ADVERTISEMENT

Christiansburg QB transferring to Blue Ridge

which is a private all boys boarding school. He'll have 3 years eligibility (2 HS years and a prep year)

http://ourvalley.org/christiansburg-quarterback-to-transfer/

Well, this is rather sobering news in Demon land, one would think. Kane was essentially the only weapon C'burg had last year. I honestly couldn't remember him from the Salem game last fall, but then I recalled that he was injured at some point, and left the game. I hope the move works out well for him.

Early indications seem to point to another long season in Christiansburg. Perhaps any Blue Demon fans can tell us if any help is on the way.

Well, this is rather sobering news in Demon land, one would think. Kane was essentially the only weapon C'burg had last year. I honestly couldn't remember him from the Salem game last fall, but then I recalled that he was injured at some point, and left the game. I hope the move works out well for him.

Early indications seem to point to another long season in Christiansburg. Perhaps any Blue Demon fans can tell us if any help is on the way.
If I remember correctly, he had a couple of nice first down runs against us, but you're right he was the only highlight potential I remember them having. He had some nice highlights against other opponents for a Sophomore, but he needed help and didn't really have someone to help shoulder the load.

I think Blacksburg has a lot of potential if they can replace a couple of Wr's and have a good OL. The big QB they had last year is graduating, but his brother is a rising Soph and he looks to have similar abilities. (Their dad is Chad Johnston, former WVU QB) They have a couple of good RB's in Cole & Terry. Their scheme changed to a Spread with the new coach when Crist retired.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, he had a couple of nice first down runs against us, but you're right he was the only highlight potential I remember them having. He had some nice highlights against other opponents for a Sophomore, but he needed help and didn't really have someone to help shoulder the load.

I think Blacksburg has a lot of potential if they can replace a couple of Wr's and have a good OL. The big QB they had last year is graduating, but his brother is a rising Soph and he looks to have similar abilities. (Their dad is Chad Johnston, former WVU QB) They have a couple of good RB's in Cole & Terry. Their scheme changed to a Spread with the new coach when Crist retired.
That qb from Blacksburg was a big hefty fella huh? White kid? I think he was in the Senior Showcase at Liberty U. What was the school colors? I think he had a big B on a white helmet.

I just looked up the school colors. Yep, that was that kid from Blacksburg. I remember him because he had one target he threw at the whole game and I was getting frustrated that he wouldn't throw it at Buster Henderson. lol

That qb from Blacksburg was a big hefty fella huh? White kid? I think he was in the Senior Showcase at Liberty U. What was the school colors? I think he had a big B on a white helmet.
Yeah 6'3" 230 I. Johnston. His younger brother should be the starter this year. G Johnston 6'4" 190 as a Freshman last year. Their dad Chad was the QB at WVU. He is also the OC for Blacksburg.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT