock Brew house is also close by as well.

How is KW's speed on defense? Im guessing the 2 stars behind center also play D.
Robinson QB was the tidewater defensive player of the year. Claiborne plays safety just not every series. Big D tackles with athletic D ends. Line backers fill well and the team swarms to the ball. Biggest killers on defense has been personal fouls. They haven’t had many if any personal fouls in the playoffs tho. Corners play the deep ball pretty well but short to mid range passes are a little suspect.

Robinson QB was the tidewater defensive player of the year. Claiborne plays safety just not every series. Big D tackles with athletic D ends. Line backers fill well and the team swarms to the ball. Biggest killers on defense has been personal fouls. They haven’t had many if any personal fouls in the playoffs tho. Corners play the deep ball pretty well but short to mid range passes are a little suspect
Corners were burned deep a couple times playing Lafayette but Lafayette’s QB could put the ball on the money from 50+ years away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT