ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone in 2A hang with Gate City?

Regions A and B are paired up for the quarterfinals and semifinals as are C and D. If it turns out that GC and Radford are indeed the 2 best teams then they'd meet before the state championship

So what Graham beat Martinsville!!!!!!!!! I see it is a big deal when a team beats Martinsville. There is a reference, we beat Martinsville. A win against Martinsville isn't significant until you beat us in the playoffs. My Dawgs have certainly given out more Ls than they have taken. Graham, when you win more than 2 playoff games then talk. A win in the regular season is just one win. I do understand that it makes your season to beat my Dawgs.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Trust me DR will have something to say about who goes where in the playoffs. What has GC won over the past 3 or 4 years? Lee is the team to beat until someone dethrones them!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to Slagle?

He got hurt against Eastside with a nasty knee injury on December 22 - as it turned out, he got an MRI - showed torn ACL and meniscus, and will be out for the year

BBurg ain't southwest VA? LMAO. I hail from Nottoway. Any an all west of Roanoke is 100% southwest VA. Whether dose in near Kentucky or T-see don't matter. With 9 in 10 peeps in Va livin east of Roanoke, trust me, the voices say BBurg is easy SWVA.
Notty I’ve lived out your way (Richmond) and I’ve lived in Blacksburg/Radford..Blacksburg ain’t SW VA. I wouldn’t consider anything north of Wytheville SWVA.

EDIT: I live in Richmond, not lived lol!!

Last edited:
With GC filling up gyms, will 2A get a better time slot IF (big if) GC makes it to Richmond? or does that not matter? VHSL has a history of liking the dollar and
GC already sold out seating for over 6000.

I'm sure that the time slots are set for state in Richmond. I doubt very seriously that the VHSL will make extra provisions for GC. If they haven't done it for Martinsville, Lee or Brunswick, it's not likely for GC to get special treatment.

Notty I’ve lived out your way (Richmond) and I’ve lived in Blacksburg/Radford..Blacksburg ain’t SW VA. I wouldn’t consider anything north of Wytheville SWVA.

EDIT: I live in Richmond, not lived lol!!

See I'm not crazy, most people don't consider BBurg SWVA. Wytheville is a great starting point I think. North of there, it's Central VA. South, it's SWVA.
BBurg may be considered Western Virginia, but traditionally it's not SWVA.

Trust me DR will have something to say about who goes where in the playoffs. What has GC won over the past 3 or 4 years? Lee is the team to beat until someone dethrones them!!!!!!!!!!
DR has won just as much as GC, absolutely nothing.

I pointed GC as an early fav because they return everyone and improved while I was told Lee lost a couple key players. Maybe I was told wrong info. I'm from Big Stone, it's not like I'm rooting for GC. But they look to have the best team they've ever had under Vermillion and this is McClungs last year. It's win now or maybe never.

Big Winner, DR has won a chip in the last 4 years and lost a championship to Martinsville about 3 years ago. Last year, if they hadn't fell apart in the 4th Q against Lee, there's a real good chance that they could've been champs last year. There's a lot of basketball to be played. McClung is a good ballplayer, I don't doubt his skills. We'll just have to see if GC is up 4 the task.

DR has won just as much as GC, absolutely nothing.

I pointed GC as an early fav because they return everyone and improved while I was told Lee lost a couple key players. Maybe I was told wrong info. I'm from Big Stone, it's not like I'm rooting for GC. But they look to have the best team they've ever had under Vermillion and this is McClungs last year. It's win now or maybe never.
Dan River went undefeated in 2014 and beat Bruton for the state championship.

I thought 2A quarters and semis were supposed to be at UVa-Wise this year...

Oh wait, can't have these folks east of Roanoke travel to the mountains now can we... :rolleyes:

VA 9, Congress District
lossless-page1-1920px-Virginia_US_Congressional_District_9_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

Count me out !wanted to see McClung in person hopefully they make it to vcu I’ll take the 1hour 30 min drive From the northern neck it’s a 7 hour drive to the west part of va

The 2A folks have been out 2 Wise. We were out there the year before last.

It was announced before last year that for 6 years, 2A would alternate between JMU and Wise. Apparently that lasted one year. Just the thought of going to Wise makes people east of Roanoke car sick apparently.

The tournament format document is on the VHSL site. Regionals are 8 teams.

State quarters (played on a Friday or Saturday) format is:

C2 @ D1
D2 @ C1
A2 @ B1
B2 @ A1

Semifinals (played on a Monday or Tuesday) is at higher seed. D/C vs. D/C and B/A vs. B/A. If it's 2 #1 seeds, top of the bracket hosts, whatever that means.

Finals at VCU:

5A/6A -- Thursday, March 8
1A/2A -- Friday, March 9
3A/4A -- Saturday, March 10

Reactions: pizzzzza
The tournament format document is on the VHSL site. Regionals are 8 teams.

State quarters (played on a Friday or Saturday) format is:

C2 @ D1
D2 @ C1
A2 @ B1
B2 @ A1

Semifinals (played on a Monday or Tuesday) is at higher seed. D/C vs. D/C and B/A vs. B/A. If it's 2 #1 seeds, top of the bracket hosts, whatever that means.

Finals at VCU:

5A/6A -- Thursday, March 8
1A/2A -- Friday, March 9
3A/4A -- Saturday, March 10

If this is the correct format - C/D is loaded - should make for some interesting games.

I honestly feel A/B is down this year.....Lee - despite losing some key players, should be the favorite in that half of the bracket.

Reactions: AntGZee
If this is the correct format - C/D is loaded - should make for some interesting games.

I honestly feel A/B is down this year.....Lee - despite losing some key players, should be the favorite in that half of the bracket.

I was going to post the image of the document here, but I can't figure out how to do that here like I can over on the SWVA board. :D

Reactions: Ryan4VT
I was going to post the image of the document here, but I can't figure out how to do that here like I can over on the SWVA board. :D

By the way saw your pic with Mac on twitter - nice picture - he takes the time to sign and take pix - class kid

By the way saw your pic with Mac on twitter - nice picture - he takes the time to sign and take pix - class kid

Yeah, I just need to get one with Mitchell now. Lol, but I don't see myself going to either of the regular season games with Union. Guess I'll have to hope to meet them in the district tournament I guess.

If you can give me the url, I can probably do it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_7KGbWzA0LxcURsU25CTHF1UjA/preview?rm=minimal

What you just put there is probably fine - all someone has to do is click the link to the google document file.

Count me out !wanted to see McClung in person hopefully they make it to vcu I’ll take the 1hour 30 min drive From the northern neck it’s a 7 hour drive to the west part of va
A third of the state can't all be considered SWVA. SWVA is West and south of Wytheville IMO.

Reactions: Ryan4VT
That 2014. DR team was still a monster though.
Did you get a chance to see the 2012 squad Ant? Those boys were very good. Went through the year unchallenged and faltered against a very good Lancaster team (who won the state championship that year) and was that team’s only lost. Me and my boys from Magna Vista say all the time that that Dan River team and Magna Vista’s 2012 team were the 2 best teams in the whole state. I would’ve have loved to seen MV play them that year. Both teams were absolutely loaded. 2014 DR team was good. They were long and athletic. Maybe 2 basketball players on the whole team though. DR has a hell of a Coach in Murphy.

Reactions: AntGZee
Sorry to say DSH, I didn't see that 2012 DR team.I do remember the 2012 MV team and they were loaded. I think they lost to Christiansburg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT