ADVERTISEMENT

Charlottesville

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
First off, hats off to Tom Potter and Woodgrove. Wire to wire smashing of my boys. I only have one thing to say: Next year. We return pretty much everybody.
Good luck to all still alive! A potential Woodgrove Salem matchup would be crazy.

Yes good season. Crazy seeing some of the margin of victories tonight. Some not surprising some are.

VCU finally looked like VCU and destroyed an average Binghamton. The Cville stream was weak and buffery so I gave up on that early.

First off, hats off to Tom Potter and Woodgrove. Wire to wire smashing of my boys. I only have one thing to say: Next year. We return pretty much everybody.
Good luck to all still alive! A potential Woodgrove Salem matchup would be crazy.

Thanx blackknight_pride!

What you saw tonight was 27 Seniors and supporting underclassmen who have bought into Coach Mike Skinner & his Assistant Coach's winning football program formula.

These young men have hit the weight room all year long (every year) and trained at various camps and physical fitness training regimens with a dedicated zeal.

The Woodgrove parents, administrators, students and community are simply along for the ride with these phenomenal student athletes.

We hope and pray that our season will continue all the way to Williamsburg.

Last edited:
I only have one thing to say: Next year. We return pretty much everybody.

It is possible that we could play you next year.

I believe we are still looking for two more teams for 2017 football season!

Like I told your first player off the field, great season, you won a playoff game and made to the next round!
I also told him he needs to get more of his fellow students to come out for football!

You guys did not have much of a bench; I don't know if you have a lot of injuries or what is going on?

Reactions: blackknight_pride
@Tom Potter What number was he? I probably know him!
We were going to have a bus full of students come but then they cancelled. Also, Cville has historically had a small bench, and that really hurts us. Our QB plays free safety. Two of our top rushers are on defense as well. We have a ton of kids that play both ways. Ironically, I was thinking about a potential regular season meeting with you guys, because our two year series with Dominion is over. That would be interesting indeed!

I forget his number.

Your team supporters travelled better than some LoCo teams that are 35 minutes down the road!

Too bad about the pep bus being cancelled...

Yeah any team that has a lot of players going both ways will struggle against Woodgrove due to the no huddle offense.

I honestly think our guys hit harder than most teams due to that weight room dedication.

I remember playing H.S. football and waking up Saturday morning after games and being so sore. I would hate to have had to play our lads back in the day.

I kid you NOT!

Last edited:
Reactions: blackknight_pride
One last thing about last night's game.

My father was watching the live podcast and he said he lost the game for 30 minutes....

My Dad is not a computer guy at all BUT if the technical difficulties were extreme with the broadcast last night...???

I am happy to report that the game has been moved to the archives section.

You can now watch last night's game hopefully from opening kickoff to final play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT