ADVERTISEMENT

Clarke vs Stuarts Draft

Oct 10, 2021
Both teams took care of business tonight. Looking forward to a good game next week. Stuarts Draft is the favorite but I think whoever wins this game wins the region. Anybody have any thoughts on this game?

Reactions: Mr.Moe
Not saying you are wrong but CC defense is giving up around 7 pts a game. That's a tough task but if it was to happen kudos to them

I see Clarke winning a close game. It is going to come down to coaching. I give that edge to Coach Childs from Clarke. When you have the two headed Monster they have running the football and the ball hawking defense they have it is hard to pick against them. Draft is more than capable to win the ball game. I just have a feeling they will come out a little flat to start and if Clarke gets a lead that defense really clamps down.

I see Clarke winning a close game. It is going to come down to coaching. I give that edge to Coach Childs from Clarke. When you have the two headed Monster they have running the football and the ball hawking defense they have it is hard to pick against them. Draft is more than capable to win the ball game. I just have a feeling they will come out a little flat to start and if Clarke gets a lead that defense really clamps down.
Clarke is Broy... Just like they were Rutherford when they lost the rematch to East Rock a few years back when he missed due to injury. There is no two-headed anything. That kid has won them 4 games by himself.

Draft big, I say that because Clarke struggled with Luray and Draft blew them out in the 1st quarter.

Darlington is the teams leading rusher. District player of the year for offense so it is a two headed monster in the backfield. They are more than one player and Coach Childs is the better Coach in this Matchup in my opinion. Broy was the Defensive player of the year in the. Regardless of what we all think the young men will decide it on the field. I just think Clarke gets it done. If I am wrong no big deal because Draft is more than capable of winning this game.

Reactions: DASWAMP11
Darlington is the teams leading rusher. District player of the year for offense so it is a two headed monster in the backfield. They are more than one player and Coach Childs is the better Coach in this Matchup in my opinion. Broy was the Defensive player of the year in the. Regardless of what we all think the young men will decide it on the field. I just think Clarke gets it done. If I am wrong no big deal because Draft is more than capable of winning this game.
I like Darlington. He runs hard. But Broy is the best player on the field for Clarke at all times.
Coach hasn’t done anything. This is his first playoff appearance.

Clarke is Broy... Just like they were Rutherford when they lost the rematch to East Rock a few years back when he missed due to injury. There is no two-headed anything. That kid has won them 4 games by himself.
Clarke is more than Broy. Darlington is the work horse in that offense and the player of the year. He finds the endzone.

Clarke is Broy... Just like they were Rutherford when they lost the rematch to East Rock a few years back when he missed due to injury. There is no two-headed anything. That kid has won them 4 g

I mean i guess the player of the year is chopped liver lol. Both are really good and they feed off of each other.

I will try to watch a Clarke game in the next day or so to get a better gauge on them but I will say that Draft isn’t quite as good defensively as they were last year. That said they will have as much speed on D as Clarke has seen this year so I would expect that to play downhill most of the night. I am assuming that Clarke is still running the wing so it’s about eye discipline and assignment football (I love seeing the wing ran well btw). That’s what the Cougars do pretty well. Offensively Draft hasn’t tapped into a few things that they can certainly do so I look to see some adjustments that may surprise some people.
And I have no dog in this but there isn’t a person walking this planet that can convince me that Clarke has a coaching advantage. It’s likely even but to throw that out there is ludicrous at best. I don’t recall a four/five year stretch of hearing about Clarke being a favorite in the region so read into that what you will.

No offense to Darlington at all. He’s a football player (see Strasburg special teams play) . I just think that with that system and so many players in the box he can be bottled up (see Luray, see Meridian). Give him room to work and he shines more (even with being the POY).

I will try to watch a Clarke game in the next day or so to get a better gauge on them but I will say that Draft isn’t quite as good defensively as they were last year. That said they will have as much speed on D as Clarke has seen this year so I would expect that to play downhill most of the night. I am assuming that Clarke is still running the wing so it’s about eye discipline and assignment football (I love seeing the wing ran well btw). That’s what the Cougars do pretty well. Offensively Draft hasn’t tapped into a few things that they can certainly do so I look to see some adjustments that may surprise some people.
And I have no dog in this but there isn’t a person walking this planet that can convince me that Clarke has a coaching advantage. It’s likely even but to throw that out there is ludicrous at best. I don’t recall a four/five year stretch of hearing about Clarke being a favorite in the region so read into that what you will.
No way they have a coaching advantage, if anybody has a coaching advantage its Draft, coach Floyd is a heck of a coach, gave Appo all they wanted the past 2 years when Appo had superior talent and speed.

Watch the game they played Luray, If they bring that game to Stuarts Draft they lose big.

No I want to see them at their best, so which game should I check out? Seriously I like to see the wing ran well and if they are as stout as everyone is saying I want to see them at their best. Different way to phrase it but who did they play that’s pretty good but that they handled the best?

No I want to see them at their best, so which game should I check out? Seriously I like to see the wing ran well and if they are as stout as everyone is saying I want to see them at their best. Different way to phrase it but who did they play that’s pretty good but that they handled the best?
Central game

The 50 yards of the field you can see looks nice but that is the worst camera I have seen on NFHS. It’s almost as if someone has that old frosted privacy glass sitting in front of the camera from the 50 to the right. Unwatchable

The 50 yards of the field you can see looks nice but that is the worst camera I have seen on NFHS. It’s almost as if someone has that old frosted privacy glass sitting in front of the camera from the 50 to the right. Unwatchable
Not going to lie i completely forgot about that. CCs camera is terrible for some reason. The strasburg game was another good game. It was at strasburg so the camera should be good

Not going to lie i completely forgot about that. CCs camera is terrible for some reason. The strasburg game was another good game. It was at strasburg so the camera should be good
The Strasburg game was a real good game. Strasburg made some boneheaded plays that a good team like Clarke took advantage of. For the most part it was a good hard fought battle between to rivals

Probably their last game.

Agree
The Strasburg game was a special teams disaster for the Rams. Even matchup otherwise I thought
Strasburg is a better team now than when they played Clarke the first time and when they played Central and looked bad because that was their third game in ten days, because of the virus, and that's a lot to ask of anyone .

I think Draft will cruise. Clarke beat Luray 14-0. Great defense. Draft beat Luray 44-7. Clarke has not seen an offense like Draft's all year.
I dont think so. I know I'm a CC fan but this team is really good defensively. Draft hasn't faced a defense like this all year and I'm including riverheads in that. This defense is fast and athletic. The offense will score enough and CC will walk out with a W. If I'm wrong ill be on here to say so lol

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I dont think so. I know I'm a CC fan but this team is really good defensively. Draft hasn't faced a defense like this all year and I'm including riverheads in that. This defense is fast and athletic. The offense will score enough and CC will walk out with a W. If I'm wrong ill be on here to say so lol

No shame in believing in your team!

Kinda excited to see this one now with some of the talk on here. I don’t see a blowout for either team so curious how both react when it’s tight/tied in the fourth? As they say, pressure busts pipes.

Strasburg is a better team now than when they played Clarke the first time and when they played Central and looked bad because that was their third game in ten days, because of the virus, and that's a lot to ask of anyone

Kinda excited to see this one now with some of the talk on here. I don’t see a blowout for either team so curious how both react when it’s tight/tied in the fourth? As they say, pressure busts pipes.
I think its going to be tight. I don't see either team blowing the other out. Looking forward to Friday night

When someone on I-81 or in that region beats Draft other than Riverheads, I will believe it, but only when I see it. It's been 3 years, 2018, or almost 1/3rd of a decade since Draft has lost to team in that Region other than Riverheads, which of course is 1B. 3 years isn't a terribly long time, but that's a lot of games played.

Rhs has a pretty good defense, we held draft to 10 and 13 points, and we got the win in both games, if clarke can hold them to 14 points or less u should win, if not I like draft in this game, GO BIG RED

Rhs has a pretty good defense, we held draft to 10 and 13 points, and we got the win in both games, if clarke can hold them to 14 points or less u should win, if not I like draft in this game, GO BIG RED
Rhs was losing 10 to 7 at the half the first game and ended up 28 to 10, and second game it was 7 to 0 at the half and ended up 35 to 13, draft is a rival and district game and plays rhs tough, so I don't see a blowout in this game

Rhs was losing 10 to 7 at the half the first game and ended up 28 to 10, and second game it was 7 to 0 at the half and ended up 35 to 13, draft is a rival and district game and plays rhs tough, so I don't see a blowout in this game
I totally agree. I dont think either team will blow the other out. I think its going to be a close the entire game.

Reactions: Bama1985
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT