ADVERTISEMENT

Chilhowie and Riverheads: Round 2

Last years game was not close but I saw Riverheads Lose to galax and realized they had to get stronger that they did they worked hard in the off season came back and won the title the next year so the question is did chilhowie have the same feeling and if they did Riverheads better come ready to play and don’t remember last years game this is new year

Reactions: WhudeyCHS
I think the snow would hurt Chilhowie and their playmakers more. But beating that Red machine is gonna be a tall task in any weather, but I doubt it's 42-0 again. Much better Warriors team.

I think the snow would hurt Chilhowie and their playmakers more. But beating that Red machine is gonna be a tall task in any weather, but I doubt it's 42-0 again. Much better Warriors team.

Maybe so. Chilhowie’s defense held Galax to their lowest score in 3 years, that includes teams such 3A Northside and 2A Glenvar. Gives me a little more confidence going into next week.

Maybe so. Chilhowie’s defense held Galax to their lowest score in 3 years, that includes teams such 3A Northside and 2A Glenvar. Gives me a little more confidence going into next week.

I'm more than hopeful the Warriors bring the title back to Region D. Without seeing any film yet, it had to be a dominant performance to rout Galax like that. Seems like Warriors get better every week.

But jus reading PBP, Cale can't afford the INTs next week, Riverheads feeds on turnovers and they likely convert those into TDs. But, unlike last year, these teams appear to be close to the same level. We will find out who's better in a week.

Should I be a dick and mention how the Shenandoah didn't fare too well today? Nah, better not lol Riverheads advanced as predicted but East Rock got handled pretty well by Goochland.

I'm more than hopeful the Warriors bring the title back to Region D. Without seeing any film yet, it had to be a dominant performance to rout Galax like that. Seems like Warriors get better every week.

But jus reading PBP, Cale can't afford the INTs next week, Riverheads feeds on turnovers and they likely convert those into TDs. But, unlike last year, these teams appear to be close to the same level. We will find out who's better in a week.

I can only remember 1 INT and it was a fluke. But you’re correct in that Riverheads will capitalize on your mistakes.

I can only remember 1 INT and it was a fluke. But you’re correct in that Riverheads will capitalize on your mistakes.

I thought it was two? The box score has two INT and one lost fumble from Warriors.

The recap from roanoke.com has him as 6-11 with two INT, but it really does only equal one since he snagged one of his own on defense lol

I thought it was two? The box score has two INT and one lost fumble from Warriors.

The recap from roanoke.com has him as 6-11 with two INT, but it really does only equal one since he snagged one of his own on defense lol

Maybe there were two INTs, I just can’t remember it. Last week when I made the comment that Chilhowie would shut down Galax’s running game, well, that idea was met with a lot of saltiness. Well the proofs in the stats, 69 yards. And based on some of those analogies others were using regarding Chilhowie schedule vs Galax and who they had beat with their tough schedule, after today’s win, using those same analogies, Chilhowie could be the 2A and 3A champions. Not my words but theirs. Chilhowie will have a challenge next week. Today was electric.

Should I be a dick and mention how the Shenandoah didn't fare too well today? Nah, better not lol Riverheads advanced as predicted but East Rock got handled pretty well by Goochland.

I mean Hey, once again the Shenandoah had 2 teams in the final 4 of their division so it is what it is.

I wouldn’t say ER was “handled” but they left with an L and that’s all that matters

Last edited:
Reactions: naildriver91
East Rock has no reason to hang their heads. They had a dominant team, but Goochland is just better. Goochland isn't flashy, but make no mistake, they have playmakers and play very patient, disciplined ball. Hats off to their coach. Those Bulldogs are focused and prepared.

As for the original thread topic. The 1A game is going to be great. Riverheads is about the same as last year. Like Goochland, they're going to go into this game like it's just another day at the office. Chilhowie has proven they are better than last year, and they were pretty darn good then. Owning Galax the way that they did is hard to ignore. Chilhowie has got to jump out early and convert on 3rd downs. On defense, keep it simple, back to basics, and get ready for a tough physical game. Riverheads running backs never go down with the initial contact, no matter how hard you bring it. Be relentless and play to the whistle. It's gonna be a slobberknocker!

Last edited:
With the semis going as they did, do we see a coin toss game? Reading SWVA board it sounds like Chilhowie is built to stop running teams so will Riverheads be able to generate offense? And will the improved Warrior O be as explosive against a similarly stingy Gladiator D? There are certainly more questions but this should be a close game with a mistake or “bad bounce” possibly being the difference.

Maybe there were two INTs, I just can’t remember it. Last week when I made the comment that Chilhowie would shut down Galax’s running game, well, that idea was met with a lot of saltiness. Well the proofs in the stats, 69 yards. And based on some of those analogies others were using regarding Chilhowie schedule vs Galax and who they had beat with their tough schedule, after today’s win, using those same analogies, Chilhowie could be the 2A and 3A champions. Not my words but theirs. Chilhowie will have a challenge next week. Today was electric.
Come on now, no one said Galax would be 2a or 3a champions, the saltiness toward you was about your comments about Narrows and Galax players. Enjoy your win get ready for the Red Team.

Calling for big snow this weekend. Does anyone see them moving this game to Friday?
It is a possibility. The question would be do you have both games during the day Friday and have kids miss school or do you have the game Friday night at two different stadiums.

Reactions: Bama1985
Calling for big snow this weekend. Does anyone see them moving this game to Friday?
Looking at the weather on my phone it’s saying Saturday night into Sunday but you how weather forecasting is if your right half the time you are good at it

I would absolutely LOVE to see a snow game, but not at the expense of safety to players, coaches, officials, and fans.

I remember the second INT it was 4th and goal
Come on now, no one said Galax would be 2a or 3a champions, the saltiness toward you was about your comments about Narrows and Galax players. Enjoy your win get ready for the Red Team.

You’re right. Thanks for keeping me in check on both my mouth and my memory.

By the way, I couldn’t buy you a hotdog anyways there wasn’t a concession stand.

Last edited:
It is a possibility. The question would be do you have both games during the day Friday and have kids miss school or do you have the game Friday night at two different stadiums.
I say fri night at two different stadiums, last year they moved it from Saturday to sunday but looks like sunday will be out of the picture this year

Maybe I am the only one thinking this but doesn’t it seem a little fitting that the gate will be affected by weather after this crazy football season. I am hopeful that the game is still played at the same Stadium and 1A and 2A is back to back. There is a flow to that and media outlets can go back to back on coverage. However safety of the student athlete for the game and the trip has to be the first priority. A decision by?????

I would love to see a Friday night game, works better for my schedule. Plus I love night games.

In all seriousness, VHSL do the right thing, don't wait until Thursday to make a decision. Be proactive and save a lot of last minute headaches. Make the decision first thing Monday morning and stick with it. Friday night at 7pm would allow most fans time to travel 2 hours to the venue.

What other venues are available in the Roanoke/Salem area that could host this event so both 1A and 2A could play simultaneously?

I would love to see a Friday night game, works better for my schedule. Plus I love night games.

In all seriousness, VHSL do the right thing, don't wait until Thursday to make a decision. Be proactive and save a lot of last minute headaches. Make the decision first thing Monday morning and stick with it. Friday night at 7pm would allow most fans time to travel 2 hours to the venue.

What other venues are available in the Roanoke/Salem area that could host this event so both 1A and 2A could play simultaneously?
i like the fri night at 7, but prob wont have both games at the same place, if the first one starts at 7, u cant beat fri night lights

East Rock has no reason to hang their heads. They had a dominant team, but Goochland is just better. Goochland isn't flashy, but make no mistake, they have playmakers and play very patient, disciplined ball. Hats off to their coach. Those Bulldogs are focused and prepared.

As for the original thread topic. The 1A game is going to be great. Riverheads is about the same as last year. Like Goochland, they're going to go into this game like it's just another day at the office. Chilhowie has proven they are better than last year, and they were pretty darn good then. Owning Galax the way that they did is hard to ignore. Chilhowie has got to jump out early and convert on 3rd downs. On defense, keep it simple, back to basics, and get ready for a tough physical game. Riverheads running backs never go down with the initial contact, no matter how hard you bring it. Be relentless and play to the whistle. It's gonna be a slobberknocker!

Well said. I have always thought of Riverheads and Goochland as quite similar programs (in many ways).

When everyone was picking East Rock, I mentioned the 5 reasons that Goochland might prevail.

obguthr (or any neutral fans), do you truly think Chilhowie can win this rematch? I am hoping they can as it would make 1A more interesting for one and they seem like good people out there (underdogs are always fun to pull for).

Two of my favorite fan bases I have met were from John Battle and Haysi. Not sure how close these schools are to Chilhowie.

If I was Vegas, I would start the betting at Riverheads by 14.

Then adjust as the bets came in. Thoughts? about right, more, closer...

Chilhowie -2 should be the line. They have proven their record is no joke. A once defeated team shouldn’t be favored over an undefeated team regardless of who that team is. It should be a close game so the betting edge should go that way. This may end up being a classic game.

Both teams are better this year than last. Game will be closer this year but I just still don’t see it being that close in my opinion.

Riverheads -21

After the game between Chilhowie and Galax IMO Chilhowie is better than I thought and Galax is not as good as I thought. Chilhowie is better than last years team but so is Riverheads. Im taking Riverheads 35-14 for a couple of reasons. Casto,Casto and Casto.

now we need to know if we can bring mr brooks cow bells to the game, one year you can and then the next year you cant

now we need to know if we can bring mr brooks cow bells to the game, one year you can and then the next year you cant
I think the rules say no arificial noise makers. Bring them anyway. What are the going to do search you. Ive heard all kind of noise makers during the state games over the years air horns, cow bells and a lot of other things. Im pretty sure they wouldnt let Giles bring that train horn in a few years ago and man that thing was annoying too but kind of hard to hide that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT